Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Agreed. It's trendy to give a cynical response to two less-than-ideal candidates, but the fact remains one of our options has proven to be a divisive demagogue that our nation really is better off ousting, and that's assuming the damage he's done is even remotely repairable. Biden might just be yet another "old, white, male politician," but damn it, he's not a destructive, bigoted, sexist, lying megalomaniac.
Not as obviously, anyway.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
A lot of Muslims don't like Sharia Law anyway as a concept.

Being against it would fall in line with other progressive values.

Getting passed it means you can get on to more important issues.

Well RPGs aren't a big threat but I'm sure some states have laws against them lol.

As for "Reaching across the Isle"

Oh no, being willing to co-operate to move forward rather than trying to win by domination on a small point that ultimately means very little and harms basically no-one but will efficiently deal with the fears of some fools?
"It's only a little targeted discrimination that has no bearing, so it's fine"

guess you should just keep fighting to dominate all
...did you post that article ironically or what?

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA

OH NO NO NO
What is this, backdating ballots? In MY Pennsylvania ?
Says professional liar James O'Keefe, founder of Project Veritas, whom you might recall as being infamous for deceptive editing and mirepresentation, as perhaps most famously shown in their ACORN slander. Their entire modus operandi is to make false claims 'supported' by manipulated media to create a fraudulent basis for criminal investigation into organizations they don't like. Coincidentally - I'm sure - Trump is a prominent donor, which I'm sure has nothing to do with how in 2017 Project Veritas operative Allison Maass was filmed attempting to bribe members of Americans Take Action into inciting a riot at Trump's inauguration.

And in case that last bit confuses you, let's take a look at how they do business. In 2017 they tried to trick the Washington Post into publishing a fake sexual harrassment story so they could spin it as "liberal bias" against Alabama Senator Roy Moore. In 2010, O'Keefe tried to trick CNN journalist Abbie Boudreau onto a boat filled with sexually explicit props for the sake of filming her in a compromising situation so as to undermine her credibility (Bourdreau having then been working on a documentary about young conservative activists). In 2014, he tried to bait Democratic Field Staffers in Colorado into endorsing voter fraud. That same year, he submitted a video apparently showing Josh Fox accepting funds from Middle East oil interests for an anti-fracking movie. Unbeknownst to O'Keefe, Fox had been suspicious and recorded the full conversations which revealed that he'd done nothing of the sort and that O'Keefe created the impression to the contrary through deceptive editing. But the REAL fun one was his spectacular 2016 failure to try and infiltrate the Open Society Foundation to make embarrassing videos about them...only he inadvertently revealed his hand when - I shit you not - he forgot to hang up the phone and started discussing his intentions in earshot.

And you're taking this guy at his word?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

I had to see it so now you all have to as well. God...I cringed so hard I think I threw my back out watching this.

Although I guess if you're a Corporate Democrat, you're probably pumping your fist and clapping at it so maybe I'm the weird one here...

EDIT: although it looks like I got beat out by Gregar12 above. I didn't even notice that. Oopsy!

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

I had to see it so now you all have to as well. God...I cringed so hard I think I threw my back out watching this.

Although I guess if you're a Corporate Democrat, you're probably pumping your fist and clapping at it so maybe I'm the weird one here...
Politics is vapid pop-culture allusions.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
And, I suspect, after the absolute shitshow of Trump's coronavirus response, a lot of people are happy to settle for a boring but perhaps halfway competent pair of hands, rather than outright self-sabotage from the federal government.
Yo, my man, credit me when you quote me!

(Just a dumb joke about how that was pretty much how my vote went, word for word, except that I also ended up voting for a Blue ticket because when I looked up my down ballot races, all of the Republican candidates sounded like assholes)

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
"It's only a little targeted discrimination that has no bearing, so it's fine"
So is Sharia law...........what was it about being intolerant of intolerance that progressives kept preaching about?

...did you post that article ironically or what?
No. I hoped you'd take something from it and not do what it seems you are going to do. I must say proving the article right is most disappointing.

He never planned to be president in the first place anyway, that was his endgoal.
yeh......... America might be in for some very fun times coming.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I took a long time with this deciding if your just straight up trolling. Let's assume that you are remotely coming to this with any faith

Yeah, like what the actual fuck? Just throwing the term around hey?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USoIAWVkCvk

There's plenty more. I mean, it was probably worth a google, hey?

Why I think she a TERF? (And I'm saying this because it's probably going to be important later) - Claiming that letting transpeople into women's bathrooms will lead to more sexual assault. Claiming that transpeople ruins the idea of sex (gender). Claiming that transpeople existing hurts LBG... (well nothing else because the other letter are the problem, am I right). 'Helping' LBGT people by donating to gay conversion therapy. There's probably more but I'd have to look it up again

As to your claim about Jim, IDK. I dont listen to him anymore. I dont have evidence that he in particular has litigated his case. Your probably going to have to listen and read all his stuff if your going to make that claim though

As I said most people were just throwing round the claim she was a terf.

Yes some did look into it but as you've shown it's a handful. I could probably have managed 100-200 tweets easily with people calling J.K. Rowling a Terf before I got bored, if I so felt like posting but again the trend is pretty clear that people were just throwing the term Terf at her.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
He never planned to be president in the first place anyway, that was his endgoal.
It might not work out that way.

He'll be newly irrelevant and a loser. Potentially facing fraud cases, even obstruction of justice. He might find the fans dry up quickly, the big money from big media doesn't arrive, never able to come close to the sort of Apprentice meerchandising boom that could prop up his crappy, cash-haemmorrhaging, golf courses.

Reactions: Buyetyen
Status
Not open for further replies.