Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Michigan and Wisconsin are now declared Biden. Holy shit this is coming down to the wire, Arizona Nevada and Pennsylvania are huge toss up
I'm prepared to bet that Biden will get Arizona and Nevada. Not sure about Penn though. Even with ballot voting, Trump still has a noticable lead.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Michigan and Wisconsin are now declared Biden. Holy shit this is coming down to the wire, Arizona Nevada and Pennsylvania are huge toss up
...and Georgia and NC.
Oh fuck, hey, Gary Peters is 1000 votes ahead in Michigan they’re absolutely doing a recount and are gonna steal it.
Edit: an explanation. If a stronger senate majority is at stake, Republican donors and insiders will be much more willing to throw their lot in with Trump and have the Supreme Court decide the election.

Last edited:

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Just wanna say, if Trump wins PA, NC, and GA, Biden with Nevada wins the election literally by a single electoral vote.

In such a case, I propose we blame Nebraska for anything bad that happens in the next four years.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Another 70,000 votes counted in PA, and Trump's lead shrinks 30k. That's a 5:2 vote distribution, which is good news for Biden.

Yes, congratulations to Wisconsin for having more people vote in 2020 than were registered to vote in 2018.
Based on Snopes

According to the Wisconsin Election Commission, the “State of Wisconsin had 3,684,726 active registered voters on November 1, 2020.” It’s unclear where the “3,239,920” number shown in the above-displayed tweet comes from. As of this writing, The New York Times reports that a total of “3,296,836” votes have been cast in Wisconsin. In either case, the number of votes counted does not exceed the number of registered voters.

Based on the BBCs present numbers for the count.

It would seem like 3,311,655. people will have actually voted so that would be somewhat more realistic possibly. So yeh the voter numbers would be off you're right.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Nevada looks to be the main decider BBC has 7,800 votes in it with ~190,000 votes left to count.

This if no other state flips and it comes down to Nevada it's going to see recounts.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Nevada looks to be the main decider BBC has 7,800 votes in it with ~190,000 votes left to count.

This if no other state flips and it comes down to Nevada it's going to see recounts.
Ah, well. Nevada has 6 electoral college votes, and if it sticks Democrat would put Joe Biden (plus WI and Michigan) on 270. Which means a tie is possible.

That would, if I remember rightly, probably result in a Biden-Pence presidency.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Ah, well. Nevada has 6 electoral college votes, and if it sticks Democrat would put Joe Biden (plus WI and Michigan) on 270. Which means a tie is possible.

A tie goes to the state representatives and there are 26 Republicans and 24 Democrats

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
By the map I'm looking at, all Biden needs to do now is win Nevada and he'll have won.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
If it’s a 270 end (which would be a 270-268 victory for Biden) this is why. Fuck the Dems for abandoning this kinda guy for their bullshit culture wars.
Wait I thought 269 was the tie number. The results would actually be 270/268 if Biden got 270

This is what I was saying earlier. All things hold, Biden wins by 1 electoral vote, and we blame Nebraska for everything that goes wrong.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Okay so what maps are you guys checking? I'm looking at Yahoo, MSNBC and CNN and all of them show Trump leading in the remaining swing states, some by upwards of a million votes.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I am going to have to look at exit polls, them white women...

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
So even if Biden wins, yesterday was a pretty big loss for the core dem party, that it even got to this state against Trump, and if the senate doesn't flip. But you know who won?

Reactions: MrCalavera
Status
Not open for further replies.