Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
<James O'Keefe>

OH NO NO NO
What is this, backdating ballots? In MY Pennsylvania ?
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if James O'Keefe created 1000 fake ballots himself just so he could run a made-up story on the Democrats' fake ballots.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if James O'Keefe created 1000 fake ballots himself just so he could run a made-up story on the Democrats' fake ballots.

Over 300 retractions, Agema. This guy isn't a failure of a journalist (just yet)

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
That's a false equivalency. Joe Biden plagiarizing isn't the same as Trump's life long compulsive lying. Sexual assault and rape allegations are just that, allegations. And before you say "OH but Trump only allegations and words and talking!" yeah no, Trump has already been named in several court cases as needing to testify about his raping. Plus the whole 50+ rides on Epstein's rape plane, which I don't think Biden was on even once.
Racial jungle ≠ "shit hole countries" and multiple lawsuits and settlings for decades of refusing to rent to black tenants.
Not sure where the crime bill fits in with regards to megalomania, but here if you want to know what its actually about:
Drone strikes doesn't mean much, especially considering Trump's threats to nuke the middle east and dropping the largest non-nuclear bomb.
and the telling an immigrant activist to vote for Trump was him literally pointing out the difference between himself and Trump. One wants to deport illegal immigrants, that's Biden. The other wants to kill them, that's Trump.

I get that you don't like Biden, but Fox news talking points aren't real, and thinking they're the same doesn't make it so. Biden isn't a super progressive candidate, sure, but thinking he's a nicer version of Trump is like saying a papercut is a nicer version of being shot in the head point blank with a shotgun. One is several hundred orders of magnitude greater, to the point any comparison is ill-informed.
Who said anything about Fox? Biden's campaign single handedly killed #MeToo in America because of his rape allegations, they had to be swept completely under the rug and some former big voices in sexual assault had to completely ignore the last several years of activism to push Biden after Tara Reade. Literally people distancing themselves from MeToo because of Biden.
And yes, I'd call the racial jungle remark in regard to fighting integration pretty equivalent to shithole countries and refusing to rent to black tenants.
The crime bill more fits to violence, as in the ongoing BLM protests. The '94 crime bill fits nice and snug in the timeline for the arming and radicalization of police into the jackboots they are now. And it looks like that's Biden's current plan to deal with BLM, more of the same.
I'm sure the people we bomb will love to hear at least Biden does it with kindness. Definitely a huge difference there alright.
The comment was also indicative of Biden's consistent problem with anger, shooting his mouth off, and arrogance.
But at least Biden got 100% of the black vote :D

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Who said anything about Fox? Biden's campaign single handedly killed #MeToo in America because of his rape allegations, they had to be swept completely under the rug and some former big voices in sexual assault had to completely ignore the last several years of activism to push Biden after Tara Reade. Literally people distancing themselves from MeToo because of Biden.
And yes, I'd call the racial jungle remark in regard to fighting integration pretty equivalent to shithole countries and refusing to rent to black tenants.
The crime bill more fits to violence, as in the ongoing BLM protests. The '94 crime bill fits nice and snug in the timeline for the arming and radicalization of police into the jackboots they are now. And it looks like that's Biden's current plan to deal with BLM, more of the same.
I'm sure the people we bomb will love to hear at least Biden does it with kindness. Definitely a huge difference there alright.
The comment was also indicative of Biden's consistent problem with anger, shooting his mouth off, and arrogance.
But at least Biden got 100% of the black vote :D
shit I actually agree with you
(Biden got like 90% of the black vote tho)

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
But that's the sad, sad joke here.

The low bar set by the Republicans can be cleared ten fold. And people will just expect more from the Democrats. They always do. Republicans can roll in the mud in their Sunday Best, and the Democrats will be yelled for getting a speck of breakfast that they already cleaned off on their suit.
If nothing else, Trump is the proof of this sentiment. He is a comically hyperbolic example of Republican privilege.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Over 300 retractions, Agema. This guy isn't a failure of a journalist (just yet)
Why does getting a retraction out of someone make him worth a lick of spit?

"Hey guys, I've never created a good piece of journalism in my life, but I've forced 300 people to take back calling me a grubby, lying, little turd!"

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Interesting:
1604695517574.png

Joe Biden "wouldn't even pretend to be for health care for you".
1604695871542.png
1604696169472.png

Not really.

34 seats will be up for re-election at 2022. Of those seats, there will be 22 Republican.

That's more than enough that Republicans better start changing their tune and try to reach out to others, not just their base.
I recall 2018 election, we were told to expect Republican losses due to the sheer exposure they faced. 2/3 of seats up for grabs in 2022?
That is going to challenging.

Last edited:

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
But in any case, Trump is shuffling off into that great beyond where all former failed politicians go. Opinion media.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

You idiots we are still in a pandemic you morons!!! And that's not even the best place to protest, it's near the voting places. At least that is where I would go to confront the people(Right-wing crazy people) trying to subvert our democracy.

Context: people are dancing in the streets in Philly.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
I recall 2018 election, we were told to expect Republican losses due to the sheer exposure they faced. 2/3 of seats up for grabs in 2022?
That is going to challenging.
And you now have an energized voting population that Republicans continually attempted to purge, seeing that they are finally heard and it might have affected the actual outcome of their country.

Yeah. It very might well be.

Reactions: gorfias

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
And you now have an energized voting population that Republicans continually attempted to purge, seeing that they are finally heard and it might have affected the actual outcome of their country.

Yeah. It very might well be.
Trump lost because white guys voted for him less.

Status
Not open for further replies.