Not open for further replies.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
See they think it is like if they put 50 yr old boobs on a 4yr old brain, head and body then does that round up their age? Like the bigger the boobs are it adds age or something so if they make them REALLY BIG then that must add years to the rest of the body XD

Putting boobs on Dora the explorer somehow makes her old " 'nough" now. /s
Oh! I just figured it out the point of contention now actually, it's the bit about the 4 year old brain. She's not 4, that would be gross and weird...
she's actually just a 3000 year old dragon who has been cursed to look like a child, her childlike behavior is just because she is fun and wacky, with just a little bit of stupid.

Reactions: lil devils x

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Oh! I just figured it out the point of contention now actually, it's the bit about the 4 year old brain. She's not 4, that would be gross and weird...
she's actually just a 3000 year old dragon who has been cursed to look like a child, her childlike behavior is just because she is fun and wacky, with just a little bit of stupid.
I came really close to making a Dora with giant boobs and the rest of her left the same to prove a point, but even that was too abominable for me to do. The world just does not need that to exist. It is bad enough Anime is flooded with it, we do not need to give little girls more nightmares as it is.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
This was doing so well. Watch what you like and let my cheesecake exist and understandable point. But then we tried to justify the "but she is actually legal age but with child body" and then it went to shit.

It is this level of protection at all cost despite any critical thought is why these discussion of anime will continue til the end of time.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Speaking of systemic problems in the industry, what's the over-under on the Act Age writer getting actual jail time, merely bared from the industry, or being back in the industry after a slap on the wrist after a few years?

Act Age had just gotten an English release and was picking up steam.

This was doing so well. Watch what you like and let my cheesecake exist and understandable point. But then we tried to justify the "but she is actually legal age but with child body" and then it went to shit.

It is this level of protection at all cost despite any critical thought is why these discussion of anime will continue til the end of time.
Yeah, weebs really need to get with the idea that A) it's okay to like trash and B) it's okay if lots of people don't like your preferred version of trash.

Hell, trashy romcoms being widely regarded as trash doesn't stop trashy romcoms or their fans from existing. In just that same way as garbage slasher flicks, schlocky action movies, inane kids shows, basic police procedurals, cringe medical dramas, etc, etc, etc.

That some entertainment media happens to be cartoons made in Japan doesn't give them a special pass. In my mind, *that's* the main source of the current systemic issues in the anime industry.

Reactions: lil devils x

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I guess strike the fun part though
Well, if you really wanna have a discussion about it, answer the dilemma:

Is it okay to be attracted to an adult who looks like a child? Haven't we already had real-life cases of adults who appear similar to children? Do they not deserve love? Would you doom them to a life of celibacy?

Nobody wants to be the bad guy and say "nope, the don't ever deserve to be loved", because that would invalidate real humans.
Nobody wants to say "it's okay for them to find love", because that would justify the weebs, and people would rather die than do that.

You are between a rock and a hard place.

Last edited:

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Is it okay to be attracted to an adult who looks like a child?
Nope!
Haven't we already had real-life cases of adults who appear similar to children?
Not that I recall?
Do they not deserve love?
Do they even exist?
Would you doom them to a life of celibacy?
Sure, why not, take them out of the gene pool.
Nobody wants to be the bad guy and say "nope, the don't ever deserve to be loved", because that would invalidate real humans.
Housey, anime isn't real.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Not that I recall?
Well, all you have to do is google "adults that look like children" and you'll find some actors who play teenagers despite being adults:
This woman
These women:
(Yes, the person on the left is an adult)

Anyone with Turner Syndrome, a la the Law & Order episode "Clock" (Which is primarily what I was thinking of)
Anyone with Russell-Silver Syndrome

So now that you know that these people exist, does that change any of your answers?

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Well, all you have to do is google "adults that look like children" and you'll find some actors who play teenagers despite being adults:
This woman
These women:
(Yes, the person on the left is an adult)

Anyone with Turner Syndrome, a la the Law & Order episode "Clock" (Which is primarily what I was thinking of)
Anyone with Russell-Silver Syndrome

So now that you know that these people exist, does that change any of your answers?
Nope! It does confirm to me how desperate pedos will get to justify their fetish that they'll have researched all sorts of bizarre edge cases and take advantage of people's medical conditions so that they can "NO YOU" whenever somebody criticizes 3000 year old dragons.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Well then, you have something in common with Nazis, in that you are a proponent of eugenics, by suggesting that these people be removed from the gene pool. But hey, at least you stuck it to those weebs. That's the important thing, right?

I never get this weird propensity of some people... to ascribe personhood, agency and intent on fictional characters.
Isn't that exactly what people are doing when they say that a fictional character is "a child" in either mind or body? In the case of Uzaki, they're making such a complex case that a character (a CHARACTER IN A FICTIONAL WORK, mind you) has some kind of mental illness, as if they were a real person, and therefore, they don't have agency and can't consent to anything.

If you think it's weird, then stop doing it. Just take the fictional characters at face value. If they're a 3000-year-old vampire, then that's what they are. Don't rip the characters out of their fictional settings, bring them into our world, submit them for psychological evaluation or diagnose a problem in their pituitary gland, and judge them by your cultural values. Let them be fictional characters.

But these weird fictional lolis that have children's bodies but are actually millennia old (and thus totes legit to sexualize) are not people
So therefore, there's nothing that anyone needs to complain about when it comes to sexualization, because they aren't people. Great!

At the end of the day it still is creepy as fuck, because you are obviously lusting over a depiction of a child's body
Okay, so being attracted to an adult who happens to look like a child is fine.
But draw a picture of that person and it's suddenly not fine?
I smell a double standard.

Last edited:

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Well, if you really wanna have a discussion about it, answer the dilemma:

Is it okay to be attracted to an adult who looks like a child? Haven't we already had real-life cases of adults who appear similar to children? Do they not deserve love? Would you doom them to a life of celibacy?

Nobody wants to say "it's okay for them to find love", because that would justify the weebs, and people would rather die than do that.

You are between a rock and a hard place.
Just wanted to an excuse to post that, it's a great concert, and also happens to tie into my point. People are more than 2-dimensional pictures. You seem to be thinking that the only way these people can find love is because somebody else finds them physically attractive (which is kinda gross, but better than the alternative I guess), maybe they find their insight into anime to be funny and gels with the person's own? Maybe they play the same games, music tastes, hell, maybe they are a talented musician even.

So of course I believe they should find love, obviously, but thinking it's only skin deep is an extremely shallow way of going about it.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
but thinking it's only skin deep is an extremely shallow way of going about it.
Good. Tell that to the detractors who don't care about Tatsumaki's 28-year-old brain and only look at her 10-year-old body. Tell them that they're being shallow by judging by appearances.

Tell that to Uzaki's haters who say that, because she childish sometimes, she must be relegated to kindergarten and treated as a toddler.

Tell that to the people that want to take an aspect of someone's personality or appearance and claim that it is the entirety of their being.

You're on our side now. Welcome to the weebs.

Last edited:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Nope! It does confirm to me how desperate pedos will get to justify their fetish that they'll have researched all sorts of bizarre edge cases and take advantage of people's medical conditions so that they can "NO YOU" whenever somebody criticizes 3000 year old dragons.
I swear he going to start qouting Mark Wahlberg from Transformers soon

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Good. Tell that to the detractors who don't care about Tatsumaki's 28-year-old brain and only look at her 10-year-old body. Tell them that they're being shallow by judging by appearances.

Tell that to Uzaki's haters who say that, because she childish sometimes, she must be relegated to kindergarten and treated as a toddler.

Tell that to the people that want to take an aspect of someone's personality or appearance and claim that it is the entirety of their being.
They'll never love you back, Housey.

Status
Not open for further replies.