Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I think I said elsewhere that I disagree with basically every position you hold and things you say, but fucking hell did you and yours deserve a better representative than Donald Trump.
I agree.

But I also think that one of the main reasons that non-Trumper Republicans had so much poor representation from Donald Trump is that they facilitated him. They caved into him when they should have stood firm, excused him many times when they should have damned him.

Lindsay Graham for instance stood up and said it's been a wild ride, but he finally has to break with the president. And there dribble out the weak words representing all the chickenshit Republicans who chose complicity with a fundamentally dangerous and unfit president.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
So do we apply that to all the people in #Notmypresident for the past 4 years too. You know just to be sure and fair?
If that's a legitimate question, where would one actually begin? It was a common rallying cry for the right during the Obama years.

I wasn't political back then, but supposedly the same was done for Bush during his terms. Where would you actually stop?

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
You're good, I got what you meant.
Because more and more these extreme displays of partisanship are becoming the norm in the US. Waving them off saying its just an anomaly is a contributing factor of this progression, because lots of people aren't adequately addressing it. They brush it off, and these extreme events happen again and again and again...
I really to believe the opposite. You're treating it as though something has to be causing extreme events and tribalism, but extreme events and tribalism are the natural state of society. These things will continue to happen everywhere forever, and the key is to operate a civilized society in spite of people's natural inclination toward violence.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
If that's a legitimate question, where would one actually begin? It was a common rallying cry for the right during the Obama years.

I wasn't political back then, but supposedly the same was done for Bush during his terms. Where would you actually stop?
Exactly

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
As far as I've heard from some leftie protester, this is actually an effective way to reduce the effect of mace.

No, that doesn't make sense to me. I would have automatically said onion fumes would make it worse. I'm just passing on info
Milk is the fluid of choice.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Because more and more these extreme displays of partisanship are becoming the norm in the US. Waving them off saying its just an anomaly is a contributing factor of this progression, because lots of people aren't adequately addressing it. They brush it off, and these extreme events happen again and again and again...
Once again posts the thing people keep refusing to read or pretending not to because they somehow thing their side will win this if only they demonise and attack the other side harder and more viciously.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No it's because of all the lies.
You mean like the lie there was absolutely 0 voter fraud (to be clear not saying there was any super organised fraud or anywhere near enough fraud for a Steal of for Trump to have won, just pointing out there were claims thrown round there was no fraud at all)

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
You mean like the lie there was absolutely 0 voter fraud (to be clear not saying there was any super organised fraud or anywhere near enough fraud for a Steal of for Trump to have won, just pointing out there were claims thrown round there was no fraud at all)
I don't remember him ever claiming that, be weird if he did tbh.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
I don't remember him ever claiming that, be weird if he did tbh.
No one claimed that. Except dwarven, who insists that because phrases like significant or widespread weren't used every single time, that it defaults to saying there was 0. Trolls gonna troll.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
"Twitter is evil for silencing the voices of the right! They should let calls for violence and killing proliferate, like Parler does!"
Sad thing is that's not even satire, it's pretty much exactly the shit I be seeing them saying on the very platform they claim is censoring them. Some appear to be trying for wanting it too. One of many a pitiful example of hilariously desperate attempts from profiles begging to be martyrd lately;

IMG_20210109_140300.jpg

It's not uncommon trend of behaviour either, seeking to create themselves a shared victim narrative.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Tomorrow: "We should all respect Trump for conceding and what we need now is healing and togetherness."
Hey remember this?

Let's see if it comes true :D

Status
Not open for further replies.