Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Passive aggressive puns are the highest form of wit comprehended by the denizens of TERF island. Such is the result of centuries of inbreeding.
Well sue me I'm the lowest form of twit because I don't find the yelling "President Cheeto" or whatever people have taken to using as some grand highly crafted joke. But hey as you understood it guess you're the denizens of TERF island you referenced. Tell me have you managed to have your extra toes dealt with yet or have you decided to keep them?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
The fact you equate state authorities killing a civilian with hurt feelings of the right wing, shows how utterly morally bankrupt you are. You sicken me.
The fact that people can explain, in detail, how unequal enforcement of laws targeting ethnic groups is discrimination, but all of that is curiously absent here, shows the hypocrisy and partisanship at work.

Look, here's him talking a big game about discrimination in law enforcement, talking about "policing that widely targets certain groups", but when it comes to republicans? "They shouldn't have broken the rules".

Or is it that unequal enforcement of rules and laws is okay as long as nobody dies? Is that the line you draw between "acceptable discrimination" and "unacceptable discrimination"?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Well sue me I'm the lowest form of twit because I don't find the yelling "President Cheeto" or whatever people have taken to using as some grand highly crafted joke. But hey as you understood it guess you're the denizens of TERF island you referenced. Tell me have you managed to have your extra toes dealt with yet or have you decided to keep them?
You fucking suck at this man. Literally all you got is the fucking reversal, even when it takes five leaps to even fucking find your conclusion along the way.

Reactions: Buyetyen

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
The fact that people can explain, in detail, how unequal enforcement of laws against detail is discrimination, but all of that is curiously absent here, shows the hypocrisy and partisanship at work.

Look, here's him talking a big game about discrimination in law enforcement, talking about "policing that widely targets certain groups", but when it comes to republicans? "They shouldn't have broken the rules".

Or is it that unequal enforcement of rules and laws is okay as long as nobody dies? Is that the line you draw between "acceptable discrimination" and "unacceptable discrimination"?
Morally bankrupt.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
You fucking suck at this man. Literally all you got is the fucking reversal, even when it takes five leaps to even fucking find your conclusion along the way.
Well you suck and pulling down statues considering how many of them have hit you on the head.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
We’re trying bro. We’re trying.
I am certain it is only open to contain this nonsense. At least I really don't want a new thread popping up everytime some twitter user posts something about alleged fraud.

Still hope it is over after the 14th.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
As Agema says...
As Houseman says, Republican poll watchers broke the regulations and received a proportionate and legal response of being removed from procedings, which is exactly the same as the cops being able to arbitrarily shoot people dead on the mere suspicion they committed a trivial offence.

Because apparently, anyone who deserved a punishment for their sin means any sin can fairly deserve any punishment. To suggest that it is right someone gets 2 years in jail for burglary means vigilantes can lynch people for dropping litter.

No, I don't understand that reasoning either.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Other highly relevant Ron Watkins tweets
Mm... Love the standard of people Republicans are relying on to make their case there's been election fraud.

I don't understand why they gave Sidney Powell the boot. She was the perfect fit to represent their claims.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
Surprised that this thread hasn't been locked.
Consider it a service, the staff is limiting the spread of inane conspiracy theories to just one thread, as opposed to having a certain someone start a new one every five minutes when some random fool posts on twitter.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
We knew this could happen. In 2006.

Was this vulnerability corrected? We don't know, because these are PrIvAtE CoMpAnIeS and can do whatever they want. It's not like the government can force them to be secure, or anything.
Well then: https://thehill.com/homenews/house/482569-senate-gop-blocks-three-election-security-bills

And by the way, not all voting machines are created equally. For instance, those Dominion machines that Republicans have decided to demonize, actually have VVPAT, so...too bad, so sad.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
Yeah, that'd be great.
Prevention is better than the cure. Station some soldiers around, and arm them. This election is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE COUNTRY isn't it? So start acting like it. Metal detectors and armed guards at every entrance and exit. Maybe even cavity searches.
OK. I see you're in full meltdown mode, so i'm just gonna back away from the conversation, slowly.

Reactions: Buyetyen

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
So like when are we getting Donald Trumps pee tape? Might as well release it to humiliate him more.
I don't know of any "pee tape". I only heard he allegedly shat himself in the public.
Wheres tstorm?
Tstorm always struck me as a republican first, and "trumpist" when its convenient, and since mainstream reps don't seem to be disputing the outcome of presidential election...

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I don't know of any "pee tape". I only heard he allegedly shat himself in the public.
The one about Russian prostitutes doing something involving urination that Russian intelligence had blackmail tapes of from just before he got to be PotUS, IIRC.

Denied by the right, because obviously, and by certain on the left because you're not allowed to say that Russian intelligence was interfering in elections of interest to them (you know, their job) that time to any extent.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
As Houseman says, Republican poll watchers broke the regulations and received a proportionate and legal response of being removed from procedings, which is exactly the same as the cops being able to arbitrarily shoot people dead
My only mistake was accusing you of saying "they deserve anything they get". You latched on to the word "anything" and thought that it literally meant "anything".

In reality, I meant any appropriate legal consequence.

Do you not maintain that unequal enforcement of laws is one of the ways discrimination happens? Because that's what I quoted you saying. The Republicans were discriminated against due to this unequal enforcement, in the same way that Black Americans are discriminated against due to the unequal enforcement of laws. That was my only point.

But you are, and this is and was not a mistake, using the exact same logic and using the exact same words that racists use to justify discrimination, unequal enforcement, and police brutality: that they deserved it because they broke the rules. You yourself said those words.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Prevention is better than the cure. Station some soldiers around, and arm them. This election is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE COUNTRY isn't it? So start acting like it. Metal detectors and armed guards at every entrance and exit. Maybe even cavity searches.
You want armed soldiers at every poll station throughout the country (& the additional time and expenditure to train them on electoral security), solely to address an issue that nobody has successfully demonstrated actually exists.

You know, of course, that had there been soldiers stationed at every polling spot, and the result was the same, Trump and his followers would just be alleging that they're all in on the conspiracy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.