Old games you remember playing, but can't remember the name of

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
It was on PS1 and all I remeber is you get a ring early on and I think it was like a slightly futuristic but everything was Medieval

The gameplay was pretty bad
Do you remember what genre of game it was? Like action / RPG / puzzel / etc?
Or if it had a first-person or third-person camera?

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
It was on PS1 and all I remeber is you get a ring early on and I think it was like a slightly futuristic but everything was Medieval

The gameplay was pretty bad
Aside from the PS1 part that describes like every other fantasy game in existence.

Techdoxnz

Aug 17, 2020
New Zealand
Country
New Zealand
Okay this is going to a massive long shot but here we go.

When I was a kid in the late 90s I remember playing this game on my Dad's PC and this is what I remember.

You played as a bug/man thing and you started up on a high hill and some old small wizard looking man explained stuff to you (I guess how to play the game). You then flew or jumped down the cliff where there were like cow/buffalo looking things and all I can remember is being able to hide/turn into a bush and there was a hut where you could buy items maybe?

This game has been on my mind for like 20 years and I can't remember what it is HELP! :D

Aug 18, 2020
Country
United States
Platform: PS2 (fairly certain)
Type: Fantasy/Adventure/RPG
What I can remember: So the things I can remember with this game was that the opening animation was very rock n' roll and epic in it's music choice. I think the main character on the cover art was some sort of Valkyrie? The game itself was a top-down view hack n' slash adventure with multiple character types. It was designed to be multiplayer based on the different roles the characters could do and you had to unlock characters as you went. The character I happen to remember the most was the one I played which was the support class called Guardian. It was an Anubus like robot that used AOE magic/electric and a mace.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US

You're gonna have to be a lot less vague. There a lot of medieval games where you collect rings.
Do you remember what genre of game it was? Like action / RPG / puzzel / etc?
Or if it had a first-person or third-person camera?
Aside from the PS1 part that describes like every other fantasy game in existence.
Thats why I mentioned the futuristic I honestly don't remember much I think a ring is obtained early in it and its RPG or action RPG if I recall

The cover had I think knights on it or a floating island and was 3d modeled

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Thats why I mentioned the futuristic I honestly don't remember much I think a ring is obtained early in it and its RPG or action RPG if I recall

If you don't remember anything about the game, how will you know when we guess the right one?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

It wasn't Legend of Dragoon was it?

jjcho849

Aug 21, 2020
Country
USA
I remember this windows 98 game that was like a driving simulator and the camera angle is from inside the car first person and you can see the rear view mirror and the road and the trees and stuff but the most important detail I remember is that there was this yellow robot guy in the passenger seat who talks to you by text bubbles i think or something or maybe voice. Can somebody tell me what this game is? please help!

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I remember this windows 98 game that was like a driving simulator and the camera angle is from inside the car first person and you can see the rear view mirror and the road and the trees and stuff but the most important detail I remember is that there was this yellow robot guy in the passenger seat who talks to you by text bubbles i think or something or maybe voice. Can somebody tell me what this game is? please help!
Was there any car combat or anything in it? It might be Interstate 76 if there is.

Da Beast

Aug 22, 2020
Country
Pakistan
i donno if it was a dream or whatever because i cant find it no matter how hard i try, the game in my mind seemed somewhat like the following,

it was way back when i was i think 12 to 15 yro, now im 23. there were some classes, warrior or knight, dwarf, archer and i donno if there was a fourth one. at selection menu when you hover characters with arrow keys, whole scenario changed at each character like if i go to archer from dwarf she would be standing on a ledge, then if to dwarf, he would be standing on the ground with axe, to the knight, he would be standing with the sword in his hands, camera or the scene would change on the character, then in game play it was a bit like skyrim, there were orcs, skeletons, fire monsters etc, you can level up, increase stats and even eat when low on hp,
why i want this game is that i get nostalgic memories all the time about this game and nowadays its at its peak, that is why i posted oin this forum. please help me im getting frustrated so much

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
i donno if it was a dream or whatever because i cant find it no matter how hard i try, the game in my mind seemed somewhat like the following,

it was way back when i was i think 12 to 15 yro, now im 23. there were some classes, warrior or knight, dwarf, archer and i donno if there was a fourth one. at selection menu when you hover characters with arrow keys, whole scenario changed at each character like if i go to archer from dwarf she would be standing on a ledge, then if to dwarf, he would be standing on the ground with axe, to the knight, he would be standing with the sword in his hands, camera or the scene would change on the character, then in game play it was a bit like skyrim, there were orcs, skeletons, fire monsters etc, you can level up, increase stats and even eat when low on hp,
why i want this game is that i get nostalgic memories all the time about this game and nowadays its at its peak, that is why i posted oin this forum. please help me im getting frustrated so much
Here is a list of first-person action RPG's organized by year. If the game you're looking for is on the list, it should be on the first two pages.

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014

The game's much older than your timeframe suggests, but it might be "Severance: Blade of Darkness" (2001).
At least it has the panning camera in the character selection part.

Wesdbry

Aug 25, 2020
Country
USA
Mid 90's cd rom game (USA) where you start off shooting demons and skeletons that are coming towards you. You walk forwards as enemies approach. You controlled several men(maybe skeletons as well) and you selected wich ones shoot an enemy. You could select squad formations as well . You had to get to the end of the level without losing all your men.
The game scrolls up(3D-ish) as the game moves forward. Graphics were very good for its time. Don't know much more as I couldn't get that far in the game. Hope this description is enough for someone to help out.
Thanks in advance.

Wesdbry

Aug 25, 2020
Country
USA
Platform: PS2 (fairly certain)
Type: Fantasy/Adventure/RPG
What I can remember: So the things I can remember with this game was that the opening animation was very rock n' roll and epic in it's music choice. I think the main character on the cover art was some sort of Valkyrie? The game itself was a top-down view hack n' slash adventure with multiple character types. It was designed to be multiplayer based on the different roles the characters could do and you had to unlock characters as you went. The character I happen to remember the most was the one I played which was the support class called Guardian. It was an Anubus like robot that used AOE magic/electric and a mace.

Sounds like Gauntlet: Dark Legacy.

secorone

Aug 29, 2020
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, I'm new and by chance and luckily I found myself in this forum.
I've been puzzling for several days trying to find a game I hope some of you can help me ....
I have vague memories of the game, I only know that the character was a kind of ninja and was inside a laboratory subspecies (or in any case a very technological structure XD) of a predominantly white color, I don't remember the objective of the game .
Searching online I came across I-Ninja, who actually reminds me a lot only that something is wrong, my brain tells me it's not him ...
I played the game on ps2 over a dozen years ago.
If someone comes up with something, don't worry about writing XD
Thanks in advance

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Hi everyone, I'm new and by chance and luckily I found myself in this forum.
I've been puzzling for several days trying to find a game I hope some of you can help me ....
I have vague memories of the game, I only know that the character was a kind of ninja and was inside a laboratory subspecies (or in any case a very technological structure XD) of a predominantly white color, I don't remember the objective of the game .
Searching online I came across I-Ninja, who actually reminds me a lot only that something is wrong, my brain tells me it's not him ...
I played the game on ps2 over a dozen years ago.
If someone comes up with something, don't worry about writing XD
Thanks in advance
Ninja inside a white lab-type environment makes me think of N+

But it wasn't a PS2 game, so I don't know.

everdis

Sep 1, 2020
Country
Austria
Hi @ all, I am looking for a game I played in the 2000s (i think so)

It was a Point and Click Adventure in a spy setting.

In one scene you had to observe a luggage in an airport and after that you jumped on plane.
The overall story and setting was just like a James Bond movie but a bit of a parody.

BR Everdis