Zack Snyder’s Justice League

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Watchmen's interesting because it's basically Alan Moore going "yeah if you make superheroes realistic they'd be violent emotionally stunted maniacs and would all ultimately be kind of pathetic" and thousands of people like Zack Snyder read it and decided "yeah if you make superheroes realistic they'd be violent emotionally stunted maniacs which is actually really cool" so then we got the Watchmen movie which is basically just Watchmen but through the lens of someone who doesn't find protagonists either repulsive or sad.
There's probably a German word for something that's fine on its own but can still be blamed for causing a lot of sin.

A lot of Alan Moore's output is like that.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
There's probably a German word for something that's fine on its own but can still be blamed for causing a lot of sin.

A lot of Alan Moore's output is like that.
There's a lot of movies and TV shows where the core audience doesn't actually understand the core material they're watching, because a lot of people are just too lazy to analyze their media.

Fight Club and Evangelion are probably the two whose biggest fanbases are comprised of people who don't get them at all.

Reactions: BrawlMan

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I fairness to the Evangelion nerds, the people marketing and monetizing Eva *also* do not get Evangelion.
Like, sexy waifu figurines miss the point so very hard

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
There's a lot of movies and TV shows where the core audience doesn't actually understand the core material they're watching, because a lot of people are just too lazy to analyze their media.

Fight Club and Evangelion are probably the two whose biggest fanbases are comprised of people who don't get them at all.
Game of Thrones being one too. You only had to look at the outrage online when Daenerys Targaryen was revealed just to be another mad Targaryen you could understand it a bit because it was deliberately set up that way to be a reveal and screw with people's expectations but once the thing was revealed you only had to stop for a moment and look back and realise what had happened and the clues laid out and didn't need Tyrion the next episode explaining everything to the audience lol. As for Watchman, it's kind of funny that Rorschach isn't meant to be liked when another way to view it is as a commentary upon how even people who you share almost no views with can still make good points and not to dismiss them as a person. Rorschach cared about truth and didn't want a peace built on a lie because he knew eventually the lie would eat away and cause said peace to be unstable and crumble. He saw people in America as people he disliked, he talks about "Whores and degenerates" but for all that talk he still thinks they deserve to know the truth.

To give it a weird twist was Valerie wrong in V for Vendetta for telling the truth and having her integrity?

It's a bit of a strange thing to think about really when you get down to it.

Same with the ideas of peace and reality in Metal Gear Solid where it's the Patriot A.I.s controlling everything born in part of a lie that cost The Boss her life to set up and try to create.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
GoT's problem was that the writers whiffed hard on giving Dany a proper arc. There's a ton of seeding in seasons 1 and 2 about her having the Targaryen madness (dragging the assassins behind her horse, locking Xaro in his vault) and then it promptly dries up in later seasons as the showrunners realized people felt Dany was inspirational and really leaned into that. The end result is that Dany spends the final three seasons being a stubborn but mostly reasonable ruler that keeps harping on about her need to protect the common people... and then she 180s for no real reason and wants to kill them all, after spending one and a half season refusing to hurt the people of King's Landing. The execution is incredibly sloppy and it is mostly down to writers who totally dropped the ball.
I mean with Danny the groundwork was laid but they did whiff a bit in the final season with the turn happening a bit fast and not tat much more work put into that stuff.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
He ain't touching Sonic! The hedgehog got some good things going on; in spite of some past issues, and I don't need Zack Snyder to make it worse. Fuck that shit!
Roadmap:

Blur of Blue
Sonic v Shadow: Dawn of Furries
Amy Rose
League of Green Hill Zone
Tails!
Amy Rose 1984
League of Green Hill Zone: Director's Cut
The Shadow

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
(Catholic Wonder Woman)
Hmm...I dunno. I'm kind of liking the image of bondage nun Wonder Woman, telling some very bad girls to kneel and confess their sins to her, while she ties them up with the lasso. Yes I'm only enjoying that idea for the fetish fuel of it. Though I will say that the Batman: Holy Terror alternate story, was pretty good. It was an interesting take on the whole premise, and gave us a completely LUDICROUS fictional america, where the ultra religious had taken control, and enforced their religious doctrines on the entire country, subjugating and oppressing all other forms of thought as sins against their god, and thus punishable by death.....yep, TOTALLY fictional idea there. *looks around 2021* .....shit.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
He ain't touching Sonic! The hedgehog got some good things going on; in spite of some past issues, and I don't need Zack Snyder to make it worse. Fuck that shit!
He can't possibly make it any worse then Sonic '06.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Actually isn't Snyder's speed-up-speed-down style and butt rock edginess ideal for Sonic or at the very least Shadow the Hedgehog?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Actually isn't Snyder's speed-up-speed-down style and butt rock edginess ideal for Sonic or at the very least Shadow the Hedgehog?
Neither. Maybe Shadow the Hedgehog, but there are plenty of other action directors that can do it better than Zack's Snyder.