Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
kek Cubans have been swimming to the US ever since! Is that why they are great sportsmen and represent the US?
Do you think there's any chance Virginia flips red?
Ah yes, Cuba a country that used to be run by the mafia now run by communists. But hey at least the communist want to give people healthcare, and education even if they are dicks about coercion.

I never get the property-owning Cubans who come to America, communism is bad because it makes people poor, but let's keep the Cuban people poor because I exploited them, and they took my capitol away.

If Biden loses Florida because of those people, then it will be a microcosm of the greed of the rich that is universal in every society.

And to those refugees who fled Cuba, I understand that secret police are bad, but an Ayn Rand utopia is also fucked up too.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
This is fucking hilarious. Such a botched election. If they had courted Latinos fucking at all they’d have clean enough leads in multiple states they’re losing that the mail-in ballot issue wouldn’t matter. They’d still be ahead in fucking Texas. These absolute fools!

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
This is fucking hilarious. Such a botched election. If they had courted Latinos fucking at all they’d have clean enough leads in multiple states they’re losing that the mail-in ballot issue wouldn’t matter. They’d still be ahead in fucking Texas. These absolute fools!
If only there were a candidate who was massively popular with latinos who ran during the primary...

🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
My prediction remains the same even after all the states that have been called for Trump.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
On the ground in PA: seems like turnout was massive, but voting went shockingly smooth. This is my experience, that of friends in other counties, and what's being reported on the local radio.

I'm not gonna predict a winner at this point, or expect to know for potentially the rest of this week, but I'm going to sleep now comfortable in the idea that the Democrats are very unlikely to win a Senate majority at this point, in which case I'm plenty comfortable with either candidate winning. Even the seats the Democrats did flip, they did so with people like Hickenlooper, which is a win for reasonable politics.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
So far... but the talking heads are still worried about Trump.
1604465850510.png

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
The problem is that Trump is ahead in every single swing state, and that's exactly what the scenario he said he's deploy his lawyers to stop the post-election day vote.
Yes, George Stephanopoulos just said that nothing has flipped yet (Arizona likely to do so but that by itself will not be enough). EDIT: They are saying Ohio is his and he had to get it.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I just wasted a vote, Trump win called for my state of Ohio.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Around 4 years ago I was in a jeep, slowly climbing up a mountain road when my friend who had access to the internet on his phone claimed that Trump won, and not a single of us believed him. Time sure flies by fast.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I just wasted a vote, Trump win called for my state of Ohio.
No vote is wasted. Your vote sends a message to both parties.
ITMT: Tucker says Sanders would have won this easily. That is where the party energy, its base is.

A Fox news exit poll shows about 75/25 want a government run health care system. What if Biden had insisted he would create one, rather than nationalized Romney care, which is what the ACA is?

This isn't Trump's yet but they're worried about it. Would Sanders and single payer have won the day easily rather than what we're seeing now?

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
So apparently to join the list of the greatest anime betrayals Georgia seems to be going Biden. Everyone thought it was going to be an easy win for Trump but now it's being called 63% Biden winning that state.

Edit: I don't mean Biden is going to win that state but he has a strong chance to win it now

Reactions: gorfias
Status
Not open for further replies.