Armed civilian, 17, shoots 2 dead during Kenosha happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
It's Gateway Pundit, so I'll take this with a mine of salt until some real journalists cover it.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
What about the other link?
Posted before you edited that in. Give me a minute.

EDIT: Okay, yeah his lawyers really are saying all that crap. Regardless of whether or not they're telling the truth, kid's still a fuckin' murderer and the cops are useless jackboots.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
My interest is specifically with the quotes from his lawyer.

" When Rittenhouse arrived at the mechanics shop, he and others stood guard to prevent further destruction. "

If we want to give him the benefit of the doubt (as the law would do), I'd say that he's going there to protect his family or friends, to protect the ideals that he believes in, or perhaps to flex and LARP like the people he sees in social media. You know, all the pictures of black guys standing around with guns, protecting their shops or whatnot.
Is that phone ringing? Because I called it.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Yeah I figured. No problem. I'm fidgety with my posts.

I saw some other people saying they didn't trust the source just before your post so I went looking into other places the quotes were posted.
The second link was better. It was actual journalism. Rittenhouse's lawyers are using the playbook you would expect to get a stupid white kid acquitted. And of course, the gullible rubes who approve of vigilante justice will eat it up without a second thought. Kid's a fucking murderer.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
The second link was better. It was actual journalism. Rittenhouse's lawyers are using the playbook you would expect to get a stupid white kid acquitted. And of course, the gullible rubes who approve of vigilante justice will eat it up without a second thought. Kid's a fucking murderer.
Actually, Rittenhouse is apparently Hispanic.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
My interest is specifically with the quotes from his lawyer.
There was always about a zero chance that the truth would be worse than the initial media take. That being said, his lawyers defense isn't a very good defense. He went to join a riot. There's not such thing as a civilian going to a riot to oppose the rioting. That's just joining the riot with a different target for your mayhem. The extreme circumstances and age of the shooter might mitigate sentencing, but the conviction is definitely coming.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
There was always about a zero chance that the truth would be worse than the initial media take. That being said, his lawyers defense isn't a very good defense. He went to join a riot. There's not such thing as a civilian going to a riot to oppose the rioting. That's just joining the riot with a different target for your mayhem. The extreme circumstances and age of the shooter might mitigate sentencing, but the conviction is definitely coming.
Oh certainly. The kid is not without fault here.

Oh that's great.
George Zimmerman 2, Let's fucking goooooo!
All the people that were shot were white though. Yet people were still immediately talking about racism when this news first hit...

Kyle "Fuhrer" Rittenhouse
>Hispanic

Oh yeah, that's going to fly.
1985_68_2_710_l.jpg

Reactions: tstorm823

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
So, based on new news, the kid was working as a lifeguard in that state and then went to clean a school and then the auto parts shop owner called and asked for his help which is the point where he obtained the gun he used, he also had a medkit and was healing people. The gun never crossed state lines as a bunch of people here claimed.

Honestly, the issue here is that auto shop owners have to rely on militias to feel safe because their property was already vandalized by the protesters and the cops didn't protect it. This is the fault of the government of the state and city for not providing enough security to property owners on repeated occasions.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
This is the fault of the government of the state and city for not providing enough security to property owners on repeated occasions.
We should also mention the fact that there wouldn't have been a protest for bad faith actors to exploit had it not been for the cops being a bunch of corrupt, trigger-happy jackboots. In other words, the root problem that started all of this is: All Cops Are Bastards.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
So, based on new news, the kid was working as a lifeguard in that state and then went to clean a school and then the auto parts shop owner called and asked for his help which is the point where he obtained the gun he used, he also had a medkit and was healing people. The gun never crossed state lines as a bunch of people here claimed.

Honestly, the issue here is that auto shop owners have to rely on militias to feel safe because their property was already vandalized by the protesters and the cops didn't protect it. This is the fault of the government of the state and city for not providing enough security to property owners on repeated occasions.
He crossed state lines and joined a protest, nothing's changed in regards to his self-defense plea (which i don't think is gonna fly). What has changed is that whoever provided the gun has their own felony charge staring at them.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
We should also mention the fact that there wouldn't have been a protest for bad faith actors to exploit had it not been for the cops being a bunch of corrupt, trigger-happy jackboots. In other words, the root problem that started all of this is: All Cops Are Bastards.
How did the kid exploit anything? He was called to help by an auto shop owner because his property had already been vandalized and people did nothing. The kid didn't vandalize that guy's property so that he will get him to guard it. He didn't even have guns with him when he went to his job and he had to procure them elsewhere.

And sure I don't disagree with putting blame on cops either, I'm not particularly fond of cops, though no matter how much of a bastard a cop is you still never have the right to break or steal auto shop items.
He crossed state lines and joined a protest, nothing's changed in regards to his self-defense plea (which i don't think is gonna fly). What has changed is that whoever provided the gun has their own felony charge staring at them.
No, he was already past state lines doing his lifeguard job and washing graffiti off a school with no plan to join anything at the time of his traversing state lines. then he was called to help the auto shop while already being in the state that the riots were happening in. He was working in a different state than the one he lives in.

"He crossed state lines AND joined a protest" is VEEEERY different from "He crossed state lines TO join a protest" and trying to liken the two is very sneaky and dishonest. Also apparently two of the other people involved in the riots lived further away from that place than the kid did.

Last edited:

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Didn't Blake have a warrant out for his arrest and got tasered twice and refused to come peacefully before the shooting happened?

Reactions: tstorm823

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
No, he was already past state lines doing his lifeguard job and washing graffiti off a school with no plan to join anything at the time of his traversing state lines. then he was called to help the auto shop while already being in the state that the riots were happening in. He was working in a different state than the one he lives in.

"He crossed state lines AND joined a protest" is VEEEERY different from "He crossed state lines TO join a protest" and trying to liken the two is very sneaky and dishonest. Also apparently two of the other people involved in the riots lived further away from that place than the kid did.
It's not actually different. Because the self-defense plea is going to fall apart when it's pointed out he willingly went into a dangerous situation. And he was so far removed from the dangerous situation himself that he's from another state.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
It's not actually different. Because the self-defense plea is going to fall apart when it's pointed out he willingly went into a dangerous situation. And he was so far removed from the dangerous situation himself that he's from another state.
He was there to help people with a medkit and he was protecting an auto shop that ASKED him to be there. Those are not things that justify you being attacked and make you defending yourself from that attack a crime. He wasn't in any way reckless.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
State lines mean nothing when you live near them. Going five miles to the next state is no more arduous than going five miles in the opposite direction, further into your state. You need to get over this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.