The Official Screenshot Thread

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Already posted some of these, but I'm playing Kiwami 2, so thought I'd do another one of these comparison thingies i.e. same location in Yakuza 0, Kiwami 1 and Kiwami 2

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Fyi, I haven't actually tried it, but I know there's a photo mode in Doom '16. If it's like Eternal's, it's in the game settings when you replay levels via mission select. When enabled, there should be a tooltip on your ingame hud prompting you to press a key to activate it. Tho if it's like Eternal's, the tooltip is actually wrong and you need to press alt + that key.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Just a friendly reminder that Kiryu Kazuma has never killed anyone.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Fyi, I haven't actually tried it, but I know there's a photo mode in Doom '16. If it's like Eternal's, it's in the game settings when you replay levels via mission select. When enabled, there should be a tooltip on your ingame hud prompting you to press a key to activate it. Tho if it's like Eternal's, the tooltip is actually wrong and you need to press alt + that key.
Cool thanks. I was just reading about that after posting these, because I’m tired of Fraps acting up and the Steam screenshots are crummy jpeg. Going to have to try the in game one (also thought this game has Ansel functionality but couldn’t get the shortcut to work).

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Cool thanks. I was just reading about that after posting these, because I’m tired of Fraps acting up and the Steam screenshots are crummy jpeg. Going to have to try the in game one (also thought this game has Ansel functionality but couldn’t get the shortcut to work).
Since you mentioned Ansel, I just use the screenshot function of Geforce Experience. It makes no frills screenies, but it works anywhere anytime, since it basically just dumps whatever frame your gpu was putting out as a png.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Since you mentioned Ansel, I just use the screenshot function of Geforce Experience. It makes no frills screenies, but it works anywhere anytime, since it basically just dumps whatever frame your gpu was putting out as a png.
Have you ever taken the ultra high res screens or 3D ones with it? It saves in an unreadable format (don’t recall the extension), so I’m wondering what software or app is needed to view them.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Have you ever taken the ultra high res screens or 3D ones with it? It saves in an unreadable format (don’t recall the extension), so I’m wondering what software or app is needed to view them.
Can't say I have, but iirc, Ansel captures are either .exr or .raw files. Pretty sure Photoshop can open those, as should any professional raster graphics editor. Perhaps also GIMP, if you're looking for something free, tho I'm guessing it'll need a plugin to import raws.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Can't say I have, but iirc, Ansel captures are either .exr or .raw files. Pretty sure Photoshop can open those, as should any professional raster graphics editor. Perhaps also GIMP, if you're looking for something free, tho I'm guessing it'll need a plugin to import raws.
Just checked Nvidia’s official list straight from the GeForce interface and neither DOOM game has Ansel support from the looks of it. Which is ok, since it sounds like both games have a pretty robust photo mode anyways. I might try Ansel for MK11 soon though.