Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
So your argument is that any word or phrase that includes meat or meat accessories automatically filters down to the "piece of meat" phrase, which is derogatory for "woman"?

So to "beat one's meat" means to beat one's wife? Interesting...
"Where's the beef?" means "Where's the woman?"
"dead meat" means "dead woman"
"meathead" means "one who has women on their mind"'
"fresh meat" means "underage women"?
"put meat on one's bones" means "to... eat women?"
"beefcake" means "a good looking woman", as opposed to a "good looking/muscular man" as I've been lead to believe
No, I was just stating that a side of beer is literally made up pieces of meat.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Apparently, the phrase came from an officer: "“They threw her in like she was a side of beef,” a senior law enforcement official told The Daily Beast. "

----
Also new evidence:

Last edited:

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Also new evidence:
This is getting so fucking pathetic.

I've used a scanner. Sometimes you have to scan stuff more than once, as I'd have thought anybody who's used a scanner at work before would know. That's literally all there is on the video.

That video shows fuck all. Except an overworked individual who shouldn't have to put up with low-information nobodies online accusing her of shit, or the inevitable threats that ensue.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
It would follow military legal processes. Established, yes. Different, also yes.

The definition of "troll" seemed to have changed, since I was a kid, from "intentionally trying to annoy others" to "one who argues for the sake of it".
Entering many highly charged topics to only bring pedantic semantics is not trying to annoy?

Hell, entering highly charged, impactful world event topics looking to argue points regardless of your personal beliefs?

Those things are definitely the marks of someone out to annoy. Without even getting to the part where you select arguments based on their potential to frustrate and/or outrage.

I guess points for staying on brand for making an innane but ultimately inaccurate "Ah, but actually..."

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
This is getting so fucking pathetic.

I've used a scanner. Sometimes you have to scan stuff more than once, as I'd have thought anybody who's used a scanner at work before would know. That's literally all there is on the video.

That video shows fuck all. Except an overworked individual who shouldn't have to put up with low-information nobodies online accusing her of shit, or the inevitable threats that ensue.
It could be ballots being scanned according to procedure, clearing the duplicates between rounds.
Or it could be the duplicates aren't being cleared out and the votes keep going up, as the "drunk" blonde woman testifies.

Is anybody standing over her shoulder to check? No?
Then isn't it at least suspicious? Shouldn't there be an investigation? Isn't there a reasonable doubt?

Last edited:

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Without even getting to the part where you select arguments based on their potential to frustrate and/or outrage.
Do I? Or are certain sensitive people just frustrated or outraged when they are disagreed with?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
So your argument is that any word or phrase that includes meat or meat accessories automatically filters down to the "piece of meat" phrase, which is derogatory for "woman"?

So to "beat one's meat" means to beat one's wife? Interesting...
"Where's the beef?" means "Where's the woman?"
"dead meat" means "dead woman"
"meathead" means "one who has women on their mind"'
"fresh meat" means "underage women"?
"put meat on one's bones" means "to... eat women?"
"beefcake" means "a good looking woman", as opposed to a "good looking/muscular man" as I've been lead to believe.

Also, nice copy/paste from the first google result.
When has any of these instances you just provided ever been used to attack women solely? As you point out, beefcake bas been used on males which means its deliberately not written about women.

"pieces of meat" =/= "side of beef"
Words matter.
Because both of these have been used to attack a women

Words matter. Context matters

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
It could be ballots being scanned according to procedure, clearing the duplicates between rounds.
Or it could be the duplicates aren't being cleared out and the votes keep going up, as the "drunk" blonde woman testifies.

Is anybody standing over her shoulder to check? No?
Then isn't it at least suspicious? Shouldn't there be an investigation? Isn't there a reasonable doubt?
No. Because whats shown on the video is nothing out of the ordinary to anybody who's actually used a fucking scanner before. There's literally nothing suspicious.

Its not legally required for a Republican or Democratic poll-watcher to be present for every damn ballot going into a scanner. They have the right to be present and watch; but it is not required, and that's already been confirmed in court. Hell, such a process isn't considered necessary on any country on earth, and literally never has been.

It goes to show, yet again, how ignorant these people are of basic procedure (or... how scanners work), and how they will nonetheless immediately jump to fraud when they see anything they don't immediately expect to see, in a process they don't understand and haven't bothered to research.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
No. Because whats shown on the video is nothing out of the ordinary to anybody who's actually used a fucking scanner before. There's literally nothing suspicious.
We've had testimony from multiple witnesses saying that ballots are scanned in batches, not individually. So when something in the batch fails to scan, it counts all of those ballots minus the failed one. So 24 counted, 1 failed, process stopped

So if you run it through again, without clearing it, you'd get 48 counted.

Or if you just run though a batch twice, and there was no error, you'd get 50 counted. Assuming a batch of 25.

You don't know if it's procedure or fraud. There's reasonable doubt there. Saying there's nothing suspicious about ballots being run though multiple times is silly. This is an additive machine. It's not like you only need one good image and you can choose to select the last batch.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
When has any of these instances you just provided ever been used to attack women solely? As you point out, beefcake bas been used on males which means its deliberately not written about women.
Yeah, that's exactly my point.

Not every phrase involving meat has something to do with women. Silentpony's argument is that the opposite of true. "Beef = meat = women" is his logic. Thank you for agreeing with me.

Because both of these have been used to attack a women
And sleepy has been used to attack a man. Is it a gender specific term, then? No, of course not, both sexes can be sleepy. Both sexes can be tossed into a van like a side of beef. There's nothing gendered about either of those terms.

It's like you guys actively seek out things to be offended by, even if you have to squint to see it. "Hey, that cloud looks kind of like a dick!"

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
We've had testimony from multiple witnesses saying that ballots are scanned in batches, not individually. So when something in the batch fails to scan, it counts all of those ballots minus the failed one. So 24 counted, 1 failed, process stopped

So if you run it through again, without clearing it, you'd get 48 counted.

Or if you just run though a batch twice, and there was no error, you'd get 50 counted. Assuming a batch of 25.
Uh-huh. And if a scanner has an alignment error, which happens all the time, you have to scan again. Or if it fails to pick something up. Or if the orientation is wrong.

You don't know if it's procedure or fraud. There's reasonable doubt there. Saying there's nothing suspicious about ballots being run though multiple times is silly.
Its literally a routine part of using a scanner for more than a few minutes.

You may as well say I "don't know if its a morning jog or a murder is about to be committed" when I see someone pass by me in the street, and therefore the passerby is suspicious.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Uh-huh. And if a scanner has an alignment error, which happens all the time, you have to scan again. Or if it fails to pick something up. Or if the orientation is wrong.
Yep.
And you need to clear it out between scans unless you want duplicates to be counted.

So was procedure followed, or wasn't it? Was this a routine scanning error, or intentional fraud? You don't know. That's reasonable doubt and it needs to be investigated.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
''Trump lawyer insists he is not insane after tweeting Mike Pence should face execution by firing squad''

If during the Obama presidency people were predicting we'd see such downright bizare headlines under his successor they'd likely have thought it was a joke. And now here we are.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
So was procedure followed, or wasn't it? Was this a routine scanning error, or intentional fraud? You don't know. That's reasonable doubt and it needs to be investigated.
And there are no safeguards against this potential double scanning, is that the case?

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
If during the Obama presidency people were predicting we'd see such downright bizare headlines under his successor they'd likely have thought it was a joke. And now here we are.
To be fair hundreds of thousands of Americans dead, our international reputation ruined, and trillions added to the national debt is exactly what people thought would happen under Trump

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
And there are no safeguards against this potential double scanning, is that the case?
Not during the act. Nobody is looking over her shoulder to stop the process.
Afterwards, maybe. When it comes to a recount or audit, what do they count, and how are they counted?
What if someone finds problem in the recount, like duplicate signatures? Are they instructed to just shut up and count?

Justin Mealey, a former Arabic Linguist at NSA, CIA Contractor, who testified at GA a few days ago said in an AMA: "a manual recount will always add up to about the same total of whatever the tabulated numbers are (derived from ballot images), because you're just counting the same ballot images manually."

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Justin Mealey, a former Arabic Linguist at NSA, CIA Contractor
So does he have any experience actually related to the matter at hand? Otherwise this is just an appeal to authority fallacy...

who testified at GA a few days ago said in an AMA: "a manual recount will always add up to about the same total of whatever the tabulated numbers are (derived from ballot images), because you're just counting the same ballot images manually."
And Fred, a world renowned astrophysicist, from down the street told me they use time machines to go back and watch over voters' shoulders with invisible cameras.

Do either Fred or Mr. Mealey have proof? Of course not! I mean it's not like all that would require is showing the "how recounts occur" documentation from the states in question. Much better to go off unsubstantiated gossip.

Status
Not open for further replies.