Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
This is an attempt by the Reb house to stop the governor from sending the electors to washington, thus allowing the house itself to send the electors.
A coup by any other name. Unlikely to work however. The votes have already been sent in and there's no takesies-backsies.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
woah. so much wrong
Rep representatives put articles of impeachment on the Michigan Governor over this wayne county shitshow
This is an attempt by the Reb house to stop the governor from sending the electors to washington, thus allowing the house itself to send the electors.
But that has nothing to do with anything, and the Speaker of the House of Michigan has already shut down any chance of impeachment. And that didn't really address any of the lawsuits that are being thrown out.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
A coup by any other name. Unlikely to work however. The votes have already been sent in and there's no takesies-backsies.
There was fuckery involved with the certification of the wayne country vote, and the Reps are moving in to fight against it

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
But that has nothing to do with anything, and the Speaker of the House of Michigan has already shut down any chance of impeachment. And that didn't really address any of the lawsuits that are being thrown out.
The lawsuits are from people that the Trump team supports, but aren't the Trump team's lawsuits themselves. Which is why the counter says "Trump and allies" or something like that.
Speaker of the House has final say, then? Looks like it was new to me. Happened today

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I just want to know why people hate agreement? I mean, I know this is the Escapist and we're supposed to hate everything everyone else says forever, but is there so much cynicism that people agreeing with each causes physical revulsion and questions of sanity?

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
The lawsuits are from people that the Trump team supports, but aren't the Trump team's lawsuits themselves. Which is why the counter says "Trump and allies" or something like that.
Speaker of the House has final say, then? Looks like it was new to me. Happened today
But they are the Trump's team lawsuit. Giuliani is Trump's personal lawyer and he petitioned the Pennsylvania's Bar association to be able to practice law in that state, and has taken up management of lawsuits in that state. Like he was in court this very week, and was forced to admit the lawsuits aren't about fraud, and apparently got confused as to which lawsuit it was. He even name dropped Micky Mouse.
I mean its true Trump himself isn't in court, but it is very much his legal team and his lawsuits. I looked up the documents, the plaintiff is Donald J. Trump for President Inc, which according to this:

is being run by Trump's campaign manager and has his family on as operators and advisors.

Last edited:

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Are you attempting to imply that "If you could hum better, that would probably help a lot. Start by learning how to properly breathe so that you don't have to audibly gasp like a fish out of water." isn't civil?
The civility understander has logged on

Reactions: Kwak

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Are you attempting to imply that "If you could hum better, that would probably help a lot. Start by learning how to properly breathe so that you don't have to audibly gasp like a fish out of water." isn't civil?
I don't think he's attempting to imply that.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I don't think he's attempting to imply that.
It's hard to tell, because lots of people on this forum have the bad habit of pretending that this is Twitter and only post one-liners or meme images instead of using a sufficient amount of words to explain what they mean. What do you think he means with his post?

Reactions: Agema

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
It's hard to tell, because lots of people on this forum have the bad habit of pretending that this is Twitter and only post one-liners or meme images instead of using a sufficient amount of words to explain what they mean. What do you think he means with his post?
I meant that the phrase "attempting to apply" isn't really an apt description for that post. He's throwing it at you.

To be honest, I've become a bit sick of the low-content posts as well. A few days ago I went on a bit of a salty rant about it in some other thread; one-liners and contextless memes make me feel like I've logged into a shitty fast-scrolling imageboard. I'm not really pointing fingers here, because nobody is individually responsible for the trend and I've probably been guilty of it once or twice myself.

So I can almost see where you're coming from. But then, more text doesn't necessarily mean more content in a post. When you feign civility, or ask coy leading questions, or bicker over trivial semantics, that's low-content just as much.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I meant that the phrase "attempting to apply" isn't really an apt description for that post.
See, this is what I'm talking about. I can't hear your inflected sarcasm over the internet. At the very least, use italics if you want to be sarcastic. Be mindful of how you communicate if you don't want to be understood.

I said "attempting to imply" because I don't think he was successful. Just quoting something and posting a meme image does not make me guilty of contradicting myself. It's not as self-evident as he thinks it is.

But I agree with the rest of your post.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
There was fuckery involved with the certification of the wayne country vote, and the Reps are moving in to fight against it
And if the lawyers had any evidence of that, they would have lead with it.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
See, this is what I'm talking about. I can't hear your inflected sarcasm over the internet. At the very least, use italics if you want to be sarcastic. Be mindful of how you communicate if you don't want to be understood.

I said "attempting to imply" because I don't think he was successful. Just quoting something and posting a meme image does not make me guilty of contradicting myself. It's not as self-evident as he thinks it is.
Well, I didn't really intend it to be sarcastic as such. I didn't intend it to be barbed or particularly directed at anybody. But yeah, point taken, it wasn't clear.

But I agree with the rest of your post.
Stop doing it, then.

This is going to sound short-tempered, which isn't what I wanted to go for, but is a bit unavoidable if I'm talking about this. But you do a lot of the feigned civility, coy leading questions, stuff like that. As far as I can tell it's usually an effort to bait people, though I suppose I may be wrong.

I mean, when these discussions devolve into the state this thread has, then damn near everybody starts getting snarky. I definitely do sometimes, though I attempt to have at least a shred of humour or substance if I'm posting. So you're hardly uniquely guilty of it.

My only point is that if you're irritated with low-content guff, then clean out your own closet first. And I don't mean that to be a terrible insult, because my own closet's not pristine either.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Stop doing it, then.

This is going to sound short-tempered, which isn't what I wanted to go for, but is a bit unavoidable if I'm talking about this. But you do a lot of the feigned civility, coy leading questions, stuff like that. As far as I can tell it's usually an effort to bait people, though I suppose I may be wrong.
I am always sincere. I do use the Socratic method, if that's what you mean by 'coy leading questions', and I won't stop doing that.

Reactions: gorfias
Status
Not open for further replies.