Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You want armed soldiers at every poll station throughout the country (& the additional time and expenditure to train them on electoral security), solely to address an issue that nobody has successfully demonstrated actually exists.
Yeah, that'd be great. Wouldn't it all be worth it? The election is the single most important thing in the country, isn't it? So why not pull out all the stops to ensure that it is safe and secure?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Yeah, that'd be great. Wouldn't it all be worth it? The election is the single most important thing in the country, isn't it? So why not pull out all the stops to ensure that it is safe and secure?
Because it was safe and secure and if there was evidence to the contrary you wouldn't be scraping off the loony bin in Twitter?

Reactions: Buyetyen

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Because it was safe and secure and if there was evidence to the contrary
"lalalala no evidence lalalala"

More news:

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Genuinely can't tell if this is trolling or a meltdown. Andy Kaufman would be proud.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Genuinely can't tell if this is trolling or a meltdown. Andy Kaufman would be proud.
It's a bit like the five stages of grief in struggling to come to terms with adversity: denial, anger, bargaining, depression. Eventually they'll get to acceptance and move on.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I'm not sure if trolling works when you're just making yourself look silly. I'm not young though, so maybe that's how it's done now.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
I'm not sure if trolling works when you're just making yourself look silly. I'm not young though, so maybe that's how it's done now.
Yeah, but people are bothering to reply he might still think he's winning.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
My only mistake was accusing you of saying "they deserve anything they get". You latched on to the word "anything" and thought that it literally meant "anything".
No, I think your mistake was that you made a logical leap that made sense to you without realising that it was it was not an obvious one and didn't make sense to other people. And without substantial clarification about how you made that logical leap, it just looked like a load of nonsense.

Do you not maintain that unequal enforcement of laws...
I have not yet seen any compelling evidence of unequal enforcement of laws.

No neutral authority such as a court has offered a judgement. That just leaves the balance of available evidence, and the only evidence in favour is the say-so of some Republican poll watchers: their evidence alone isn't good enough. We were told months ago by Trump that there was a deliberate plan to portray the election as fraudulent. And lo and behold, here the activists are as ground troops in the long-planned propaganda campaign: lying, exaggerating and distorting to try to create the image of fraud when no significant fraud can be found in reality. The emptiness of their claims is why Trump has about 50 failed hearings and court cases for approximately just one minor success. They are not credible and not trustworthy.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
No neutral authority such as a court has offered a judgement.
This might be proven to your satisfaction if a case involving the TCF center makes it before a judge, and a democrat witness is called or cross-examined.

lying, exaggerating and distorting
Why do you believe that the republican workers and poll watchers are lying, exaggerating, and distorting?
Because they're republicans?

Trump has about 50 failed hearings and court cases
1) How can a hearing "fail"?
2) One of the senators/congressmen, Lawful Evil in the meme, made a very similar point. "Why should we believe you when your team has 30,40,50, whatever the number was, failed lawsuits? Guiliani's response was "We only have 3".

Also

Last edited:

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Because existing procedures have already accomplished safety & security, and this additional enormous expenditure would do nothing: if those soldiers had been in place, you'd be here insinuating that they're all part of the plot.

2) One of the senators/congressmen, Lawful Evil in the meme, made a very similar point. "Why should we believe you when your team has 30,40,50, whatever the number was, failed lawsuits? Guiliani's response was "We only have 3".
Yes, Giuliani has been quite poor at keeping track of detail, I agree. Remember when the Judge asked him what standard of scrutiny should be applied (rational basis, intermediate, or strict) and he replied "the normal one"? Then seemed to admit he didn't know what the Judge meant by "scrutiny"?

Why do you believe that the republican workers and poll watchers are lying, exaggerating, and distorting?
Because they're republicans?
Probably because every time I've watched/read their testimony, it's been riddled with really basic failures of understanding. Such as saying that using a USB is "illegal", or complaining about "due process" when they're prevented from writing up lists of voters on notepaper.

It looks to me like they're not attempting to deceive anybody or anything, but that they've been tremendously poorly trained on electoral procedure, security, and data handling, such that they have almost no understanding of what they're meant to be looking out for.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Because existing procedures have already accomplished safety & security
For paper ballots, mostly.

What's unsafe and unsecure about this election, specifically, is the unprecedented numbers of mail-in ballots, which is conveniently thanks to covid.
For years, as I have shown, mail-in ballots were called unsecure and open to fraud. Everyone knew this. The media knew this. MIT knew this. But then, once covid happened, all of a sudden the narrative was pushed that they're "safe and secure" without any security upgrades or changes to the system.

In Afghanistan, you vote with your fingerprint. There are zero cases of dead people voting, people voting twice, or non-existent people voting from fake addresses. Snipers sit up on buildings and watch the polls. Why are their elections more secure than ours?

Remember when the Judge asked him what standard of scrutiny should be applied (rational basis, intermediate, or strict) and he replied "the normal one"?
No, I haven't seen that. Can you link the video?

Probably because every time I've watched/read their testimony, it's been riddled with really basic failures of understanding.
Such as?

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
In Afghanistan, you vote with your fingerprint. There are zero cases of dead people voting, people voting twice, or non-existent people voting from fake addresses. Snipers sit up on buildings and watch the polls. Why are their elections more secure than ours?
Because your gouvernments (that is mostly statewise ones) have wasted every election reform of the last couple decades to influence the outcome of the election via redistricting and ease of voting for certain groups instead of trying to actually get a safe, equal, convenient and fast election done.

American elections are an embarrasment. At least half the world does it better.

But do you know what would not heelp at all ? Military at the polling places. What would those soldiers even be supposed to do there ?

Status
Not open for further replies.