Gaming Journalists Make No Damn Sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
The whole hallway scene is her with a knife vs guys with knives...

Mako Mori lets him get those points... Wait, women can have weapon skills and it's OK but not unarmed combat skills? The rules just keep getting stranger and stranger.
Weapons are generally considered force multipliers plus the fact they take down people quicker gives a more equal playing field more determined by skill.
Unarmed combat is a lot more decided by strength and technique. I already pointed out Nadine's technique is bad.
It's said that funny trained vs fully trained there's a muscle strength difference of 13% between male and female athletes.

Being able to play as a dude and being able to play as a gal is doing the opposite of pulling in gamers? How?
Well firstly it means they have to make the game more generic to incorporate player choice and them creating their own protagonist over a set story

Name one standalone DLC that sold as well as the main game.

If you spent as much time analyzing stuff that doesn't make sense in post-apocalyptic scenarios (or just TLOU specifically) as you did with Abby, you'd find far more egregious issues with regards to realism.
So you're admitting Abby really isn't realistic but claiming it's not important most likely because you're going to argue Mushroom Zombies right?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I played the fucking games, melee is not important. I can play through the 90+% of the games' encounters without using melee without handicapping myself cuz, you know, a bullet to the head kills faster than punching someone.
You forgoing major mechanics doesn't mean that those mechanics aren't major. I hardly use Plasmids in Bioshock Infinite, that doesn't mean that they aren't major.

You're actually arguing the goons in Uncharted have their hearts in it because they're continuing the fight while the building is on a fire?
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Now where's your evidence that "their hearts aren't in it?"

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You forgoing major mechanics doesn't mean that those mechanics aren't major. I hardly use Plasmids in Bioshock Infinite, that doesn't mean that they aren't major.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Now where's your evidence that "their hearts aren't in it?"
Once again, Houseman loves to extend the goal post. What a shocker. @Phoenixmgs, he is a lost cause. No use arguing with a piece of plank.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Nice grammar Sherlock.

Glad to know you're talking more about yourself, and being more open. Be proud of that you little special guy.
Once again, Houseman loves to extend the goal post. What a shocker. @Phoenixmgs, he is a lost cause. No use arguing with a piece of plank.

You can put him off your ignore list and argue him yourself if you want instead of cheering from the sidelines.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You can put him off your ignore list and argue him yourself if you want instead of cheering from the sidelines.
The only one on my ignore list is B-Cell. I know he's been banned, but I still do not want to see his stupidity. Despite our differences, @Phoenixmgs I actually like and respect.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Yeah, he's here to cheer on the sidelines for people who are arguing against me because I guess I got under his skin and now he has to follow me around wherever I post.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Not bothering to see video and you're mistaking me for someone that gives a fuck. Not here for your pathetic impression nor approval.
Well you were claiming in the other thread to be about listening to people and discussing so now you'd suddenly don't give a fuck?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well you were claiming in the other thread to be about listening to people and discussing so now you'd suddenly don't give a fuck?
I do, but I have my limits. Especially when it is a video that does not relate to me in any fashion.

Wait a minute....I recognize that guy. I've vaguely seen some of his vids, but they did not hold much interests.

EDIT: I decided to watch the vid, and really, it says more about you and Houseman than it does me. I did have fun watching, so thanks for the 10 minutes. Thank you for the wonderful education, and hope you took learned something from that video. You have a wonderful day,

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I do, but I have my limits. Especially when it is a video that does not relate to me in any fashion.
So because it's not about popped collar shirts you have no interest in it?

Wait a minute....I recognize that guy. I've vaguely seen some of his vids, but they did not hold much interests.

EDIT: I decided to watch the vid, and really, it says more about you and Houseman than it does me. I did have fun watching, so thanks for the 10 minutes. Thank you for the wonderful education, and hope you took learned something from that video. You have a wonderful day,
Kind of funny you aren't recognising yourself in the video really and rather unfortunate. Hell what you're doing now is even mentioned in the video lol

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So because it's not about popped collar shirts you have no interest in it?

Kind of funny you aren't recognising yourself in the video really and rather unfortunate. Hell what you're doing now is even mentioned in the video lol
Tell that to Houseman.

Let's get serious. I know myself, but I can tell when I've made mistakes. But this is not one of them. There plenty i could have done better on the IMDB boards, but there are plenty where I could have done worst. No one is even talking about Game Journalist on this thread anymore because it got derailed and combination of not much left to talk about. It's mostly been incoherent rambling and goal post extending. That's the truth. The mistake I did make was trying to put some sense in this topic or asking to get it closed. But noooo, some people did not want it closed, because they were having too much fun and knew they had not much arguments or points to begin with. A mistake I don't regret making. So funny that.

Are you done? Because I am with this thread. Don't bother with anything else, because enough is enough.

Peace and deuces.

Reactions: Gyrobot

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
The only one on my ignore list is B-Cell. I know he's been banned, but I still do not want to see his stupidity. Despite our differences, @Phoenixmgs I actually like and respect.
B-Cell got banned? When did that happen?

Now that you mention it, it's been a while since one of his stupid "doom is better than blank because it has no womenz" threads got made.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
B-Cell got banned? When did that happen?

Now that you mention it, it's been a while since one of his stupid "doom is better than blank because it has no womenz" threads got made.
I wanna say around August. He got in trouble for many sexists comments. A majority of people were sick of shit and stupidity.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
So, I thought we might do a little recap.

Any diversity which you deem is good is diversity. Any diversity which you deem as bad is woke. You guys (and some peeps on YouTube) are the sole arbiter on what is deemed as bad. And it can't be poorly written because that would be an excuse why it's woke and not successful

What definitely cant be bad is anything with a cis white straight man. That get an automatic pass. And even if they do have bad movies, that doesn't mean diverse movie van be bad. Becuase that would be woke and 'destroying male legacies.'

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Jodie Whittaker's seasons are just so bad and it's nothing to do with her.
I find them fine. The worst DW has done is farting aliens, blowjob cement face fan and the episode right after revealing who the Toclophane are. The worst in these seasons is probably Rosa Parks. It is bad but not that bad

But none of are really good. Like you expect one expetional episode per season. These two just dont have that

Edit: I was worried when hearing Whittaker getting the job. She's the worst thing about Broadchurch which is generally excellent otherwise. She suprised me by doing much better in DW

Reactions: Gyrobot
Status
Not open for further replies.