US 2024 Presidential Election

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
K. You remain the only one of the two of us telling others their voting preferences are wrong (and they support genocide to boot), so ya got some intriguing standards there.
I actually haven't told people their voting preference is wrong. Someone on a previous page said they were voting for Harris because of Korea and that's fine, makes sense. I had a conversation with Brawlman where I tried to persuade him to vote for Stein and he didn't go for it, and that was fine too.

It's only a problem when people like you show up to "WELL ACKSHUALLY" Stein voters into holding positions they don't actually hold. And now that you admit you started this nonsense that's great. So back to it, don't start insulting people if you don't want it thrown back in your face.

Reactions: tippy2k2

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I actually haven't told people their voting preference is wrong.
Calling a vote for a certain candidate "supporting genocide" over and over again doesn't count as that, then? Intriguing standard indeed.

So back to it, don't start insulting people if you don't want it thrown back in your face.
I suppose if you interpret basic moral analogies as insults.

Last edited:

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Not when they pick the fight. It's 2024, you have to clamp down on vote shaming bro. Don't come at me with your vote shame, you just make this environment where vote shaming is normal.
I said voting for Stein was principled and rational.

You said voting for Harris was supporting genocide.

You are the only one of us vote shaming. You are lying.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I said voting for Stein was principled and rational.

You said voting for Harris was supporting genocide.

You are the only one of us vote shaming. You are lying.
Voting for accelerationism, or refusing to vote, isn't pressuring anyone. It's sort of the opposite; sending a message that your priorities need not be taken into account. Because most of the time, even when mainstream parties have offered things that the refuseniks wanted, the same voices have just expressed that they don't trust 'em so ain't voting for 'em anyway.
Quit vote shaming bro. It's not cool, you're weird.

Last edited:
Reactions: tippy2k2

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Quite vote shaming bro. It's not cool, you're weird.
I'm very sorry you cannot recognise the difference between discussing the impact of a vote ("abstention doesn't add pressure") and vote-shaming ("YOU SUPPORT GENOCIDE"). It must make adult discussion about politics very difficult.

Reactions: BrawlMan

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I'm very sorry you cannot recognise the difference between discussing the impact of a vote ("abstention doesn't add pressure") and vote-shaming ("YOU SUPPORT GENOCIDE"). It must make adult discussion about politics very difficult.
There you are again, vote shaming. Don't vote shame me bro. It's 2024, we have to get past vote shaming.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Wait, I'm confused

Why is me stating that to vote Harris you don't have to be Pro-Genocide but you have to be ok with genocide voter shaming but you telling me that I'm wasting my vote/wasting my voice voting for Stein because she has no chance to win is simply telling me the impact of my vote?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom

Last edited:

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Wait, I'm confused

Why is me stating that to vote Harris you don't have to be Pro-Genocide but you have to be ok with genocide voter shaming but you telling me that I'm wasting my vote/wasting my voice voting for Stein because she has no chance to win is simply telling me the impact of my vote?
I didn't say your statement about it being/not being a deal-breaker was vote-shaming. Saying someone's vote means they must support genocide is, as Crimson has repeatedly said. But your statement wasn't the same.

((Though how you've described your statement there is different from how you initially put it. "You must not consider it a deal-breaker in a candidate" =/= "you must be ok with it itself". Someone can feel one way and not the other depending on other factors))

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Yeah it's getting ridiculous. As far as i'm concerned, the Republican party is actual pure evil trying to overthrow democracy and become a facist country.
You're literally the example of the reason the US is stuck in this unending status quo.

You don't know or seem to care to learn about the US system either, but it hasn't stopped you.
Are you saying SCOTUS could overturn slavery? Yes or No, I've been asking the same question over and over again for like months. You've said that SCOTUS won't do such a thing because of perception but then the fact that the constitution essentially says "No Slavery" has nothing to do with perception. That makes no sense.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I'd... like you to move away from it, and am waiting for it to happen. Just thought it a very funny transition to see you haughtily condemning your own behaviour.
Once again, I didn't start it. I responded to people acting haughty and weird with their own medicine, which is great for causing discomfort. However, as long as you can admit your mistakes and stop wading into arguments to vote shame people, it shouldn't come up again.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Trump won't condemn threatening FEMA workers.

And he's still on the whole "FEMA gave all their money to illegal immigrants" bullshit.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Are you saying SCOTUS could overturn slavery? Yes or No, I've been asking the same question over and over again for like months.
And I've answered the question multiple times already. You wouldn't need to keep asking if you read the answer the first time.

In practice, although they could, it would be extremely unlikely to last very long (well, barring a significant cultural shift in the future). Not due to the constitution standing in their way.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Once again, I didn't start it. I responded to people acting haughty and weird with their own medicine, which is great for causing discomfort.
This sort of playground stuff is so eerily reminiscent of tstorm.

I didn't say those things I said really, I was just using your own logic against you :sneaky::sneaky:

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
This sort of playground paragraph is so eerily reminiscent of tstorm.

I didn't say those things I said really, I was just using your own logic against you :sneaky::sneaky:
I mean, I guess I take this as you're going to keep being a weirdo vote shamer. You do you, if you want to keep being everything you're complaining about at me. Just stop vote shaming.