Shower Thoughts MK2

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I don't know back in the day I used to have Link as an Avatar most of the time, so I don't know if he's specifically a character that girls like, I know that my friends liked to joke that I had a crush on Link, so like maybe that could've been a factor? But like someone would've needed to be one of my friends to be familiar with that gag and most people weren't.
I didn't have a crush on Link BTW, I just liked the Zelda games a lot, like back then I used to know everything there was to know about it.

Again Avatar used to be Link specifically, name also used to be different & I don't think as girly, though I guess most people called me Kale which while a plant I guess it sounds more feminine than masculine?

The new name thing was deliberate though, since it's been happening for a while I just decided to embrace it, went with Kae since it's phonetically the same as the letter K, which is the name of characters like K from King of Fighters & K AKA Joe from Blade Runner 2049 which are both fairly masculine but at the same time a girl's name, it's like basically an in-joke for myself only, I don't think other people would understand it unless I explained it, it also has to do with other stuff that I don't really want to get into.

Thinking back on it I guess I can think about a few things that might have given that idea, I guess back then I was pretty disgusted by the idea of sex, which like might have been seen as "innocent" or "pure" which I guess are traits more commonly associated with femininity, like I'd often check out or deliberately try to change the subject when that stuff came up, other stuff might have been the fact that I would often complain about unwanted romantic advances which again I think it's a problem that most people associate with women even if it's not exclusive to them and like other small stuff like that, I guess for all of these things it would require some level of familiarity with me.

That's like all I can think about, but even so, I think it's kinda weird that people decide to assign a gender to personality traits, like what makes something feminine or masculine doesn't make much sense to myself in general, but much less so with just personality traits.

Anyways I feel like continuing this discussion gets dangerously close to identity politics so I guess I'll stop as not to derail the thread, but that was genuinely what I thought in the shower, like it was a legit shower thought, I also feel I must clarify that it doesn't bother me at all, I've been joking about it for years but it's more that it perplexes me and I just don't understand it.
Have you played the remake of Link's Awakening?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Have you played the remake of Link's Awakening?
I haven't, I did like the original game and the remake does look pretty charming but to be honest I don't have a Switch and while I'd like to get one I currently have other things I'd like to prioritise over that, mainly a new PC since all my friends game on that and mine's pretty old so I can't really join them, maybe after I get that (Which it seems like I'll be able to by the end of the year, assuming nothing goes wrong again), like maybe after that I'll get a Switch since there are a few games I want for it.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I haven't, I did like the original game and the remake does look pretty charming but to be honest I don't have a Switch and while I'd like to get one I currently have other things I'd like to prioritise over that, mainly a new PC since all my friends game on that and mine's pretty old so I can't really join them, maybe after I get that (Which it seems like I'll be able to by the end of the year, assuming nothing goes wrong again), like maybe after that I'll get a Switch since there are a few games I want for it.
Cool cool. I've quite enjoyed my Switch, if you want recommendations for games when you get one then feel free to ask.

Reactions: Kae

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
It's kinda weird to finally own a gun after spending about half my life around them.

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
I am certain that Ron Livingston's character in Office space is my spirit animal.

EDIT: says the guy who works 11 day/110 hour work weeks, and kinda likes shoveling, raking, and sweeping rocks and moving bricks around in his free time from that...

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
There's something I've noticed lately that has really started to bother me: do you guys mind the amount of swearing that I use? My dad loves to swear while out driving and it really rubbed off on me as I got older and could swear myself.

Sorry for the triple post but no one else is posting here and I don't know if I should edit these thoughts into previous posts or not...

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
There's something I've noticed lately that has really started to bother me: do you guys mind the amount of swearing that I use? My dad loves to swear while out driving and it really rubbed off on me as I got older and could swear myself.

Sorry for the triple post but no one else is posting here and I don't know if I should edit these thoughts into previous posts or not...
I don't really care. So long as we aren't using swears specifically to denigrate each other then it's fine.

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
It's kinda weird to finally own a gun after spending about half my life around them.
Cool, I hope you never need to use it for self-defence but have fun with recreational activities such as target practice, hunting & murder all you want!

I don't think we, the users do care, but like the site does it claims to be PG-13 and as such it has censored many of my swears, which I guess it's fine but I also swear a lot so a few of my posts just come out with stuff like ***** & ******, that kind of thing, so the site's probably going to do the same to you.

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Cool, I hope you never need to use it for self-defence but have fun with recreational activities such as target practice, hunting & murder all you want!
Way ahead of you there:

I don't think we, the users do care, but like the site does it claims to be PG-13 and as such it has censored many of my swears, which I guess it's fine but I also swear a lot so a few of my posts just come out with stuff like ***** & ******, that kind of thing, so the site's probably going to do the same to you.
It's weird though, because I can fuck til the cows come home but ***** gets nixed.

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
So a few minutes ago when I was taking a shower it just hit me that I'm legally two people, like albeit two people with the exact same name and birth-date just born born in different cities, this is due to the fact that my parents lost my original birth certificate and registered me again in a different state, but the original record was saved and since I assumed I was registered to my actual birth-place when I requested a copy I was handed that copy, so yeah legally I'm two people with two different birth certificates.

As such we have decided that from now on we shall refer to ourselves in plural as we are a collective rather than an individual and now we must look for a way to increase the collective as being only two seems unsatisfactory, we shall become the Borg!

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
So a few minutes ago when I was taking a shower it just hit me that I'm legally two people, like albeit two people with the exact same name and birth-date just born born in different cities, this is due to the fact that my parents lost my original birth certificate and registered me again in a different state, but the original record was saved and since I assumed I was registered to my actual birth-place when I requested a copy I was handed that copy, so yeah legally I'm two people with two different birth certificates.

As such we have decided that from now on we shall refer to ourselves in plural as we are a collective rather than an individual and now we must look for a way to increase the collective as being only two seems unsatisfactory, we shall become the Borg!
My girlfriend's friend is in a similar situation. She was born on the 20th of the month, but her military papers listed her as being born on the 2nd. She tried to alert them to the mistake, but the response was basically that it wasn't worth the effort and paperwork to correct it, so, to this day, she celebrates both as her "birthdays;" has huge parties for both and everything. She's a lesbian, and I got to attend one of her birthday bashes last year; she and her wife have some... interesting friends. Apparently, I'd kill it as a gay man.

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
My girlfriend's friend is in a similar situation. She was born on the 20th of the month, but her military papers listed her as being born on the 2nd. She tried to alert them to the mistake, but the response was basically that it wasn't worth the effort and paperwork to correct it, so, to this day, she celebrates both as her "birthdays;" has huge parties for both and everything. She's a lesbian, and I got to attend one of her birthday bashes last year; she and her wife have some... interesting friends. Apparently, I'd kill it as a gay man.
Cool, yeah correcting it is a huge pain in the ass, not gonna lie in my case it's worth fixing since I apparently used the other one for my first long-term job (4 years) rather than the one I'm using now, so this affects my credit line for the purposes of buying property or vehicles, but if I had used the same one all the way through it wouldn't be worth correcting at all as it would have no impact on my life at all and would be just like a fun fact.

As for you, eh that's fine if you wish you could just ask you're girlfriend if she'd be ok with you having a boyfriend too.

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
...okay, are we totally sure that this year isn't the one the Mayans were talking about that everyone got worked up over in 2012?

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
...okay, are we totally sure that this year isn't the one the Mayans were talking about that everyone got worked up over in 2012?
There might have been a calculation error that my ancestors didn't account for.
Full disclosure, as far as I'm aware I have no Mayan blood, the only native blood that I have that's been confirmed is Aztec.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
2012 is just where the Mayan calendar ends. They couldn't get any further cuz the civilization was gone by that point.

Just when you think people couldn't get any dumber over superfluous stuff. Pat and Woolie talk about it in the video.

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
If we perceive reality through faulty senses which are then stored in a faulty brain generating faulty memories that get altered as time goes on, can we ever really know what even is real?

Last edited:
Reactions: SupahEwok

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
If we perceive reality through faulty sense which are then stored in a faulty brain generating faulty memories that get altered as time goes on, can we ever really know what even is real?
I see you there with your hypno-cat shenanigans. Don't think I'm not on to you.