Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
This is what got him banned...

In his final tweets, Trump stated he will not be attending the inauguration and referred to his “75,000,000” supporters as "great American Patriots", saying they will “MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN” and will have "a GIANT VOICE long into the future".

“They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!” Trump wrote
1610176222481.png
1610176247344.png
Twitter said these statements "are likely to inspire others to replicate the violent acts that took place on January 6, 2021, and that there are multiple indicators that they are being received and understood as encouragement to do so".

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
This is what got him banned...

In his final tweets, Trump stated he will not be attending the inauguration and referred to his “75,000,000” supporters as "great American Patriots", saying they will “MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN” and will have "a GIANT VOICE long into the future".

“They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!” Trump wrote
View attachment 2403
View attachment 2404
Twitter said these statements "are likely to inspire others to replicate the violent acts that took place on January 6, 2021, and that there are multiple indicators that they are being received and understood as encouragement to do so".

Lol death of the author begins and punishment for perceived offense starts it seems.

Lotta people gonna get banned and accused of Nazi symbols when they didn't realise half the shit was a Nazi symbol in the first place but some obsessive person just thought it meant that and so either replied that way and people reported it or was the one to report it and get it acted upon.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I'm suggesting you start fundamentally changing your behaviours and attitudes. You guys are reaching appalling bipartisan conflict. Instead of trying to draw away from this, your politicians and media are feeding it and the people are eating it all up.

Stop and take a long look in the mirror. America is no longer a world leader in anything worthwhile.
Is this before or after they're sent to the deprogramming camps or forced to watch the "Truth" and reconciliation council tell them all the lies they saw and can prove are actually to be accepted as the truth?

People are willing to move.

Biden has claimed to be willing to do so.

Some in Bidens party, like they were in 2016 when Hillary was up for election are telling people you either move to where we tell you which is where we are or we will metaphorically (or in some case appear to wish to literally) beat you into line.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Wow, that's never happened to left twitter

wait, it happens all the time to left twitter
Oddly it happened 1 like 3 month back.

Left wing twitter has had people publicly doxxing people (often even the wrong people) for weeks at one point before twitter took action.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Biden finally not pussy-footing around Trump.
Shame it took until this to speak plainly.

"I was told on the way over here that he indicated he wasn't going to show up at the inauguration," he told reporters in Wilmington, Delaware.

"[It's] one of the few things he and I have ever agreed on. It's a good thing, him not showing up. He's been an embarrassment to the country."

"He exceeded even my worst notions about him," Mr Biden added. "He's one of the most incompetent presidents in the history of the United States of America."

Reactions: Dalisclock

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Biden finally not pussy-footing around Trump.
Shame it took until this to speak plainly.

"I was told on the way over here that he indicated he wasn't going to show up at the inauguration," he told reporters in Wilmington, Delaware.

"[It's] one of the few things he and I have ever agreed on. It's a good thing, him not showing up. He's been an embarrassment to the country."

"He exceeded even my worst notions about him," Mr Biden added. "He's one of the most incompetent presidents in the history of the United States of America."

Tomorrow: "We should all respect Trump for conceding and what we need now is healing and togetherness."

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Well if Continuum continues to have been a worryingly correct protection of future events for a Sci-Fi TV show 2030 is when the corporate congress forms and either the corporation wars begin or we end up in the authoritarian dystopia and Liber8 running round blowing things up.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Ok, but if I say "calm down, this is ridiculous nonsense that doesn't accomplish anything, and it's not representative of normal party politics, and you're feeding into it and giving it more power than it deserves", half the Escapist including you dogpiles me for supposedly defending criminals.
I think in some cases that's the point. They just hope their side will have least bodies in the end on it after they stir things up

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I find it wildly depressing that the president of the United States doesn't understand free speech.
Because he law vs the concept are two very different things.

Application of the law itself means The Comics Code Authority, The Hays Code and other such stuff was perfectly fine because it wasn't the government restricting said peoples artistic freedom and voice.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
"The rapist was just really horny" "He just really wanted to kill his girlfriend" "If they didn't want to be killed, they wouldn't be Jewish"

This is the side of history you're on just so you know.
Or you know he actually was at his job that night as CCTV footage and multiple witnesses confirm which is over 30 minutes from the location the attack happened and he was never out of CCTV view for more than 5 mnutes.

You know like happen after Rolling Stones printed their article and ended up in court over it.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
yeh but now the POTUS account is banned too lol. They're going to have to unban it to hand it over to Biden and hope Trump doesn't log in between the unban and the hand over.
Except that it's not. You're so low effort that it's disgusting.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
yeh but now the POTUS account is banned too lol. They're going to have to unban it to hand it over to Biden and hope Trump doesn't log in between the unban and the hand over.
Alternatively the US government could remember that it is a governing body and not a fucking YouTube influencer and stay off Twitter in all capacity and deliver its messages as it always done.

Status
Not open for further replies.