Gaming Jokes

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
A JRPG character's likelihood of being the villain is directly proportional to how fucking insane their hair is.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
What did you think of River City Girls BrawlMan? I'm not a big beat 'em up player, but I gave RCG a playthrough with the GF, and I thought it was pretty fun.
I never got around to playing it yet. I do know it's good and it's one of the better brawlers with RPG elements. Then again, Kunio-kun/River City franchise rarely ever messed up those two elements together. I'd still say Guardian Heroes does the best combining those two elements, but that's a hard bar to top.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
So apparently Rambo in Mortal Kombat is inquisitive along the lines of Snake;

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Oh my god, so I just looked up the plot to that DLC episode for Doom Eternal, and holy shit;
They basically made this canon with that whole "Dark Lord" stuff,

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

I'll admit I've never played a Shemue game but is the dialogue really this....off? The whole thing makes Ryo sound like he's got a learning disability or something.

Also, "That's your girlfriend from the first game. She's a toy now" just gets me.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I'll admit I've never played a Shemue game but is the dialogue really this....off?

Also, "That's your girlfriend from the first game. She's a toy now" just gets me.
Yes. Shenmu 3vis literally a game that still from the late '90s and early 2000s. Yu Suzuki is stuck in that era and learned nothing from other games. I remember somebody from the V1 fourm throwing a biatch fit, but what I said is true: the Yakuza games are better Shenmue games than Shenmue.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Yes. She knew three is literally a game that still from the late '90s and early 2000. Yu Suzuki is stuck in that era and learned nothing from other games. I remember somebody from the V1 fourm throwing a biatch fit, but what I said is true: the Yakuza games are better Shenmue games than Shenmue.
Oh, I've heard numerous people say "If you're thinking of playing Shenmue, just play Yakuza instead" . And I do own Yakuza 0 so I'll give that a try someday.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh, I've heard numerous people say "If you're thinking of playing Shenmue, just play Yakuza instead" . And I do own Yakuza 0 so I'll give that a try someday.
You enjoy Yakuza 0. I couldn't personally get into it, but that's because the Yakuza combat style doesn't work for me. It is fun, but it doesn't flow well with me. Best of luck and enjoy.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
You enjoy Yakuza 0. I couldn't personally get into it, but that's because the Yakuza combat style doesn't work for me. It is fun, but it doesn't flow well with me. Best of luck and enjoy.
Thanks. It's gonna be a bit because I'm still neck deep in Dark Souls 3(so many skelingtons....) but next time I'm up for a Open World Type game that'll be something I take a look at.

Also, Wife got me a Switch for an early christmas present so I'll be messing around with that for a bit too.

Last edited:

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Textbook gaming joke: The main character complains about boring forced tutorials, while forcing the player to do a boring tutorial.

...hey, I said it was textbook; not funny.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Textbook gaming joke: The main character complains about boring forced tutorials, while forcing the player to do a boring tutorial.

...hey, I said it was textbook; not funny.
Yeah, it's kinda annoying when they take the lazy route and say "Hey, X is terrible" and then does it anyway, as opposed to taking an effort to subvert it in some way.

Off the top of my head, there's that bit in DOOM(2016) where DOOMGUY literally does not care about the plot and just smashes the video link so he doesn't have to listen to people yammering about it.