Shower Thoughts MK2

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Hares are bigger, with larger ears and faster (I think), plus rabbits live in warrens/holes and hares build nests above ground. Hares also haven't been domesticated.

(Brought to you by a brief Wiki visit)

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Its incredibly annoying that just because I think Captain Marvel is one of the worst movies in the MCU, I have to constantly be hounded on the internet by man-children YouTubers (or just whole ass "nerd" websites) who think Brie Larson is worse than Hitler.

Same goes for any politically charged series, the new Star Wars trilogy, Legend of Korra, etc. Can I not just dislike things based on them being shit???

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Hares are bigger, with larger ears and faster (I think), plus rabbits live in warrens/holes and hares build nests above ground. Hares also haven't been domesticated.

(Brought to you by a brief Wiki visit)
I also smile and laugh somewhat maniacally when I think about Watership Down-

- and how young I was when I read it and how young so many other have and will be when they read it too. Mwahahahahahaha! (Note: AHA! I think I get it now! If you post from a website at least, the length of the website's address for the image adds to your word count! That's why some images cause more problems than others, I think!)

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
How the hell do people find the time to post here? I spent the past few hours trying to post that fucking mess in the other thread just now, and maybe it's because my job demands physical labor from me, but still, it's exhausting.

Also, if any users here own, or know someone who owns a Ford/Lincoln, please, as the mechanic here, please get new lug nuts to replace your OEM lug nuts with some aftermarket ones. Some fuck face at Ford somehow got a job as an engineer without seeming to understand simple physics such as "metal expands when hot" and "different metals have different expansion rates". To clarify my rant, standard Ford wheel lug nuts are a two piece design, which is a steel lug capped with aluminum where the socket goes over for installation/removal of the nut. As you drive along, the lugs heat up from the friction of holding the wheels on the car as you go, so what happens is that the cap of the lug expands faster and more than the steel lug it sits on top of, which results in, after enough mileage and removing/installing the lugs, with the cap becoming rounded. At this point, the only way to get the correct socket on the remove the lug is with the gentle application of a fucking sledge hammer.

EDIT: Words, also OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer (the actual car company)

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
How the hell do people find the time to post here? I spent the past few hours trying to post that fucking mess in the other thread just now, and maybe it's because my job demands physical labor from me, but still, it's exhausting.

Also, if any users here own, or know someone who owns a Ford/Lincoln, please, as the mechanic here, please get new lug nuts to replace your OEM lug nuts with some aftermarket ones. Some fuck face at Ford somehow got a job as an engineer without seeming to understand simple physics such as "metal expands when hot" and "different metals have different expansion rates". To clarify my rant, standard Ford wheel lug nuts are a two piece design, which is a steel lug capped with aluminum where the socket goes over for installation/removal of the nut. As you drive along, the lugs heat up from the friction of holding the wheels on the car as you go, so what happens is that the cap of the lug expands faster and more than the steel lug it sits on top of, which results in, after enough mileage and removing/installing the lugs, with the cap becoming rounded. At this point, the only way to get the correct socket on the remove the lug is with the gentle application of a fucking sledge hammer.

EDIT: Words, also OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer (the actual car company)
I am one of those hyper people who ALWAYS has to be doing more than one thing at a time to keep anxiety and stress at bay. That is how I actually " relax and keep calm". You know the type.. I am that person who always plays Tetris at the fastest speed. Pretty much always bouncing around like a human super ball.. or like my sweety says " You wear me out just watching you.. you are all over the place doing dozens of things at once" and my friend keeps telling me he is convinced I am a synth and that I only bleed from all the humans I killed too fast for anyone to notice I was gone. People pretty much take cocaine just to be like I am normally. XD

I have multiple devices and while I am working and doing other things, I post on here, have other games open and am usually thinking of the next thing I need to do after while doing other things. Those who say that there is no such thing as multitasking do not know what they are talking about. It is my lifeblood.

Last edited:

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
I am one of those hyper people who ALWAYS has to be doing more than one thing at a time to keep anxiety and stress at bay. That is how I actually " relax and keep calm". You know the type.. I am that person who always plays Tetris at the fastest speed. Pretty much always bouncing around like a human super ball.. or like my sweety says " You wear me out just watching you.. you are all over the place doing dozens of things at once" and my friend keeps telling me he is convinced I am a synth and that I only bleed from all the humans I killed too fast for anyone to notice I was gone. People pretty much people take cocaine just to be like I am normally. XD

I have multiple devices and while I am working and doing other things, I post on here, have other games open and am usually thinking of the next thing I need to do after while doing other things. Those who say that there is no such thing as multitasking do not know what they are talking about. It is my lifeblood.
Yeah, I think my complaint is just that my job prevents me from sitting down all day for I'm a bit of a lazy person at heart.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Yeah, I think my complaint is just that my job prevents me from sitting down all day for I'm a bit of a lazy person at heart.
I get it, when I used to work a physical job I was about the same.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
My posting on here has gone way the hell down since I started a physical labor job and aren't sitting at my computer all day anymore. I imagine most active posters here just have the Escapist open in a tab while working at a station.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I can't sit down more than a few min at a time, it makes me stir crazy..When I am down after recovering from surgery or when really sick, it makes me nuts when I can't get up and move around. I do everything while walking around for the most part. But if your a mechanic, you can't really be using touch screen or carrying around your tablet or phone when working on cars with mechanic hands before getting the goop so I would imagine that would be a lot more difficult to do.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
My posting on here has gone way the hell down since I started a physical labor job and aren't sitting at my computer all day anymore. I imagine most active posters here just have the Escapist open in a tab while working at a station.
I just have a tablet or a phone while walking around doing other things, but since most of what I do doesn't get my hands all grimy, it is easier to do.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I just have a tablet or a phone while walking around doing other things, but since most of what I do doesn't get my hands all grimy, it is easier to do.
It's not so much hands getting grimy as it slows you way down to type while wearing heavy duty work gloves. And also needing to be generally alert when standing in a street holding a rod with traffic flashing by on either side of you. And also needing to conserve phone battery through a 10 hour workday outside without a wall port to plug in a charger.

But I'm not really grouching about it, it's better to be out doing stuff than waiting on forum responses in endlessly circular arguments.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
It's not so much hands getting grimy as it slows you way down to type while wearing heavy duty work gloves. And also needing to be generally alert when standing in a street holding a rod with traffic flashing by on either side of you. And also needing to conserve phone battery through a 10 hour workday outside without a wall port to plug in a charger.

But I'm not really grouching about it, it's better to be out doing stuff than waiting on forum responses in endlessly circular arguments.
Yea.. I can imagine that wouldn't exactly be the safest thing to do when you need to be extra alert to the traffic whizzing by. You hear about those people walking in front of buses and such while watching a you tube video and I could imagine with your job that would be so much worse. LOL

What is funny though when I am out shopping, or in public, I don't even like to take my phone at all and instead engage with my present surroundings. I am just like this while working and around the house.

Last edited:

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Yea.. I can imagine that wouldn't exactly be the safest thing to do when you need to be extra alert to the traffic whizzing by.
To be fair I'm not sure if it would make a difference, if someone is recklessly driving into me I'm probably gonna be splat regardless of if I see it xD

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I've been thinking a lot about how a lot of users seemed to think I was a girl back in the old days, like I know tippy2k2 definitely did as when he played X-Com he made the soldier that was me a girl, like Epyc Wynn thought so at first, my friend thesilentman thought so too and my other friend Nantucket went so far as to say I was her wife, and even back when I played WoW I remember that it was a very popular rumour in the guild that I was a girl pretending to be guy, and while the confusion doesn't really bother me, I mean it did when I was a teen I would get angry when people said that, but I stopped caring a long time ago.

Anyway the point is that this makes me wonder, what is a feminine or masculine personality?
Or do they like mean that specifically the words I select are girly?

I don't know I don't think I get it at all, like I get that I'm not necessarily straight & arguably not even cis since some people think I'm genderfluid (Whatever that is), but it just seems really weird.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
AHHHH! D:
Gumby was great. Loved watching that as a kid.

I've been thinking a lot about how a lot of users seemed to think I was a girl back in the old days, like I know tippy2k2 definitely did as when he played X-Com he made the soldier that was me a girl, like Epyc Wynn thought so at first, my friend thesilentman thought so too and my other friend Nantucket went so far as to say I was her wife, and even back when I played WoW I remember that it was a very popular rumour in the guild that I was a girl pretending to be guy, and while the confusion doesn't really bother me, I mean it did when I was a teen I would get angry when people said that, but I stopped caring a long time ago.

Anyway the point is that this makes me wonder, what is a feminine or masculine personality?

I don't know I don't think I get it at all, like I get that I'm not necessarily straight & arguably not even cis since some people think I'm genderfluid (Whatever that is), but it just seems really weird.
As far as I've seen of your postings, you don't seem to be stereotypically feminine or masculine. Maybe that's the point though? Since you don't have anything that indicates anything in particular people would just unconsciously associate your avatar to be your gender? I've never been good at understanding this kind of thing.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐

I have never gotten that from you, likely avatar and name? Your name here would be seen as feminine as it is actually a girls name.

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
It's a pretty cool feeling when you go out and buy a random CD and then as you're playing it, "that" song comes on, the one you've heard a ton of before and quite liked but never knew the name/artist of comes on. Had that happen twice this month, first when I bought You've Come Along Way Baby by Fatboy Slim (mainly for Right Here, Right Now and Praise You) and then the second song comes on and its the fucking Rockafeller Skank, man that was fun. Then I picked up Magic Potion by The Black Keys as I haven't heard it before and (I just realized this as I'm typing it now) the second song turns out to be Your Touch (I believe I've heard it in a movie...Zombieland maybe?).

EDIT: Shit, almost forgot, throw my hat into the "loved watching Gumby as a kid" camp (though to be honest I remember him when he was green).

EDIT PART 2, ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Also, if it wasn't for my awesome dog currently being my avatar, that GIF makes an awfully strong contender for a new one.

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
As far as I've seen of your postings, you don't seem to be stereotypically feminine or masculine. Maybe that's the point though? Since you don't have anything that indicates anything in particular people would just unconsciously associate your avatar to be your gender? I've never been good at understanding this kind of thing.
I don't know back in the day I used to have Link as an Avatar most of the time, so I don't know if he's specifically a character that girls like, I know that my friends liked to joke that I had a crush on Link, so like maybe that could've been a factor? But like someone would've needed to be one of my friends to be familiar with that gag and most people weren't.
I didn't have a crush on Link BTW, I just liked the Zelda games a lot, like back then I used to know everything there was to know about it.
I have never gotten that from you, likely avatar and name? Your name here would be seen as feminine as it is actually a girls name.
Again Avatar used to be Link specifically, name also used to be different & I don't think as girly, though I guess most people called me Kale which while a plant I guess it sounds more feminine than masculine?

The new name thing was deliberate though, since it's been happening for a while I just decided to embrace it, went with Kae since it's phonetically the same as the letter K, which is the name of characters like K from King of Fighters & K AKA Joe from Blade Runner 2049 which are both fairly masculine but at the same time a girl's name, it's like basically an in-joke for myself only, I don't think other people would understand it unless I explained it, it also has to do with other stuff that I don't really want to get into.

Thinking back on it I guess I can think about a few things that might have given that idea, I guess back then I was pretty disgusted by the idea of sex, which like might have been seen as "innocent" or "pure" which I guess are traits more commonly associated with femininity, like I'd often check out or deliberately try to change the subject when that stuff came up, other stuff might have been the fact that I would often complain about unwanted romantic advances which again I think it's a problem that most people associate with women even if it's not exclusive to them and like other small stuff like that, I guess for all of these things it would require some level of familiarity with me.

That's like all I can think about, but even so, I think it's kinda weird that people decide to assign a gender to personality traits, like what makes something feminine or masculine doesn't make much sense to myself in general, but much less so with just personality traits.

Anyways I feel like continuing this discussion gets dangerously close to identity politics so I guess I'll stop as not to derail the thread, but that was genuinely what I thought in the shower, like it was a legit shower thought, I also feel I must clarify that it doesn't bother me at all, I've been joking about it for years but it's more that it perplexes me and I just don't understand it.