Conflict between Palestine and Israel escalates

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Israel is at the point they’ve been around long enough for most of the world to see them become the villain.

Seeing as Israel was established through colonization - forcing 700.000 indigenous people of their land - they didn't become the villain, they were the villain from the outset.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

Huh...30 days eh

Hey chat, in 30 days, would anything have changed where Biden would no longer have the need to enforce this?

EDIT: changed from "authority" to "need" cause I got excited and worded it poorly

Last edited:

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Hey chat, in 30 days, would anything have changed where Biden would no longer have the authority to enforce this?
As i understand, no. Even after the election Biden stays in office until formally transferring power next year. That is why we had the january 6th nonsense last time.

However, whatever he does inbetween can't hurt democratic election efforts anymore.

Reactions: tippy2k2

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
As i understand, no. Even after the election Biden stays in office until formally transferring power next year. That is why we had the january 6th nonsense last time.

However, whatever he does inbetween can't hurt democratic election efforts anymore.
You know, that's fair. I jumped the gun with my snark and worded it poorly because of that...

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
You know, that's fair. I jumped the gun with my snark and worded it poorly because of that...
You assume it is an empty promise for potential voters like you that he doesn't need tp uphold after the election. But it might as well be the opposite : That after the election he is finally free to oppose Netanyahu without the Republicans making Israel support a mayor election topic.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
You assume it is an empty promise for potential voters like you that he doesn't need tp uphold after the election. But it might as well be the opposite : That after the election he is finally able to oppose Netanyahu without the Republicans making Israel support a mayor election topic.
I kind of have a hard time believing them when they promise that they'll finally do something about Israel...AFTER we have no power to keep them accountable if they decide to go back on that. Not to mention that every chance Biden/Harris/Trump get, they're tripping over each other to talk about how they'll always be sure Israel has the "power to defend itself" and that we'll never "abandon" Israel.

So yeah, you'll have to forgive me if all this looks like is bullshit lip service to try to trick gullible voters into giving Harris their vote because they pinky swear that they'll do something about Israel finally after a good year of genocide fun...

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Honestly, the Democratic base is divided on the issue, the Republican one is united. So the only thing Biden and Harris can do until election is lip service : Promising to protect Israel and at the same time making noises about humanitarian rights having to be respected. And otherwise do as little as possible to make people pay attention to the conflict.

But not only did Israel everything in its power to let the Republicans win, Netanyahu has repeatedly snubbed and humiliated Biden and sabotaged his policies all the time. I am not sure what Biden would want to do without the election looming.
I am not saying it is guaranteed that he will follow through, but there is certainly a possibility.

I don't buy that it is only an election promise. Most possible voter, including most undecided want the US to support Israel unconditionally.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Bye biatch, go fuck yourself, and don't hit the door on the way out.

Last edited:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Bye biatch, go fuck yourself, and don't hit the door on the way out.
Yeah I heard. 'I said some straight-up Nazi shit, my bad.'

Not that this dude wasn't already a vile c*nt before any of this.

Reactions: BrawlMan