Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Bruh

When you ride with Republicans, you ride with Stalin. When do we start to gulag the kulaks?

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
"Republicans can't be trusted because they forgot what the weather was on a certain day!"
Yeah, you've convinced me.
Mmm no. Its not that they forgot, they lied. Trump claimed the sun came out during his speech. It did not, because it was recorded and broadcast in real time. And we have meteorologists who you know, are climate and weather scientists. Its not about remembering, its about watching vs taking on faith. One side, reality, we watch the video and see the rain clouds have not broken and it continues to rain. The other side, faith, don't watch, and don't want to watch, because the idea of the sun coming out is the truth.

See this is why no one takes you seriously. You legitimately believe there's a chance the weather is biased against Republicans.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
See this is why no one takes you seriously. You legitimately believe there's a chance the weather is biased against Republicans.
No, I'm just not using something as trivial as whether or it was sunny or cloudy as an excuse to justify my irrational hatred of ideological opponents.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
No, I'm just not using something as trivial as whether or it was sunny or cloudy as an excuse to justify my irrational hatred of ideological opponents.
And I'm using something as trivial as whether or not they can tell the truth on the weather as a bar of honesty. Only the compulsive feel a need to lie about the weather, and think they can get away with it. If someone thinks they can get away with lying about the weather, it shows how little they think of you and the truth.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
And I'm using something as trivial as whether or not they can tell the truth on the weather
In order to determine if one has lied, you need to know that they are well aware of the truth, but are choosing to deceive you. Are you a mind-reader? How do you know that he was not, as people often do, misremembering an event through rose-colored glasses?

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
In order to determine if one has lied, you need to know that they are well aware of the truth, but are choosing to deceive you. Are you a mind-reader? How do you know that he was not, as people often do, misremembering an event through rose-colored glasses?
That's a fantastic point! We should hold inquires into whether or not Republicans can be trusted to observe something as simple as the weather! I dare say you're onto something, every Republican should have to prove they're capable of remembering the weather from yesterday, before they're allowed to take any official office. We'll have to hold hearings of course, so they have a chance in court to prove they understand such things, and a chance for opposition to provide relevant counter testimony.
Lets you and I get together on the whether or not Republicans can see the Weather proportion of 2021.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
That's a fantastic point! We should hold inquires into whether or not Republicans can be trusted to observe something as simple as the weather! I dare say you're onto something, every Republican should have to prove they're capable of remembering the weather from yesterday, before they're allowed to take any official office. We'll have to hold hearings of course, so they have a chance in court to prove they understand such things, and a chance for opposition to provide relevant counter testimony.
Lets you and I get together on the whether or not Republicans can see the Weather proportion of 2021.
Sure, why not

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
It’s not hatred bro. It just don’t agree with your view of the world.

It’s not irrational, that’s just you dismissing something because you don’t like what they say

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020

Look at all the lies Obama told, that must mean Democrat politicians are all horrible, evil people!
Right?
No?

Funny how that works. Democrats tell lies, nothing happens.
Republican mistakes the weather and you're enemies for life.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country

Look at all the lies Obama told, that must mean Democrat politicians are all horrible, evil people!
Right?
No?

Funny how that works. Democrats tell lies, nothing happens.
Republican mistakes the weather and you're enemies for life.
Now look up Trump's factcheck page.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Now look up Trump's factcheck page.
Don't need to. The baseline threshold is one lie about the weather before a person is irredeemable. Any lie greater than that must therefore mean the person is also irredeemable.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Don't need to. The baseline threshold is one lie about the weather before a person is irredeemable. Any lie greater than that must therefore mean the person is also irredeemable.
Where do you come up with this stuff?

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Yes, good for you, you've learned something! A good baseline threshold for a government is whether they're willing to lie about the weather from the day before. Yes! That is a very good baseline understanding of both politics and reality in general. Do not trust people who tell you yesterday was bright and sunny, when you both were in the same location and you know it was raining. This is one step above trusting a government to tell you the correct day of the week. This shouldn't be very hard for you.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Yes, good for you, you've learned something! A good baseline threshold for a government is whether they're willing to lie about the weather from the day before. Yes! That is a very good baseline understanding of both politics and reality in general. Do not trust people who tell you yesterday was bright and sunny, when you both were in the same location and you know it was raining. This is one step above trusting a government to tell you the correct day of the week. This shouldn't be very hard for you.
So the democrats are just as bad as the republicans. Got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.