Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
All they need is the Supreme Court. Even if they "lose" in the lower courts.
Its rather funny that you seem to see the State courts merely as a road to SCOTUS. That flies in the face of the US judicial system.

I heard they have, like 60 affidavits so far.
I wonder how many of these are of the same caliber of witness as Richard Hopkins, who recanted, then insisted he hadn't recanted, and then provided a recording to prove his point... which contained him recanting. Or convicted criminal Daryl Brooks. Or disgraced ex-attorney Phill Kline.

Testimony on its own is never enough to make a case. But the utter shower of shysters, fraudsters, liars and shills that have been trotted out by the Trump legal team and its defenders online have given it even less credence than usual.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Its rather funny that you seem to see the State courts merely as a road to SCOTUS. That flies in the face of the US judicial system.
Well and it shows the end goal and tactics involved. The challenges have nothing to do with merit and are solely designed to be dismissed, appealed, dismissed, appealed all the way up to the Supreme court and have the 3 Trump appointed judges who he totally doesn't have blackmail on will overturn several states and give him the White House.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Testimony on its own is never enough to make a case. But the utter shower of shysters, fraudsters, liars and shills that have been trotted out by the Trump legal team and its defenders online have given it even less credence than usual.
That's why, if the complaint goes through, they can issue a subpeona and gather evidence with more authority.

As it is, you're simply cheerleading for tyranny.
I just want every legal vote to be counted. I believe any wrongdoing should come to light. If witnesses saw suspicious things, it deserves to be checked out.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
The rules are the rules. The rules say that the signatures must be verified by all parties. They weren't. A professional may be better suited, but isn't necessary.
You can object to the usefulness of the rule, but that's neither here nor there.

10/23/2020

The Pennsylvania state Supreme Court ruled Friday that ballots in the state cannot be rejected because of signature comparisons, backing up guidance issued by the state’s chief elections officer heading into Pennsylvania’s first presidential election with no-excuse mail voting.

The ruling is a defeat for President Donald Trump’s campaign and other Republicans, who had challenged the decision by Pennsylvania election officials, arguing that efforts to match signatures on ballots to signatures on voter rolls were necessary to prevent fraud.

“We conclude that the Election Code does not authorize or require county election boards to reject absentee or mail-in ballots during the canvassing process based on an analysis of a voter’s signature,” the state Supreme Court wrote in an opinion signed by six of the seven justices, including five Democrats and one Republican.

The seventh justice, another Republican, concurred with the ruling.

The court directs “the county boards of elections not to reject absentee or mail-in ballots for counting, computing, and tallying based on signature comparisons conducted by county election officials or employees, or as the result of third party challenges based on such comparisons.”

Reactions: Kwak

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I just want every legal vote to be counted. I believe any wrongdoing should come to light. If witnesses saw suspicious things, it deserves to be checked out.
Except those 600,000 or so, eh. So not every legal vote. Just the ones that help.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States

10/23/2020

The Pennsylvania state Supreme Court ruled Friday that ballots in the state cannot be rejected because of signature comparisons, backing up guidance issued by the state’s chief elections officer heading into Pennsylvania’s first presidential election with no-excuse mail voting.

The ruling is a defeat for President Donald Trump’s campaign and other Republicans, who had challenged the decision by Pennsylvania election officials, arguing that efforts to match signatures on ballots to signatures on voter rolls were necessary to prevent fraud.

“We conclude that the Election Code does not authorize or require county election boards to reject absentee or mail-in ballots during the canvassing process based on an analysis of a voter’s signature,” the state Supreme Court wrote in an opinion signed by six of the seven justices, including five Democrats and one Republican.

The court directs “the county boards of elections not to reject absentee or mail-in ballots for counting, computing, and tallying based on signature comparisons conducted by county election officials or employees, or as the result of third party challenges based on such comparisons.”
boohoo.gif
(Sorry for another low effort Sunny reference, but at this point it's pretty much the only natural response to all these stupid "challenges")

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
10/23/2020

I wonder if I should cry fowl and say that it's a rigged court participating in tyranny because judges came to a conclusion that I don't like, like @Agema?
Nah. The courts decide. And they'll surely appeal to a higher one.

Except those 600,000 or so, eh. So not every legal vote. Just the ones that help.
How can you be sure that any of them are legal? They weren't properly vetted

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
How can you be sure that any of them are legal? They weren't properly vetted
That's what all those checking processes are for. The ones both Democratic and Republican state officials have attested were followed.

Once again, it comes down to giving pure aspersion as fact, and presenting nothing to back it up.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020

I think this is a few days old, though. It's just "they're stopping certification in PA"

Last edited:

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States

I think this is a few days old, though. It's just "they're stopping certification in PA"
The linked opinion states literally none of what that tweet says. I'm going to guess that you didn't even bother to read it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.