2019-2020 coronavirus pandemic (Vaccination 2021 Edition)

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Random bit of trivia, during WW2, one reason the UK could get people to accept food rationing was that it applied to everyone and the rich and powerful weren't avoiding it (or at least not widescale and blatantly). Eleanor Roosevelt said she was served the same National Loaf as everyone else when she was at Buckingham Palace. On fancy plates, mind.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Random bit of trivia, during WW2, one reason the UK could get people to accept food rationing was that it applied to everyone and the rich and powerful weren't avoiding it (or at least not widescale and blatantly). Eleanor Roosevelt said she was served the same National Loaf as everyone else when she was at Buckingham Palace. On fancy plates, mind.
They also demanded grains from India, causing a huge famine, killing millions

Some are more equal than others

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Reactions: tippy2k2

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010

My God we have too many stupid fucking people in this country...
Yeah, I'll have to stop complaining about cliched stupid people in zombie films putting everyone else at risk.

Some are more equal than others
True.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Yeah, I'll have to stop complaining about cliched stupid people in zombie films putting everyone else at risk.
I've been thinking that for a while now.

Me Before Covid
"People would never be stupid enough to help a zombie plague along"

Me Now
"Welp, I guess I was Naïve about just stupid people can be".

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
It wasn't that food was shipped out of India to create a shortfall in India, but that the war damaged the internal Indian economy and distribution system, and the standard famine relief systems failed. Although this should not sugar-coat the ineffectuality of the administration of India to work out a fix, or the disinterest in London.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Wtf, some assholes are publishing and delivering a literal conspiracy theory newspaper around these parts, called "The Light - a """""truthpaper"""""" ...it's quite official looking too, a lot of effort has gone into it. Appears to cover a lot of the current dodgy pandemic-hoax/qanon shit mixed in with real news but only the type of news consciously cherry-picked so that if you already have those biases, just validates them more. Is this actually legal? Am I able to report them at all?

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Wtf, some assholes are publishing and delivering a literal conspiracy theory newspaper around these parts, called "The Light - a """""truthpaper"""""" ...it's quite official looking too, a lot of effort has gone into it. Appears to cover a lot of the current dodgy pandemic-hoax/qanon shit mixed in with real news but only the type of news consciously cherry-picked so that if you already have those biases, just validates them more. Is this actually legal? Am I able to report them at all?
Yep. That cropped up a few months back.

They are legal, as it is legal to print utter bollocks (outside the usual specific offenses of defamation, etc.) That reminds me, I need report a text message HMRC scam someone sent me.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Too late to edit, damn. Ok, seems a common phrase and theory these people believe is "the great reset" which apparently justifies motive for everything

ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg

ezgif.com-gif-maker-1.jpg

ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.jpg

Looks like a family job

IMG20210131154045.jpg

Oh, hang on...what have we here? An ex UKiP member known for moaning about "cultural marxism" who has just headed a new political party called "the heritage party" claiming to be about "faith, flag and liberty" *shudder* is their main hope?

ezgif.com-gif-maker-3.jpg

And you'd better believe he's already compared BLM protests to anti-lockdown protest claiming the real oppressed people are indeed the anti-lockdowners. This kunt's a grifter, straight out the american conservative playbook.

Last edited:

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Yep. That cropped up a few months back.

They are legal, as it is legal to print utter bollocks (outside the usual specific offenses of defamation, etc.) That reminds me, I need report a text message HMRC scam someone sent me.
Ah of course. Not only that, but this misinformation just so happens to coincidentally aid the Tories in passing the blame for their failures onto an increasingly misinformed public. So many levels of frustrating bullshit.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Too late to edit, damn. Ok, seems a common phrase and theory these people believe is "the great reset" which apparently justifies motive for everything
"The Great Reset" is basically just an idea for more environmentally sustainable policies.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Well that explains why it's getting demonised as the "elites" motive behind the whole conspiracy then. *Sigh*
The funny thing about these cretins is that for all their bleating about the evil elites, all they're really doing is distracting people from paying attention to the obvious and important ways the elites run the show. Lobbying for massive tax breaks and deregulation is apparently just too mundane for them.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
"The Great Reset" is basically just an idea for more environmentally sustainable policies.
I mean, it mostly isn't that. It's partially that.

It's just this years branding of the World Economic Forum claiming we need a fundamental change to global economics.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
It's just this years branding of the World Economic Forum claiming we need a fundamental change to global economics.
We do need a fundamental change to global economics. When there's massive angst and unhappiness in the richest and most successful societies in the world, it should tell you that something is seriously wrong.

We're used to lefties harping on about this, but evidently large chunks of the right are coming to that conclusion, too.