stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Can't believe this is actually out in one week. Well two weeks in Europe *sigh*

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
My immediate reaction is that these characters don't fit at all, because Souls peeps are supposed to look like dead, ugly flesh puppets. Then I realize how weird it is that my brain was trained to think that.

Anyway, looks very pretty, and I hope to play this in about 6 months when PS5's will be more frequently available.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Didn't read, but the pictures look good. Always found it annoying that the NPCs looked ten times more human than your own character, unless you spent two hours randomly generating faces in the bad creator.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
This just fucking looks better and better. Dude ima be fucking annoyed if Demon's Souls beats FF7REMAKE for my GOTY.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
That's great and all but don't you stick a bucket on your character in all of these games anyway?

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
First Bloodborne, now this. I could really use some PC versions in my life over here. I can't be spending money on consoles all over the place is all.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
That's great and all but don't you stick a bucket on your character in all of these games anyway?
Im willing to bet they'll have a helmet toggle button. But yeah i guess that is a fair point but people like to customize characters regardless. Souls fans are infamous for making the most fucked up looking abominations in the character creator.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
You can make black people that aren't purple or look like Mister Popo?

That's how you know Bluepoint isn't a Japanese company.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Character creators used to be my jam, but when I realized that I will never make the avatar look like me and that any avatar I make will never be better than the default, I gave up on them.

Anyway, I never played Demon's Souls so I can't comment on how the creator changed, but that detail on the armor looks great.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
By “early” do you mean “at launch” or literally beforehand?
Launch, Sony announced that they will not be selling consoles to in-store retailers. They want the launch to be online only because of Covid. Which i think is utterly bullshit.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Launch, Sony announced that they will not be selling consoles to in-store retailers. They want the launch to be online only because of Covid. Which i think is utterly bullshit.

That’s really limiting sales potential, but also legal issues from the countless people that would be camped out in dirty parking lots and fall weather, breathing on each other when they get tired of wearing masks all night.

Meanwhile we all most of us still have to go grocery shopping every week or whatever.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
im beginning to fear I wont be able to get a PS5 early.
Yeah, I think they're going to probably be pretty scarce for the first couple of months. I probably won't be able to get my hands on one until early next year (because I'm too lazy to go substantially out of my way to try and get one).

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah, I think they're going to probably be pretty scarce for the first couple of months. I probably won't be able to get my hands on one until early next year (because I'm too lazy to go substantially out of my way to try and get one).
I have notifications in place at all major retailers to let me know the second i can get one online. So hopefully I will be able to snag one up that way.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
The UI really sucks. It looks like it was made on powerpoint. Please tell me this isn't the final product.

I want the old UI or something similar.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
The UI really sucks. It looks like it was made on powerpoint. Please tell me this isn't the final product.

I want the old UI or something similar.
looks fine to me. Looks like the original game, which I like because people that played the original will be able to find their way through the menus and such. And if the game is super true to the original it means the new players can find old guides for them.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
A lot of souls fans will probably be disappointed in this game since it's actually the easiest game by todays standards. It mostly has gimmick bosses and mid tier boss battles. The only difficult thing about this game were mostly certain enemies, map design, and janky gameplay. It was a game made more for atmosphere and presentation, rather than combat.