Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I'm frightened that some of you can have so much hate in your hearts for another human being. I shudder to think what that hate would do if turned to action.
What's funnier.
Some of them will be getting behind the person responsible for bankrupting Toys R Us soon because he said Trump is bad.

People hate Trump because he's the World Wrestling Federation of Politicians.
To Elaborate because it's likely needed. Before WWE took off as huge when it was the WWF which was still pretty big it had trouble getting advertising. Why? Because WWF was seen as the grown men fighting thing that only hicks and their kids watched. It wasn't for "civilised people" as such in the USA and no I'm not just making this up I can point to sources saying this and also have the fun anecdotal proof of my Uncle's trip to America where he brought back a wrestling figure for me at the time.

Time have changed and the WWE is seen fairly different now. It was seen as better a year or two ago before revelations and scandals and Crazy Vice having a more crazy moments happened but that's because attitudes in the US changed towards it.

In the UK you could be dirt poor or stinking rich at school and you can bet the Sunday afternoon / Friday Night wrestling got talked about. Hell the richer people would talk about what happened on Raw and Smackdown too not just the lesser shows on free channels.

Trump is seen as popular among people others find icky and wouldn't want to be near so because they like him he must be terrible. Trump hasn't done much to throw off the lets say uncooth image he's developed either so it's easy to paint him being well Trump as a sign he's a villain.

The claim is Trump conned people or set up scams. Likely a decent bit of what he's done was legal one way or another but not great. The thing is he didn't do it the "sophisticated" way like bankrupting Toys R Us and still coming out ahead with profits

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
oh no, not happiness
We're just coming off the tail end of a conversation of "oh Trump is so hateful" and now you're over here like "yeah, we're happy people got killed" and someone LIKED your post.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
We're just coming off the tail end of a conversation of "oh Trump is so hateful" and now you're over here like "yeah, we're happy people got killed" and someone LIKED your post.
And the crypto-fascist pretends he has the high ground...

Big talk coming from the one who advocated for Trump to found his own SS.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
And the crypto-fascist pretends he has the high ground...

Big talk coming from the one who advocated for Trump to found his own SS.
I have repeatedly said I thought you meant "secret service". Repeatedly and knowingly misinterpreting a quote is not "the high ground".

Nick said he didn't want us snipping at each-other, using labels, and not being civil, so if you want "the high ground" following this forums own rules would be a good start, don't you think?

Or just send whatever insults you have to me via PM and be satisfied, and the rest of us will discuss the issues.

Last edited:

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Houseman clearly didn't know what you meant when you said SS.

He thought you meant Steam Ship, commonly abbreviated as SS <ShipName>. Because Trump clearly needs his own steamship.
Accurate. And since he doesn't look at context from five minutes previously, he missed the discussion being about secret police.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
The high ground, everybody.
Protip, the SS were a secret service. You trying to say you thought SS meant secret service doesn't actually change what we're criticizing you over, wanting Trump to have his own secret police.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
"You can't use my words and actions against me, that's unfair!"

Look, we(well, I) know it was said as an intentionally ambigious joke. You knew what the tone and context were and you said it so you could set up the "Ahah! I meant this, not that, stop projecting your bad intentions on me!" It's a portion of your bad faith behaviour.

But, you said it. And as a champion of context you lord yourself to be, you set yourself up to be quoted on it into the future. It's the problem with blurring so many styles of shit stirring together, sometimes they clash.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Protip, the SS were a secret service. You trying to say you thought SS meant secret service doesn't actually change what we're criticizing you over, wanting Trump to have his own secret police.
Except I never said I wanted Trump to have his own secret police. You said "Oh so you're okay with him having his own SS" where I thought SS meant Secret Service, and I said, in response, " Why would I not be?"

Your "gotcha" is based on continually ignoring this clarification. You've done it multiple times now. You cannot plead ignorance. You are deliberately lying and attempt to deceive others.

1610258771121.png

The high ground, everybody!

At worst, I look a little silly for mistaking the abbreviation for Schutzstaffel to mean "Secret Service". My bad, everyone laugh it up.
At best, you look vindictive and petty for continually repeating a lie.

Look, we(well, I) know it was said as an intentionally ambigious joke.
No, I was not making a joke.

Is it so hard for you to believe that I forgot what the abbreviation was for an organization that existed before I was born?

Last edited:

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Let's not forget the original context either, as funny as it is to point out Houseman supports fascism.

Capture.PNG

Houseman in fact explicitly endorsed fascism. And then.

houseman.PNG

Reactions: Dalisclock

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Yep, I wouldn't have a problem with it, where "it" means "a vigilante paramilitary force..." as long as they're properly deputized/federalized.
Which means "according to the law".
If there was some scenario, where Trump could legally overturn the election, I'd be okay with it.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
And for further fun, Trump did in fact tap a vigilante paramilitary force to try and overturn the election. Imagine that.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
No, I was not making a joke.

Is it so hard for you to believe that I forgot what the abbreviation was for an organization that existed before I was born?
Given that you immediately referenced it in your turnabout/gotcha, yes, it is hard to believe.

How does not being okay with the Secret Service help the image of being a " rational socratic devil's-advocate debater" instead of a oh wait by SS you guys mean Hitler's SS, not the Secret Service, is that why everyone is confused?
Someone said something the other day about these not being cham boards and we can look back at your previous posts. Seems apt right now.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Given that you immediately referenced it in your turnabout/gotcha, yes, it is hard to believe.
Immediately? Check the timestamps.
I referenced it because time elapsed, and during that time I figured out why everyone was confused.

If you find it hard to believe, that might be an issue of presuming bad faith from people who don't share your beliefs. That can be easily be fixed by learning empathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.