Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
I do not support this. Storming the capitol, acts of violence, bombs, any of it.
I think it would have been better if they would have protested peacefully outside the capitol, and let the debates go on.
Hmm, maybe these events have shown that debate bros either were wrong all that time, or simply suck at it.

Atleast those common "debates" on social media, that greatly contributed to the conspiracy paranoia, tribalism and everything we've seen today.

Food for thought.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Hmm, maybe these events have shown that debate bros either were wrong all that time, or simply suck at it.
Or neither. It's not like all those people who broke in the capitol were watching the debates, decided it wasn't working, and decided to take matters into their own hands.

The "debates" I'm speaking of are the house and senate debates after one of each objected to the AZ electors, to be clear.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Then you must not have been paying attention to all the BLM riots, because that's how multiple people, including people here, defending the destruction of property. "It's just property! It's not as if it's close to the value of a human life, which was taken from us! You shan't dare compare one to the other!"
Oh I get ya'. You're conflating underage armed terrorists like Kyle Rittenhouse traveling outside of state with a gun he's not old enough to own to shoot rioters destroying property that is not his with professional armed US Agents protecting the Capital building from swarms of trespassing terrorists involved in the destruction and vandalization of US Government property.

I didn't, actually.
You did and you are continuing to do it.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Oh I get ya'. You're conflating underage armed terrorists like Kyle Rittenhouse traveling outside of state with a gun he's not old enough to own to shoot rioters destroying property that is not his with professional armed US Agents protecting the Capital building from swarms of trespassing terrorists involved in the destruction and vandalization of US Government property.
No, I'm saying that "it's just property!" is the defense made after people attempt to condemn BLM as a violent mob, citing looting and arson as their evidence.
But lo and behold, nobody is using the same defense now.

So yes, the double standards are on full display.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Sadly your probably right. Even more so a Trump will still be egging them on until the family ceases to exist.

But after this I thinking that the Biden/Harris inauguration will most likely be held behind closed doors, in a secure location.
Most of these people were there from some trump cheerleader show he had then told them to go mess up things. So they have stuff to do tomorrow. I heard twitter actually blocked trumps account temporarily because of this. I have a feeling Biden will still have his inauguration in the usual place, but you can bet there will be a lot more security and the national guard will probably be on call.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Different standard because it wasn't the US capital building.
So attacking government property is permissible or not based on what, exactly? Based on who it is that does the attacking? Do you have a line drawn, or are you just making this up as you go?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Guess they should a have just tried to burn down portland's courthouse instead. They'd have been cheered as heros then right? That's how it works right?

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
This guy is such a pussy. He always stokes the flame, but as soon as it gets too big he backs off. You might as well burn everything to the ground now that you are evicted. Just own it, bro.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
So attacking government property is permissible or not based on what, exactly? Based on who it is that does the attacking? Do you have a line drawn, or are you just making this up as you go?
Do you have evidence of BLM storming a US federal Government building or not? Because yes, Federal Government buildings are a different league of their own.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Do you have evidence of BLM storming a US federal Government building or not? Because yes, Federal Government buildings are a different league of their own.
Yes, actually: https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime...federal-buildings-during-blm-protest-2123868/

But it seems the distinction between "attacking state government buildings" and "attacking federal government buildings" seems to be flimsy and lacking any real substance. Dissatisfaction with government is dissatisfaction with government. The only difference is how big the government is.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Courthouses are often federal property. Attacking the courthouse in Portland was how the national guard got deployed there, cause it was an attack on federal property. I'm not personally inclined to blame those riots on the BLM movement, but that definitely happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.