Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
If people knew the truth, they wouldn't vote for either of the candidates.
A youtube personality, Mr Reagan" posited something like this. That the real reason they hate Trump is that, to some extent, they're all compromised. They're all likely scratching their heads thinking, "Of course Joe Biden sells his office to China... we all do things like that but this Trump fellow is making an issue of it!
I predict January 6th will pass. Biden will be recognized as the clear winner of 2020 and assume office.
Then he will really set about selling out the US.
If Biden does take office, I would watch the far Left as I think that is where the real drama will be. The evil orange man will thrown out of office. The establishment of both parties may make a distraction of hounding him and his supporters once they have assumed power in the White House. But the far Left: still got police. No Medicare for all. An insult of a COVID relief bill (I keep hearing of other nations basically taking care of the unemployed during this thing, while a US family of 4 is waiting for $600. Something rich people think poor people think is a lot of money. It's a car payment.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
A youtube personality, Mr Reagan" posited something like this. That the real reason they hate Trump is that, to some extent, they're all compromised. They're all likely scratching their heads thinking, "Of course Joe Biden sells his office to China... we all do things like that but this Trump fellow is making an issue of it!
I predict January 6th will pass. Biden will be recognized as the clear winner of 2020 and assume office.
Then he will really set about selling out the US.
If Biden does take office, I would watch the far Left as I think that is where the real drama will be. The evil orange man will thrown out of office. The establishment of both parties may make a distraction of hounding him and his supporters once they have assumed power in the White House. But the far Left: still got police. No Medicare for all. An insult of a COVID relief bill (I keep hearing of other nations basically taking care of the unemployed during this thing, while a US family of 4 is waiting for $600. Something rich people think poor people think is a lot of money. It's a car payment.
To argue Trump is for the people or "America" is pretty asinine as well. America has been sold off long ago, companies basically write our bills. To think either party is going to stop the status quo from continuing is delusional. Like I said before, both parties are basically the same and both are driving us off the cliff, just because one is driving us off the cliff 5mph slower than the other is not a reason to vote for them.

Reactions: gorfias

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Quite so.

Actually, even if Trump somehow were to remain in power the left is still where the drama will be- the real drama, not the hollow bullshit. The 2020 presidential race once Biden was given the primary win became a contest between revolution without revolution in one sense (that of a Biden who offers platitudes and nothing substantial) and revolution without revolution in another (a Trump who offers vulgar gestures at addressing resentments towards our politics while operating in more or less the same way as any garden variety Republican, though with more noise). Apart from the wailing and gnashing of teeth, centrist Democrats did very little to oppose Trump because when it comes to substantial policy, they don't really disagree on anywhere near as much as you should think given the volume of the aforementioned wailing, and where they do disagree they don't oppose Trump with much vigor or commitment or willingness to risk anything (Or did I miss it when Nancy Pelosi shut down the government until Republicans finally relented and agreed to abolish ICE and shut down the concentration camps?)

Reactions: gorfias

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Exactly, addresses and names are publicly available (though you can opt out of being in the directory in the UK-- can you in the US?). So... what are you asking for? You mentioned "every address", which I took to mean connecting addresses to ballots. If that's not what you meant, and addresses are already public, then what specifically do you want?
I'm asking for more data to be publicly and freely available. Things like being able to see the actual signatures, the actual ballots, the applications for ballots, and everything else that Matt Braynard had to pay thousands of dollars for.

These "matching signature" claims can easily be validated if any member of the public were able to pull them up and say "yep, look at all these matching signatures" or "nope, they're all different". The "printed ballots" or "intentionally misprinted Republican ballots" can be easily proven true or false by being able to see the actual ballot itself.

Also, let's put 24/7 CCTV in every tabulation room.

Its already been covered multiple times in this same thread
I don't recall.
Braynard has shown a bunch of addresses from a wider dataset which we haven't seen
Okay, what about what you have seen?
Are you saying you'll never be satisfied with the "invalid addresses" evidence unless you can see and personally verify the complete set?

Frankly, I would want someone non-partisan and actually qualified to put this forward. Not a Republican campaign advisor without relevant qualifications.
So it seems like you don't have any objections to the evidence itself, on its own merits, but rather, you don't trust it because you think it comes from a biased source.
You know what the solution is there? Put it forward in a court of law and have the defense's experts attack it, then see what still holds up.
In fact, this has already been done.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I'm asking for more data to be publicly and freely available. Things like being able to see the actual signatures, the actual ballots, the applications for ballots, and everything else that Matt Braynard had to pay thousands of dollars for.
You want to improve security by making everyone's signature open for any forger on the planet to see and replicate?

Do you think your banking would be safer if your account numbers were public information?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You want to improve security by making everyone's signature open for any forger on the planet to see and replicate?
Yes.

Do you think your banking would be safer if your account numbers were public information?
You mean the account number that I give away every time I write a check or set up a recurring payment?
It would be negligibly less safe if those numbers were more public than they already are.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
To argue Trump is for the people or "America" is pretty asinine as well. America has been sold off long ago, companies basically write our bills. To think either party is going to stop the status quo from continuing is delusional. Like I said before, both parties are basically the same and both are driving us off the cliff, just because one is driving us off the cliff 5mph slower than the other is not a reason to vote for them.
Trump has some wrong ideas about war, for instance. Rather than ask why the US is involved in them when we have no plan, nothing to benefit by them, he asks why we aren't taking their oil in exchange. We should just be out of there.
And he makes the right noises. I keep posting this clip of Michael Moore, taken out of context, telling a story of Trump challenging the sr. auto execs on behalf of US workers. Does the establishment even bother with that sort of thing anymore?
And I think it suspect that China released a virus apparently made in their lab... just as Trump was renegotiating our trade deals he calls non-existent with them. (They're just doing as they please, including currency manipulation, etc.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
You mean the account number that I give away every time I write a check or set up a recurring payment?
It would be negligibly less safe if those numbers were more public than they already are.
If you really think it's negligibly less unsafe than every cybercriminal in the world having free access to it, you have a very poor imagination.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
If you really think it's negligibly less unsafe than every cybercriminal in the world having free access to it, you have a very poor imagination.

The answer is "they can deposit money into your account. For anything else, they'd need to breach your security in other ways"

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
....Did you even read that article?
Yes, did you? Here's the first paragraph:

Fortunately, people can’t do much if they only have your bank account number. They can’t, for example, withdraw money from your account using only the account number. However, with a little more obtainable information, such as your address or driver’s license number, someone with your account number may have the ability to manipulate and compromise your account. Below are a few examples of what they can do.
Oh look that's exactly what I said.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Sorry, I forgot I was dealing with Hoaxman. Careful kids, people knowing your name and address is now a breach of security!

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
And now the news:

literally the only source for that claim is that tweet... Unless the news you're referring to is "Trump tweets bullshit" That's lazy even by your standards. Put down the cup of lead paint and try harder.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
literally the only source for that claim is that tweet... Unless the news you're referring to is "Trump tweets bullshit" That's lazy even by your standards. Put down the cup of lead paint and try harder.
All you need to do is post facts.

Like How many registered voters are there in Pennsylvania? The number is over 9 million.

How many votes were counted in the election?

Just under 7 million.

It takes two seconds to debunk these things. But I still don't get why people engage.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Registered voters is not
All you need to do is post facts.

Like How many registered voters are there in Pennsylvania? The number is over 9 million.

How many votes were counted in the election?

Just under 7 million.

It takes two seconds to debunk these things. But I still don't get why people engage.
Nothing of what you said debunks this:

Status
Not open for further replies.