Status
Not open for further replies.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
You need more context than "dance competitions" before you can draw the line between what sort of outfit isn't acceptable for a dance competition?
I don't believe you.
Yea, see you don't want to answer any of the questions yet expect me to. The burden is on the accuser to prove such outfit is lewd in the first place. That has not been done.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
A single Music video from the past? You are keeping in mind that my grandparents actually danced like this right?

Yes, I actually took dance, and know how to tango. It still has nothing to do with intercourse. The idea that everything is tied to sexual intercourse is what I find to be absurd and an overreaction. It is like the " sex police" have gone overboard. I mean in swing dance, girls have even wrapped their legs around a man's face but that still doesn't mean it is about intercourse. I see the idea of associating everything with sex and that some how being bad as a result of religious influence on modesty and morality and then projecting those beliefs onto everyone/ everything else, rather than it actually being associated at all. It is like saying we should ban eggplants because someone associated them as being sexual. I see this as being just as ridiculous.

I wasn't " raised" being ignorant of sex. We were told the truth from the beginning and the only time I had Christian projected modesty and body policing imposed upon me while growing up was from the church religious abuse school. This entire idea if a religious invention and being projected onto everyone else. The whole " feel shame of your body" being imposed upon kids is wrong. Kids really do not need their heads screwed up in such ways. Kids, too are capable of understanding and differentiating between sex and dance as well. When I was a kid we did many of the same moves these girls do now in dance, however, it was never about sex then and I am not seeing how it is now. That entire association is a projection. The dance " looking sexy" is not about the dance it is about the thoughts of the viewer. When I bend over to pick up a pencil off the floor, guys think that is sexy too, that does not mean me bending over has anything to do with sex at all either. It really is no different.

Oh and my choice of music is heavy metal, which has produced some of the more raunchy music videos..Hell in high school I did a music video for theater arts as well and we had a huge staged " girl " cat fight" in the video that involved boob punches and pulling a girls dress over her head and in another part of the video we made a human "ball "of both males and females interlocked rolling down a hill with my legs wrapped around a guys face and none of that was sexual either.. We received an excellent grade on that project and our teacher commented on our great use of stage combat techniques.
Yeah I specifically mentioned traditional dances. Ones who’s cultural custodians - like your grandparents - have not allowed to removed from its broader context with the Hopi culture. A grip I assume you and yours will not relinquish until the cold death of the sun. An endeavour I hope you’re successful in, by the way.

I just don’t have the same feelings about modern popular dance. It’s just like a void of meaning other than being as outrageously and overtly sexual as possible.

Also, Iron Maiden or Judas Priest? Choose wisely.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Yea, see you don't want to answer any of the questions yet expect me to.
That's my line.

If you are asked a question, ignore it, and then ask questions of your own, you don't get to say "Hey! You don't get to ignore my questions while demanding that I answer yours!"

I asked first, you see.
The rule of common courtesy is that questions get answered in the order that they are asked.
You don't get to ignore your interlocutor's question, ask several of your own, and then accuse them of hypocrisy when they press you for an answer to the original question.
They ask. You answer. Then you ask, and they answer.

How about this, you answer my question (that I asked first), and then I'll go back and answer all of yours. Sound fair?

Yeah that's what I thought.

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
The current discussion (the last few posts) reminded me of the scene below from 1994's "The Professional." An innocent game of charades gets awkward when 12-year-old Matilda dresses up as Marilyn Monroe and sings the infamous birthday song in the same, sensually charged manner Monroe did when she performed it for Kennedy. The scene is awkward because a child imitating a seductress should be awkward, and it shows in Leon's discomfort.

You can recognize inappropriate sexual behavior from a child without feeling sexual urges for the child.

Man, Jean Reno looks ready to bolt for the fucking door in that scene.

EDIT: Fucking hell I spelt his name wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
We do have an interesting question though. If we didn't have so much stigma against sex, would any of this be an issue?
Personally, the issue for me isn't any cultural stigma regarding sex; it's the sexualization of innocent, minor children in a world where pedophilia and sex trafficking are real, constant and growing problems. On one hand we want to tell young children to explore themselves and figure out who they are or who they want to be, but then on the other, we want to guard them against the worst of society in perverts, creeps and criminals; unfortunately, it's when those hands clap that the waters get muddy and personal convictions are steeled because it's dangerous territory.

LMAO!
Here is the same girl years later, this may be easier for you to watch:

The thing is, if people had stifled her creativity as an artist along the way, she wouldn't be who she is now. She luckily didn't have parents telling how she could express herself through dance. She was able to design her own outfits, her own routines and defined who she was herself. She is really an amazing artist.

Oh and this dancing wasn't sexual either as these guys are just best friends, nothing sexual involved here either.

I bet though some guy is going to scream, DUDE she literally had a guy between her legs. LOL
See, I'm fine with that; it was a tasteful display of her talent. The first video was just tasteLESS. She may have created the routine, but she didn't invent the moves in them which she likely saw being performed by grown women who were well aware of their sexually charged implication, and that's what I'm not okay with.

This is not a challenge; it's an honest question: how would you feel about a 10-year-old girl dancing like a stripper? Scantily clad whilst swirling and grinding on a pole, perfectly imitating moves used by professionals who do them specifically to be sexually enticing?

Man, John Reno looks ready to bolt for the fucking door in that scene.
Exactly, it's the perfect encapsulation of the heart of this discussion.

MetalHead

May 4, 2020
Country
US
You said "Then take the pedos and string them up by the balls."
And then I said "For what?"
And then you replied with the above.

So there's nothing wrong with taking photos of nude girls dancing (according to you), and yet people need to be punished for watching nude girls dancing. This is contradictory.

Either it's fine, and there's nothing wrong with it, or it's a crime and people need to be punished for it. It can't be both.
just playing your game. I find nothing wrong with this show other than it sucks. You obviously view 10 year old girls as sexual objects. That's for you to work out.

Reactions: lil devils x

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I find nothing wrong with this show other than it sucks.
So there's nothing wrong with taking recordings of nude girls dancing, and nobody should be punished for viewing these, because there's nothing sexual about it?
OR
There is something wrong with taking recordings of nude girls dancing, and the people that do so should be punished because there's something sexual about it?

Which is it? Both can't be true.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Personally, the issue for me isn't any cultural stigma regarding sex; it's the sexualization of innocent, minor children in a world where pedophilia and sex trafficking are real, constant and growing problems. On one hand we want to tell young children to explore themselves and figure out who they are or who they want to be, but then on the other, we want to guard them against the worst of society in perverts, creeps and criminals; unfortunately, it's when those hands clap that the waters get muddy and personal convictions are steeled because it's dangerous territory.
Yeah that really is the issue isn't it. Its not so much children doing something wrong, its that we worry that assholes will be tempted by it. It would be better if we could get the assholes to not do asshole things but getting men to even acknowledge they need to change can be hard and lets face it, it does mainly come down to men being the problem here with this kinda thing. Remember those shaving ads a year or 2 ago about men telling other men not to be douches to women and such? Remember the backlash those got from the right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Xprimentyl

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐

See, I'm fine with that; it was a tasteful display of her talent. The first video was just tasteLESS. She may have created the routine, but she didn't invent the moves in them which she likely saw being performed by grown women who were well aware of their sexually charged implication, and that's what I'm not okay with.

This is not a challenge; it's an honest question: how would you feel about a 10-year-old girl dancing like a stripper? Scantily clad whilst swirling and grinding on a pole, perfectly imitating moves used by professionals who do them specifically to be sexually enticing?

Exactly, it's the perfect encapsulation of the heart of this discussion.
That is just it though sex trafficking isn't even remotely related to hip hop dancing. Predators do not even target girls like this in the first place. From the data they have gathered from actual incarcerated predators, they look for shy, modestly dressed women and girls, not the confident hip hop dancers. The entire relation is a construct of the imagination, not even based in fact. Human traffickers are trafficking kids in foster care, usually in these strict, Christian homes. Connecting them at all is not based in fact at all.

Her first video was also fine and each of her dances have showcased her skills as a dancer. She actually was professionally trained and taught the moves through her dance school, because whether or not you or anyone else approves, these are legitimately taught in dance schools now as well. Tbh the disapproval to me is really not much different than when the churches were in an uproar over swing dancing. Sort of like the looks on the audiences faces after this:

They just aren't ready for this yet. LOL

You mean pole dancing like this with the kids running across the stage? XD

This might break your eyes/ ears.. everything but as kids we did pole dancing on the playground at school on the tetherball pole quite often. At home we liked to use the T-bar swing set for exactly that. LMAO!

I am guessing you didn't know this was a thing:

I am not seeing how it is any different than my other gymnastics and dance classes. I think they have competitions for this too now on the beach as a sport.. I am not seeing this as being any different than other acrobatics like trapeze for example.

Last edited:

MetalHead

May 4, 2020
Country
US
So there's nothing wrong with taking recordings of nude girls dancing, and nobody should be punished for viewing these, because there's nothing sexual about it?
OR
There is something wrong with taking recordings of nude girls dancing, and the people that do so should be punished because there's something sexual about it?

idk......how many times did you jerk off while watching this movie?

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
OR

Is that universally or subjectively true?

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Yeah I specifically mentioned traditional dances. Ones who’s cultural custodians - like your grandparents - have not allowed to removed from its broader context with the Hopi culture. A grip I assume you and yours will not relinquish until the cold death of the sun. An endeavour I hope you’re successful in, by the way.

I just don’t have the same feelings about modern popular dance. It’s just like a void of meaning other than being as outrageously and overtly sexual as possible.

Also, Iron Maiden or Judas Priest? Choose wisely.
That is a difficult choice, however. I am going to have to go with Iron Maiden simply because I can never forgive Judas Priest for Turbo Lover. Though I usually like my metal faster.. harder than either most the time. I was always more of a slayer girl.. Thrash metal/ speed metal, death metal. Though I also like some metal punk and others. I just don't really like slow music at all though, metal or otherwise.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
That is just it though sex trafficking isn't even remotely related to hip hop dancing. Predators do not even target girls like this in the first place. From the data they have gathered from actual incarcerated predators, they look for shy, modestly dressed women and girls, not the confident hip hop dancers. The entire relation is a construct of the imagination, not even based in fact. Human traffickers are trafficking kids in foster care, usually in these strict, Christian homes. Connecting them at all is not based in fact at all.
Have you seen the women who work in strip clubs? And have you seen the average woman men actually tend to land? There's fantasy and then there's reality; I connect the suggestive dancing to sex trafficking because the suggestive dancing could serve as an outlet for the pervs who ultimately prey on the closeted types to fetishize their abhorrent tendencies, i.e.: there are those out there that like diddling kids, and we're supposed to be ok putting "sexy children" on display? (And now, I'm probably on some sort of watch list for typing "sexy children" twice.)

I am guessing you didn't know this was a thing:
No, I didn't know this was a thing, now I'm wondering why it's a thing. Ugh... (no, I didn't watch the video; the still image was enough.)

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Have you seen the women who work in strip clubs? And have you seen the average woman men actually tend to land? There's fantasy and then there's reality; I connect the suggestive dancing to sex trafficking because the suggestive dancing could serve as an outlet for the pervs who ultimately prey on the closeted types to fetishize their abhorrent tendencies, i.e.: there are those out there that like diddling kids, and we're supposed to be ok putting "sexy children" on display? (And now, I'm probably on some sort of watch list for typing "sexy children" twice.)

No, I didn't know this was a thing, now I'm wondering why it's a thing. Ugh... (no, I didn't watch the video; the still image was enough.)
It really is no different than other acrobatics. I was in gymnastics televised events as well, I was captain of my gymnastics team in high school when we went to state.. so I am not seeing that as being" sexy" at all is the issue. I don't connect it to sex at all tbh.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Much longer than that. It started with ankles...

I think that "modest" is further away from the line than "skimpy" is, and I grow increasingly concerned in direct proportion to how close we get to that line.
I don't need to equate in order to recognize the need for caution as we approach that line.

Why don't you take the same challenge I gave to lil and MetalHead. Where would you draw the line between "acceptable" outfits and "unacceptable" outfits? Maybe then you'll begin to see my point. Are you okay with your daughter wearing just pasties? After all, skimpy isn't sexual, right?
Sticker aren't clothes, so I say pasties are out

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Sticker aren't clothes, so I say pasties are out
They can be though, some of the costumes use them and they can be quite large, larger than some swimsuits cover.

seashell pasties
For one costume they had made pasties that were huge shells similar to this out of felt I think but they touched in the middle so there was no gap, but they stayed in place so much better than trying to use net or ties if you stick them in place so that when you do flips and cartwheels, they don't move like they do with net and string.. These actually covered more.

When you look at Ariel's top, if you are going to be moving around that much you really want to make sure they are stuck in place or it could turn bad fast. LOL

Last edited:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
OR

There's a whole lot of non-consent going on here. Consent isn't just about sex, it's about all work / contracts

For this to be a thing. 1. The girl has to consent. And 2. Underage children have to have parents consent. Even then, I would have some sort of child safety department checking that this isn't exploitation. Like the girls in Cuties had go through a process before any of this was okayed

You're only allowed to take videos of performances where the performers give consent.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
They can be though, some of the costumes use them and they can be quite large, larger than some swimsuits cover.

seashell pasties
For one costume they had made pasties that were huge shells similar to this out of felt I think but they touched in the middle so there was no gap, but they stayed in place so much better than trying to use net or ties if you stick them in place so that when you do flips and cartwheels, they don't move like they do with net and string.. These actually covered more.
It's not the size that's the problem. It's that they are stickers

Maybe I just need to use them to understand

Status
Not open for further replies.