Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Because of "Side of Beef"? That's has nothing to do with Hillary being female. It refers to the time that she was unstable on her feet and had to be tossed into the back of her vehicle like a side of beef
If you're referring to the time she stumbled and needed support, I'm gonna need you to show her being tossed, and prove she's tossed like a side of beef. Otherwise yeah we're adding 'Sexists asshole' to your glowing list of character traits.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
If you're referring to the time she stumbled and needed support, I'm gonna need you to show her being tossed, and prove she's tossed like a side of beef. Otherwise yeah we're adding 'Sexists asshole' to your glowing list of character traits.
Hey, I don't make the memes, I just post them.

But you can google "Hillary side of beef" like yourself and see what results you get, just in case you're not being disingenuous and are actually ignorant of the meme.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Hey, I don't make the memes, I just post them.

But you can google "Hillary side of beef" like yourself and see what results you get, just in case you're not being disingenuous and are actually ignorant of the meme.
I don't give a shit about the meme, I'm asking for proof. You posted she has to be called a side of beef, because she was A. Tossed and B. Like a side of beef.
Prove those things, or you're sexist.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I don't give a shit about the meme
Well, it is a meme, and correctly understanding that it is A) a meme, and B) what the meme refers to is crucial to have a total understanding of it.
If you don't have a total understanding of it, you go half-cocked like a boomer who doesn't understand all of the in-jokes the kids are using these days.

So go do your meme research, and then get back to me later, and we can discuss "side of beef" when we're on the same level.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Well, it is a meme, and correctly understanding that it is A) a meme, and B) what the meme refers to is crucial to have a total understanding of it.
If you don't have a total understanding of it, you go half-cocked like a boomer who doesn't understand all of the in-jokes the kids are using these days.

So go do your meme research, and then get back to me later, and we can discuss "side of beef" when we're on the same level.
So you're sexist, got it! Thanks for making it clear

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
So you're sexist, got it! Thanks for making it clear
Oh no, I've been called sexist by someone who doesn't understand memes and refuses to look them up, please no anything but that.

Last edited:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Oh no, I've been called sexist by someone who doesn't understand memes and refuses to look them up, please no anything but that.
Did the meme just name call Hillary or did it do it to Biden and Trump too?

How does the side of beef meme make it okay to call her a side of beef?

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Pfft. It's just part of the systematic contempt Republicans and thus via them Houseman show for their opponents. I don't particularly begrudge them it, it's not like they don't get plenty in return.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
That's the point of making fun of someone, it's not "okay" in the sense that it doesn't adhere to the strictest norms of etiquette and politeness. But we do it anyway because we derive pleasure from it in certain situations.

Weird how I have to explain the concept of name-calling.

Did the meme just name call Hillary or did it do it to Biden and Trump too?
Well, Trump wasn't in the meme, Biden and Obama were. But no, the meme only name-called Hillary.
Are you going to try and claim that if only one person is insulted in a group, it must be because of some inherent trait that makes them different, like their gender or race, even if the insult isn't based on such a trait?

If Biden were named "Sleepy", maybe you'd say that I'm being racist and misandrist against white males?
I very much doubt that

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
That's the point of making fun of someone, it's not "okay" in the sense that it doesn't adhere to the strictest norms of etiquette and politeness. But we do it anyway because we derive pleasure from it in certain situations.

Weird how I have to explain the concept of name-calling.

Well, Trump wasn't in the meme, Biden and Obama were. But no, the meme only name-called Hillary.
Are you going to try and claim that if only one person is insulted in a group, it must be because of some inherent trait that makes them different, like their gender or race, even if the insult isn't based on such a trait?

If Biden were named "Sleepy", maybe you'd say that I'm being racist and misandrist against white males?
I very much doubt that
For calling someone sleepy? Is sleepy a stereotype for males? Because I'm only pointing out times when a stereotype that has been regularly used to dehumanise someone to create an insult (so sleepy maybe ageist. But I'd call the mental disorder parade against Trump and Biden far more ageist than sleepy)

Just checking you know that women get called pieces of meat to dehumanise them? It's not a suprise that certain people was calling her beef and not something else

Yep, I would have been way cooler with this if it name called people equally. Deporter in Chief. Sleepy Joe. Also this is doing it targeting someone and then using a stereotype

Reactions: Avnger

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
One could at least argue that the Trump camp was pushing discrimination against the elderly with the constant bombardment of warnings that old Biden was secretly extremely senile and unfit for the job. This despite them amusingly pushing a very old candidate too, one who's family has a history of early dementia and who already shows signs of mental decline.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
For calling someone sleepy? Is sleepy a stereotype for males?
Is "a side of beef" a stereotype for women? I've never heard that before.

Just checking you know that women get called pieces of meat
"pieces of meat" =/= "side of beef"
Words matter.

Like SilentPony, maybe you should read up on the meme before leaping to inaccurate conclusions.

One could at least argue that the Trump camp was pushing discrimination against the elderly
Sure, perfectly reasonable.
And then Biden will die or otherwise be rendered unfit and then Trump's camp will be vindicated. "See? We told you!"

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
pieces of meat" =/= "side of beef
Just so you're aware so you don't embarrass yourself in mixed company or your "job", a side of beef is literally a piece of meat. A side of beef is one half of the animal after it has been dressed. A 'side' is then broken down into larger pieces called primals. Those are then broken down into cuts of meat for customers at butcher shops.
A side of beef is literally lots of pieces of meat. So your "argument" in true Houseman the sexist troll form, is essentially "Its not a car, its a Toyota Sienna."

Last edited:

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Sure, perfectly reasonable.
And then Biden will die or otherwise be rendered unfit and then Trump's camp will be vindicated. "See? We told you!"
Well not really. Its not exactly uncommon for presidents to pass away in office. But that wasn't the case the Trump camp was making. They went very over the top about it and didn't just say the guy barely any older then Trump was too old and that it would create future problems, they instead went with the argument that he was already extremely senile. It got to the point where all Biden was required to do in order to counter that narrative was merely show up to the debates without forgetting to put on pants. After that they quickly tried to pin something else on Biden.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Just so you're aware so you don't embarrass yourself in mixed company or your "job", a side of beef is literally a piece of meat. A side of beef is one half of the animal after it has been dressed. A 'side' is then broken down into larger pieces called primals. Those are then broken down into cuts of meat for customers at butcher shops.
A side of beef is literally lots of pieces of meat. So your "argument" in true Houseman the sexist troll form, is essentially "Its not a car, its a Toyota Sienna."
So your argument is that any word or phrase that includes meat or meat accessories automatically filters down to the "piece of meat" phrase, which is derogatory for "woman"?

So to "beat one's meat" means to beat one's wife? Interesting...
"Where's the beef?" means "Where's the woman?"
"dead meat" means "dead woman"
"meathead" means "one who has women on their mind"'
"fresh meat" means "underage women"?
"put meat on one's bones" means "to... eat women?"
"beefcake" means "a good looking woman", as opposed to a "good looking/muscular man" as I've been lead to believe.

Also, nice copy/paste from the first google result.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.