Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
When the best remaining senate seat for the Dems winds up being the runoff with a black minister and community organizer I pray the Dems finally fucking learn that to win in the South they need to motivate African-Americans rather than court white moderates with inoffensive white boys.
Edit: I know they’ll just “aw shucks, we ran a pervert again” and learn no lesson.
You understand Biden literally got the highest number of vote ever, like in all history? Turnout % is the highest in close to a century. Across plenty of state in the south african-american were plenty motivated to vote for Biden (did you already forget the primary were black vote is what confirmed Biden first place?). The only reason it's close is because Trump is getting the second highest number of vote ever, because his voter were also very motivated to vote. And how did they get so motivated? Fear mongering of the dreaded left, of antifa, of BLM. So you really think the solution to this is to stop running centrist and run excatly the kind of candidate that got republican leaning voter to turnout in record number?

If this election saw record low turnout you'd be very right about this, but the lesson from this election is that democrat need to do a lot more to either detoxify the left or at least do far better job to hide it.

Reactions: Tireseas

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
If Georgia turns blue can Biden then afford to lose Arizona?
yes.

However if he can't afford to lose any other stand

Biden at 243
Including the Blue leaning
Wisconsin = 10
Arizona = 11
Biden = 264

Trump at 214
including leaning
Alaska = 3
Pennsylvania = 20
North Carolina = 15
Georgia = 16
Trump = 268

Changing it round

+10
+16
=269

+3
+20
+15
+11
= 263

Nevada is then on the table for 6 which could give Biden a win or Trump the deadlock.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
You understand Biden literally got the highest number of vote ever, like in all history? Turnout % is the highest in close to a century. Across plenty of state in the south african-american were plenty motivated to vote for Biden (did you already forget the primary were black vote is what confirmed Biden first place?). The only reason it's close is because Trump is getting the second highest number of vote ever, because his voter were also very motivated to vote. And how did they get so motivated? Fear mongering of the dreaded left, of antifa, of BLM. So you really think the solution to this is to stop running centrist and run excatly the kind of candidate that got republican leaning voter to turnout in record number?

If this election saw record low turnout you'd be very right about this, but the lesson from this election is that democrat need to do a lot more to either detoxify the left or at least do far better job to hide it.
I’m talking about the senate races where every candidate trails Biden.
Edit: note, these senators are running exceptionally moderate campaigns.
Edit2: fucking, the senate campaigns they poured millions into against the absurdly toxic Lindsay Graham and McConnel? Two points higher for Amy, less than one for the guy in SC.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
They could’ve literally separated the ballots and added them to the count in chunks. Also, that is absolutely the disparity in some precincts
however in this case it was like 100,000 or so.

Maybe they did separate the votes but the claims were these were mail in so they can't have done because they're sealed

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
So apparently from what I've heard the only districts they haven't tallied votes yet in Georgia are from black communities.

If that's true Joe Biden's has this. He's extremely popular in the black community

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
So supposedly what's going on in Michigan is that they added an extra zero to the end of the count of votes and then they corrected this and it led to a big drop in votes for Biden but whoever took a screenshot of this posted them out of order or something? Whatever.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
So apparently from what I've heard the only districts they haven't tallied votes yet in Georgia are from black communities.

If that's true Joe Biden's has this. He's extremely popular in the black community
Apparently, preliminary votes may indicate that black males voted more for Trump this time. Not any swing to get close to a majority, but still

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands

Trump actually increased his support within the black community but ultimately yes, Biden easily outclasses him there and the vote shows it. I believe the black community in particular saved Biden when his primary was flopping hard.

If only district with a lot of African Americans are left then logically Biden's odds go up. But its not a certainty.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

I mean, almost all the left wing propositions went through, the DSA won a ton of their races, and moderates flopped hard across the country.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I’m gonna repeat myself, the record setting campaign to take out Lindsay Graham, a man everyone in SC hates, got only 20,000 more votes than Biden. They put in that much money into a state Biden did not even campaign in, and got an extra 20,000 votes. For all the attacks on Graham? He got 15,000 less than Trump. All that money for absolutely nothing.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I’m gonna repeat myself, the record setting campaign to take out Lindsay Graham, a man everyone in SC hates, got only 20,000 more votes than Biden. They put in that much money into a state Biden did not even campaign in, and got an extra 20,000 votes. For all the attacks on Graham? He got 15,000 less than Trump. All that money for absolutely nothing.
I mean, some people got really rich off doing nothing

Reactions: Revnak

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
At least Jaime wasn't running against a Republican Fox News said not to vote for. Oh wait...

Well at least he did better than Amy McGrath, who lost to one of the most hateable human beings in Mitch McConnell by 20 points :D

Reactions: Revnak

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Let’s look at Georgia. Let’s look at fucking Georgia, where Biden might win. They run the most Pete-ass ************ to ever live, who previously lost the most expensive run for the house in Georgia history, and he gets 100000 less votes than Biden. Did those votes go to his opponent? No. Perdue’s getting almost the exact same number of votes as Trump. They just do not have the fucking energy behind these guys, and that is absolutely the fault of the DNC, Biden, and these fucking lizards they keep shoving in our faces and yes I know he’s Jewish so that reads as anti-Semitic but I swear my issue is solely that his name is Jon with no h.
Edit: Troop in NC? If he was getting the same number of votes as Biden he would be winning.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Yes, Biden only needs one more States if he grabs Georgia but there's only 3% of the votes left
About 150,000 votes left in Georgia, with Trump 45,000 ahead.

But not so long ago, it was 250,000 votes with Trump 83,000 ahead. That was a ratio of 3:1, where Biden would need almost exactly two thirds to be level. The fact that the ratio is now greater than 3:1 means Biden is doing better than two-thirds with the remaining votes - more like 70%. Or to put it another way, if 100,000 votes were counted and Trump lost 40,000 votes worth of lead, Biden must have taken them 70-30. On this projection, of the remaining votes, Biden takes 105k and Trump 45k, meaning Biden wins Georgia by ~15,000. But that's very close, and I'd say it's a toss-up.

It's better for Biden in Pennsylvania. The ratio of votes left to Trump's lead is also going up. There again, it was about 3:1 (1.2M to count and a 400k lead). Now it's better than 4:1 with 850k to call and the Trump lead down to 200k. That trend continues, Trump's actually going to lose PA by a substantial margin of ~400,000. Although I suspect it might not be quite that big. And again, still room for a big fizzle where Trump pulls through.

Pundits think it's very implausible AZ will be overturned. There are still a lot of votes (600k?) and Biden is under 100k ahead, so Trump would need to take nearly 60% of them to win. Apparently, in AZ Trump is likely to do much better in late counted votes than he has most of everywhere else, but very few think it's going to be anything like winning 60% of them: ~50% is more plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.