Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I'm kinda resigned to Biden winning. Not sure how long they'll prop him up before elevating Kamala.
I think the election was stolen. But the crooks are the one's guarding the gates. So. Here we are.
1604680736338.png
1604680791767.png

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
At this point, it wouldn't matter if they did the recount. Donald lost too many elecotral votes, so it wouldn't matter if he did flip back a state or two.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
I'm kinda resigned to Biden winning. Not sure how long they'll prop him up before elevating Kamala.
I think the election was stolen. But the crooks are the one's guarding the gates. So. Here we are.
View attachment 1429
View attachment 1430
At this point, it wouldn't matter if they did the recount. Donald lost too many elecotral votes, so it wouldn't matter if he did flip back a state or two.
I don't want to be Donnie right now.
Also, some more:
1604607035335.jpg

Reactions: gorfias

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
A single shred of evidence?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
No, it's not true, and has already been debunked. That was a lie cooked up by a businessman.

These people lying?
Yes, I imagine that guy's either lying, or just wildly misinterpreting what he's seeing because he expects fraud and/or doesn't understand the process. Nothing he said is particularly meaningful. They emptied some boxes onto a table and there appeared to be fewer than 5 people at one of those tables? Ok, shocker.

Maybe the people blocking out the windows are actors paid by Trump.
It wouldn't particularly matter: random members of the public aren't entitled to just wander in and take photos of ballots/ ballot-readers. There are trained observers from both parties who are allowed into the room to watch the count. Blocking out the window isn't against any rules or an infringement on anything. They're not obliged to count them in plain view of random joes, and they never have been.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
No, it's not true, and has already been debunked. That was a lie cooked up by a businessman.

Yes, I imagine that guy's either lying, or just wildly misinterpreting what he's seeing because he expects fraud and/or doesn't understand the process. Nothing he said is particularly meaningful. They emptied some boxes onto a table and there appeared to be fewer than 5 people at one of those tables? Ok, shocker.

It wouldn't particularly matter: random members of the public aren't entitled to just wander in and take photos of ballots/ ballot-readers. There are trained observers from both parties who are allowed into the room to watch the count. Blocking out the window isn't against any rules or an infringement on anything. They're not obliged to count them in plain view of random joes, and they never have been.
I did find another one Politifact said is not true, don't recall what it is.
The shielding of the windows, under the circumstances, stinks. Appearances.
I'm having a very hard time believing a senile corporate whore hid in his basement, has 0 enthusiasm, but beat out a guy people would crawl over broken glass to vote for.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Is this true?
Trump and the Republicans would be all over it like the proverbial fly and faeces if it had a grain of truth, so obviously it's not true. We cannot have a situation where a party and president with hundreds of millions of dollars to throw at every court case under the sun also turns a blind eye to credible fraud.

It'll be something like the last one where someone claimed more people voted than were registered to vote... that is, registered to vote in 2018.

Claims of fraud are lying to oneself: psychological defences to to pretend that one's side hasn't lost. Fake hope that something's going to come out of the bag at the last movement to save the day. It's utterly toxic: once embedded it will be almost impossible to shift and feed years more rancour and hatred, and one more step towards the breakdown of American society and democracy.

There almost certainly will be a tiny amount of fraud. There will be errors (for instance why recounts turn out slightly different results), because people make mistakes. But when they're all added up, the total will be so small it almost certainly won't make a jot of difference.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
The shielding of the windows, under the circumstances, stinks. Appearances.
Fine, but it's not illegal. It's not fraud. And if I was a poll-worker, who'd just slaved through the night to count ten thousand ballots, I'd fucking hate a bunch of shouting conspiracy theorists with flashing cameras outside, and would be thankful as hell to have the windows covered.

The count can be observed by actual accredited reps from the parties. And it is being.

I'm having a very hard time believing a senile corporate whore hid in his basement, has 0 enthusiasm, but beat out a guy people would crawl over broken glass to vote for.
People would also crawl over broken glass to vote against that guy (who is also, of course, a senile corporate shill).

Biden doesn't inspire much enthusiasm. Trump inspires both enthusiasm and visceral dislike.

And, I suspect, after the absolute shitshow of Trump's coronavirus response, a lot of people are happy to settle for a boring but perhaps halfway competent pair of hands, rather than outright self-sabotage from the federal government.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I think the reason is that for every person prepared to crawl over broken glass for Trump, another would be prepared to crawl over broken glass to lock him away in a lead-lined box and throw it into the sea.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I think the reason is that for every person prepared to crawl over broken glass for Trump, another would be prepared to crawl over broken glass to lock him away in a lead-lined box and throw it into the sea.
Well I mean Republicans have never been a popular or populous party. They're lying when they say the majority of the people are with them - they're not. Trump for all his cocaine riddled insane rambling did say one thing true, once, that if the electoral college was gone you'd never have another Republican President.
And that's true. There are more Democrats than Republicans, full stop. Its not unbelievable Biden is winning, its unbelievable that a party of old inbred racists Klanners managed to get Trump elected. Biden winning it just the world righting itself, and just wait another 4 years for when more Republicans die from old age. Republicans are a dying breed and the world will be better when they're all gone.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
single shred of evidence for Russian collusion? Expect the same shit from the other side for 2 years if Biden is confirmed.
Well, "collusion" doesn't have a legal definition, so no. But heavy Russian involvement in the US election in favour of the Republicans, and general lawbreaking by quite a few members of Trump's government, yes, there's more than a shred. The former is recognised by all US intelligence agencies; the latter is attested by the sheer number of them in jail.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Well, "collusion" doesn't have a legal definition, so no. But heavy Russian involvement in the US election in favour of the Republicans, and general lawbreaking by quite a few members of Trump's government, yes, there's more than a shred. The former is recognised by all US intelligence agencies; the latter is attested by the sheer number of them in jail.
And don't forget Trump literally asking for Russian help. Imagine if there was a clip of Biden openly asking for Pennsylvania to rig the election for him. The Cultists would have him strung up and gutted before noon. But Trump openly asking for Russia to help him win? Well that's business as usual, and also show me ONE PIECE of evidence Trump wanted Russians to help him!

Reactions: Thaluikhain

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
And don't forget Trump literally asking for Russian help. Imagine if there was a clip of Biden openly asking for Pennsylvania to rig the election for him. The Cultists would have him strung up and gutted before noon. But Trump openly asking for Russia to help him win? Well that's business as usual, and also show me ONE PIECE of evidence Trump wanted Russians to help him!
On that note, an interesting article just popped up in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Trump's Wisconsin Campaign urging Pennsylvania Supporters to Mail Late Ballots

Status
Not open for further replies.