Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
I am, and it looks rather like Trump unless the remaining districts swing HUGELY Democratic.
I think that Biden is still the favorite, mathematically, to win.

My gut says so

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
So apparently to join the list of the greatest anime betrayals Georgia seems to be going Biden. Everyone thought it was going to be an easy win for Trump but now it's being called 63% Biden winning that state.

Edit: I don't mean Biden is going to win that state but he has a strong chance to win it now
The latest update I saw says Trump is up 53% - 45% with 90% of the vote reporting

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I am, and it looks rather like Trump unless the remaining districts swing HUGELY Democratic.
As I understand it the mail in votes in the rust belt aren't being accounted for yet, which may swing them.

And they better because last I checked Trump is stomping up there.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
The latest update I saw says Trump is up 53% - 45% with 90% of the vote reporting
I'm guessing he's going off the NY Times. Looks like Fulton and Dekalb counties are where the Biden votes would possibly be coming from; they're large, Biden-favoring, and still have a significant portion of votes not reported yet.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
They do. Due to the unexpected turnout and the bias toward mail-in for Dems in cities, you’ll find that whatever the remaining votes are on the state, the percent is double that for the Biden led counties. For example, Biden probably has Wisconsin locked despite all appearances, and Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, where Biden is current at double Trump, both at a third or less reported.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Florida for Trump...
This was a given. Florida is not a swing state, it is a reliably light red state trending redder. Also the Florida Dems think the way to win votes is to call everyone Castro.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Didn't realize this till I just read it from some ABC reporter's tweet:

For Wisconsin, the results of absentee ballots will not be reported until all absentee ballots are counted. It's going to essentially be a big influx at once when they finish and is likely to favor Biden.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Didn't realize this till I just read it:

For Wisconsin, the results of absentee ballots will not be reported until all absentee ballots are counted. It's going to essentially be a big influx at once when they finish.
Yeah, that’s why it’s probably locked for Biden.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So, from where I'm sitting, Trump looks set to win. All of the remaining states seem to be polling towards him. The only way I could see this turning around is if mail-in ballots swing the job.

Tell me if I'm wrong or not.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
So, from where I'm sitting, Trump looks set to win. All of the remaining states seem to be polling towards him. The only way I could see this turning around is if mail-in ballots swing the job.

Tell me if I'm wrong or not.
As Revnak said above, your second sentence really is the key here. Another is that democratic counties often contain a much larger number of voters than republican counties; results can oftentimes be returned slower due to more votes to count.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
If my maffs and predictions are correct, Biden's path to victory is either:

A) Flip Georgia and win either Pennsylvania or Michigan
B) Without Georgia he has to win Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, no exceptions.

This is all presuming Arizona goes to him and it's looking pretty safe for him so far.

EDIT: Maffs were incorrect :V
Without Georgia he needs to win both Pennsylvania and Michigan instead. Either way, Wisconsin isn't important to Biden.

EDIT 2: I don't know if I accounted for Nevada, scratch all this maff, I probably shouldn't be doing it this late anyway.

Last edited:

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
This isn't Trump's yet but they're worried about it. Would Sanders and single payer have won the day easily rather than what we're seeing now?
All other relevant variables being equal, yes. But all other relevant variables wouldn't be equal. Bernie would have had to deal with a lot of resistance from the media, sabotage by his own party establishment, so many hostile SuperPAC ads, and general derangement from various politicos. I think he could still win, and it would be a win worth fighting for unlike this bullshit.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
All other relevant variables being equal, yes. But all other relevant variables wouldn't be equal. Bernie would have had to deal with a lot of resistance from the media, sabotage by his own party establishment, so many hostile SuperPAC ads, and general derangement from various politicos. I think he could still win, and it would be a win worth fighting for unlike this bullshit.
Well, he’d be doing better than like 60% with Latinos. That’s a pretty new thing.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
If my maffs and predictions are correct, Biden's path to victory is either:

A) Flip Georgia and win either Pennsylvania or Michigan
B) Without Georgia he has to win Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, no exceptions.

This is all presuming Arizona goes to him and it's looking pretty safe for him so far.

EDIT: Maffs were incorrect :V
Without Georgia he needs to win both Pennsylvania and Michigan instead. Either way, Wisconsin isn't important to Biden.
There's actually one path where Biden can miss Pennsylvania and George but still win. Biden needs to win Maine overall and either both Maine districts or one Maine + one Nebraska district. That'll get him to exactly 270.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Well, he’d be doing better than like 60% with Latinos. That’s a pretty new thing.
I'm just gonna say it.

Just like how the Democratic party needs to figure out black people exist in this country who aren't conservative Christians from the South, they need to figure out latinos exist in this country who aren't conservative Cubans from Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.