Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
So do we apply that to all the people in #Notmypresident for the past 4 years too. You know just to be sure and fair?
Absolutely. All the presidents which spent the last few months declaring they won the election in spite of the results, who are fleeing the country immediately before the inauguration should be held to this standard. Every one of them.

I legitimately felt like I was describing some third world shithole just now.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I'm not sure his whole presidency wasn't a gigantic coping strategy.
How else would we know his Penis is YUGE?

IT"S NOT TINY! STOP ASKING ME IF IT"S TINY! MAGA!

Or he's insecure for other reasons.

I can only imagine this is the end result when you never tell your kids "no" and literally give them everything they want when they throw tantrums.

Because the extended temper trantrum the last....*Looks at Watch*......5 or so years has been makes me wonder what the fuck kind of childhood he had.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Novgorod

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
These actions were powerless. That's not defending them or being in favor of them. That's saying there's literally zero chance storming Congress was going to have any meaningful impact on the changing of the president. You are entertaining these people's delusions, and you're telling me that I'm supporting them if I don't.
It's easy to claim that they're powerless once they fail. But I can bet that you were hoping for them to succeed.

And just because most of the terrorists who went there are incompetent doesn't mean that they shouldn't be taken seriously. A part of the terrorists who were there went with a purpose and with gear to do a very specific job. At the very least they were planning to take hostages and there's evidence that they were attempting to execute the Vice President of the US.

And you're downplaying it. You're just as full of shit as any Trump supporter. And you're not fooling anyone.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Absolutely. All the presidents which spent the last few months declaring they won the election in spite of the results, who are fleeing the country immediately before the inauguration should be held to this standard. Every one of them.

I legitimately felt like I was describing some third world shithole just now.
No not just presidents.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Ok to give people something to do here:

Insane things Trump could do just as he's officially left office.

I'll start.

Trump whips out his penis on livestream to try and prove it's not as tiny and wierd shaped as it's been claimed in the media then while pantless tells the world that there are aliens they made contact with earth but then they looked like giant devils so the government chose to keep their existence secret over concern it might cause tensions with world religions.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
there's evidence that they were attempting to execute the Vice President of the US.
Hadn't heard that. Not saying you're wrong, but why did they want to off him, apart from him turning out to be insufficiently evil?

Actually though, now that some of them are waking up and realising that Trump has betrayed them, but not waking up and realising they are evil, is Trump going to have to dodge former Trump cultists out for his blood?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

Interesting if true. Very interesting indeed.
As far as I've heard from some leftie protester, this is actually an effective way to reduce the effect of mace.

No, that doesn't make sense to me. I would have automatically said onion fumes would make it worse. I'm just passing on info

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I think in some cases that's the point. They just hope their side will have least bodies in the end on it after they stir things up
I think that's a little too Machiavellian for this crowd. Other than a couple accelerationist communists who will tell you directly that they hope for the fall of civilization, I think most of the people here are just trying to "win" the argument.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
As far as I've heard from some leftie protester, this is actually an effective way to reduce the effect of mace.
Mace and other pepper spray variants are just irritant chemicals. Most of it will be washed out of the eyes in tears or absorbed and metabolised in the body. The logical thing to do is wash it out faster to reduce absorption if you're quick. An onion might achieve this if it causes more tear production.

I suspect the best thing is eyewash, if you can apply it rapidly. Take too long, it will probably be absorbed into the tissues of and around the eye and you're not getting it out quickly by almost any mechanism.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
It's easy to claim that they're powerless once they fail. But I can bet that you were hoping for them to succeed.

And just because most of the terrorists who went there are incompetent doesn't mean that they shouldn't be taken seriously. A part of the terrorists who were there went with a purpose and with gear to do a very specific job. At the very least they were planning to take hostages and there's evidence that they were attempting to execute the Vice President of the US.

And you're downplaying it. You're just as full of shit as any Trump supporter. And you're not fooling anyone.
So because I'm a Republican, you've decided that everything I have to say about this event is a lie, and also that I support executing the Republican vice president? That makes sense.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
So because I'm a Republican, you've decided that everything I have to say about this event is a lie, and also that I support executing the Republican vice president? That makes sense.
I think I said elsewhere that I disagree with basically every position you hold and things you say, but fucking hell did you and yours deserve a better representative than Donald Trump.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Ok, but if I say "calm down, this is ridiculous nonsense that doesn't accomplish anything, and it's not representative of normal party politics, and you're feeding into it and giving it more power than it deserves", half the Escapist including you dogpiles me for supposedly defending criminals.
Because more and more these extreme displays of partisanship are becoming the norm in the US. Waving them off saying its just an anomaly is a contributing factor of this progression, because lots of people aren't adequately addressing it. They brush it off, and these extreme events happen again and again and again...

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Because more and more these extreme displays of bipartisanship are becoming the norm in the US. Waving them off saying its just an anomaly is a contributing factor of this progression, because lots of people aren't adequately addressing it. They brush it off, and these extreme events happen again and again and again...
Uh, I think you just mean partisanship. Bipartisanship is cooperating with your opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.