US 2024 Presidential Election

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
But hey, none of it affects me, so why should I care? I can't do anything about it, I don't have any power, and I'm wrong for trying to use what little influence I can, so why fucking bother if I'll just get blamed for it?
Because actually doing something is better than doing nothing, have our rights and freedoms taken away for the sake of a biatch and his political party being an all powerful dictatorship where everyone suffers. Yet those that are female (and pregnant), immigrants, POCs, and LGTQ will get it the worse. Fuck who gets mad at your for making the best decision possible. They'll senselessly blame anyone for now following their ways and only theirs.

I voted for who I chose to vote, to stop another wannabe Nazi and their wannabe Nazi regime. I'll do it a million times when given the opportunities.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
I was being somewhat facetious/dramatic there. I'm still voting, and I know who I'm voting for. It's just frustrating knowing that I can't actually do anything to change anything, and when nothing changes, I'll be blamed for voting wrong.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It's just frustrating knowing that I can't actually do anything to change anything,
Yes you can. You just have to search other ways or manipulate the system to the benefit of those at are in need of actual help. I am not taking any of this lying down. Do what you can.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Trump bused attendees to his rally at Coachella, and then left them stranded there after the rally ended. The same thing happened before at Trump rallies back in 2020 as well. In this case people got heat stroke, in the past they froze.

This pretty much sums up Trump, his campaign, and his time in office. He doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself and hires people who are incompetent. his campaign can't figure out the logistics to simply get people safely to and from an event and people trust him to run a country?

Previous Trump rally leaving people stranded:

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Just Trump saying that anyone who doesn't vote for him are worse than foreign terrorists and should have the military used against them. Total unadulterated fascism up for vote in a democracy, it's absolutely fucking insane.

“No, I don’t think — not from the side that votes for Trump,” the former president said when Bartiromo asked whether he was expecting chaos on Election Day. When she alluded to the Justice Department arresting and charging an Afghan national for allegedly plotting a terrorist attack in the US on Election Day and cited the threat of “outside agitators” and undocumented immigrants, Trump pivoted to talking about political opponents on the left.

“I think the bigger problem is the enemy from within, not even the people that have come in and destroying our country, by the way, totally destroying our country, the towns, the villages, they’re being inundated,” he said, referring to immigrants whom Trump has repeatedly attacked with dehumanizing rhetoric.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
The intended results of the repulsive lies Trump was screaming. Pure terrorism .

Around 1 p.m. Saturday, an official with the U.S. Forest Service, which is supporting recovery efforts after Hurricane Helene along with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, sent an urgent message to numerous federal agencies warning that “FEMA has advised all federal responders Rutherford County, NC, to stand down and evacuate the county immediately. The message stated that National Guard troops 'had come across x2 trucks of armed militia saying there were out hunting FEMA.’”
Chimney Rock, in Rutherford County, has become one of the centers of tension and conflict after a rumor spread on social media that government officials planned to seize the decimated village and bulldoze bodies under the rubble. Authorities and news outlets debunked the assertion, but people still took to social media imploring militias to go after FEMA.

A person familiar with FEMA operations, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the agency was working out of an abundance of caution and its teams were operating at fixed locations and secure areas instead of the usual practice of going door to door.

“FEMA continues to support communities impacted by Helene and help survivors apply for assistance,” the person said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to describe sensitive discussions. “For the safety of our dedicated staff and the disaster survivors we are helping, FEMA has made some operational adjustments.” The heightening tension has resulted in residents harassing federal employees, said Riva Duncan, a Forest Service official who lives in Asheville.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I was being somewhat facetious/dramatic there. I'm still voting, and I know who I'm voting for. It's just frustrating knowing that I can't actually do anything to change anything, and when nothing changes, I'll be blamed for voting wrong.
One way to look at democracy is that it's autocracy without requiring a rebellion to unseat the ruler.

Yes, you really are almost as powerless as a medieval peasant in the day-to-day running of the country. But at least a ruler can't run completely roughshod over the public's wishes through coercion, and if they try, you're not going to have armed conflict and a subsequent large national repair bill for getting rid of them.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Trump being shit is an excellent reason to not vote for Trump. It is not a good reason to vote for Harris.
It being a first past the post voting system in which voting for anyone but one of the major two parties is effectively a vote for the major party whose interests are farthest from yours due to the spoiler effect is a good reason not to vote for any third party. If you shouldn't vote for Trump and you shouldn't vote for a third party, that leaves Harris, by default.

You can pretend Jill Stein is the real genocide choice,
No, Jill Stein is the choice if you want Trump to win but don't want to have to admit you voted for him, even to yourself.

This pretty much sums up Trump, his campaign, and his time in office. He doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself and hires people who are incompetent. his campaign can't figure out the logistics to simply get people safely to and from an event and people trust him to run a country?
This isn't incompetence on Trump's part, it's a cost saving measure - he bused people to the rally because he needed a crowd. After the rally, he doesn't need them for anything in particular, so why is it his problem what happens to them? Saves him the cost of the return trip and probably won't kill anyone. Very much Trump thinking first, last and only about Trump which is entirely on brand for him.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
It being a first past the post voting system in which voting for anyone but one of the major two parties is effectively a vote for the major party whose interests are farthest from yours due to the spoiler effect is a good reason not to vote for any third party. If you shouldn't vote for Trump and you shouldn't vote for a third party, that leaves Harris, by default.

No, Jill Stein is the choice if you want Trump to win but don't want to have to admit you voted for him, even to yourself.

This isn't incompetence on Trump's part, it's a cost saving measure - he bused people to the rally because he needed a crowd. After the rally, he doesn't need them for anything in particular, so why is it his problem what happens to them? Saves him the cost of the return trip and probably won't kill anyone. Very much Trump thinking first, last and only about Trump which is entirely on brand for him.
I'm voting for the person whose interests are closest aligned to mine. If Harris wants to be that person, SHE has to be the one that stops being a Diet Republican.

My Twitter Feed was filled last night with pictures of patients at a hospital being on fire screaming in agony because Israel bombed a bunch of tents in the parking lot. She is so fucking far away from my interests that if you made it so that literally the only options to vote for would be Harris or Trump, I'd just not vote. This is what your horseshit "voting is a bus ride, not a valentines date" garbage has gotten us to. If all a politician has to be is "Not Republican" for you to vote for them, don't be shocked when they don't do shit to convince you that they are worthy of your vote.

I've never been one who has said The Republicans need to win so that people will radicalize when it becomes really shitty here but maybe this shithole country does actually deserve to burn to like those poor souls in that hospital parking lot when Genocide can't even be a Red Line for you #VBNMW people...

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

lol, lmao, brain worms detected. You know what voting for Stein is? Not voting Trump. You can tell because they have different names.

Reactions: tippy2k2

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
lol, lmao, brain worms detected. You know what voting for Stein is? Not voting Trump. You can tell because they have different names.
Does Stein's team also have brain worms when they bragged about a vote for them being able to grant Trump the White House?

There's nothing to suggest Stein is a naive little flower who just can't understand the risk. There's a lot more pointing towards her knowing she can grant Trump a win and that she's driven by malice into doing it.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Does Stein's team also have brain worms when they bragged about a vote for them being able to grant Trump the White House?

There's nothing to suggest Stein is a naive little flower who just can't understand the risk. There's a lot more pointing towards her knowing she can grant Trump a win and that she's driven by malice into doing it.
A lot of people don't seem to understand that elections and voting are events grounded in reality with actual consequences rather than theoretical debates on hypothetical futures.

If you're going to vote a certain way due to your personal philosophy, at least have the decency to acknowledge the practical results of doing so rather than couching it purely in terms of abstract principles.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I don't think Trump is in any way personally involved in planning the logistics of his rallies.

I think he hires incompetent sycophants who are incapable of doing the bare minimum of their jobs.

Reactions: Kwak and BrawlMan

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Please do not insult other forum users -- single thread 7-day suspension issued

Wanting Dems to lose is a notably different desire that could go with Trump winning.

So how about this, shut the fuck up about Trump and say why I should vote for Harris. She stands actively against what I want as a voter, why should I vote for her? I'd rather vote in my best interests.
A lot of people don't seem to understand that elections and voting are events grounded in reality with actual consequences rather than theoretical debates on hypothetical futures.

If you're going to vote a certain way due to your personal philosophy, at least have the decency to acknowledge the practical results of doing so rather than couching it purely in terms of abstract principles.
You first, genocide lover.

Reactions: tippy2k2