#001: Insert Coin

koobismo

Nov 21, 2014

The system's online, server's booting up, the ping's as low as it gets... A new game is about to begin.

Read Full Article

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
I've been really looking forward to this one kicking off. I loved the Marauder Shields comic, and I can't wait to see where this one goes.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
ffronw said:
I've been really looking forward to this one kicking off. I loved the Marauder Shields comic, and I can't wait to see where this one goes.
Hmmm...third time this week, can't be a coincidence. Must file this Shields character away for later investigation.

OT: This is an interesting contrast with the existing webcomics. Welcome aboard and I look forward to more!

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Barbas said:
Hmmm...third time this week, can't be a coincidence. Must file this Shields character away for later investigation.

OT: This is an interesting contrast with the existing webcomics. Welcome aboard and I look forward to more!
Seriously, Marauder Shields is an amazing take on Mass Effect. Set aside some time and check it out.

DayDark

Oct 31, 2007
Alright, you got me. Interesting art style, more realistic than usual webcomics.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Well this is a thing...

Love the artwork, and longer, story-based comics are definitely a refreshing change of pace. No idea whatsoever where it's going at this point, but I'm interested. :)

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
I'm liking the sites doing webcomics again, somewhere I just won a bet. I dunno though, something about the comic just rubs me the wrong way. No offense, it's just... off, if that makes any sense. Looking forward to see where it's going.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
I too am interested to see where this goes. I do like your style.

Is Marauder Shields (never forget) finished? I gotta catch up on that.

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
koobismo said:

The system's online, server's booting up, the ping's as low as it gets... A new game is about to begin.

Read Full Article
Hey there Koobs! Great start to the new comic series, I've been looking forawrd to this since you announced it on your web site.

Quantum Glass

Mar 19, 2013
Blaaarg.

I moderately dislike binary.

Anyways, here's what it translates to, I think. I may have made a mistake, though I have the proper number of characters in my binary code.

White.Rabbit NeuroClientVirt-Real Project { /// /// ver SPECIAL-00029 (from 00.029) ///

I can also post the binary itself, if anyone wants it. The forums eat additional spacing, so what you see above isn't quite accurate.

koobismo

Nov 21, 2014
Feedback! Oh my, so much sexy, slinky, seductive feedback!

Mister K said:
Okay, you have my interest.
Lightknight said:
Basically what I came here to say. Ok, I'm on the hook, let's see where this takes us.
ffronw said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
Alright, you've got my attention, let's see where this goes...
Extremely glad to hear that, guys! I was quite anxious that peeps would be put off by the slow-sizzle put on the story basics (what's going on, where are our characters coming from, is this real life or is this fantasy, caught in a landslide, no escape from reality, la la la), especially in the first handful of comics. Really glad to have you guys on board!

Silvianoshei said:
*Que music* NA NA NAAAAAAAAAAAA
A+ for unexpected twist.
Glad to hear that, A's always been my favorite, let alone with a fashionable plus like that. :D Also, A++ for the well-realized onomatopoeia!

Barbas said:
Hmmm...third time this week, can't be a coincidence. Must file this Shields character away for later investigation. OT: This is an interesting contrast with the existing webcomics. Welcome aboard and I look forward to more!
Thanks, Barbas, really glad to be aboard. Do check out Marauder Shields whenever you'll have a bit of free time - expect to like some story choices more than others (and perhaps outright dislike some), and do tell me what you thought about it when you're up-to-date! Always looking for feedback, I feed on it, like a really insecure vampire, mightily unsure of his "BLAHs!", but always seeking improvement.

ffronw said:
Seriously, Marauder Shields is an amazing take on Mass Effect. Set aside some time and check it out.
This man, he knows what's up.

DayDark said:
Alright, you got me. Interesting art style, more realistic than usual webcomics.
Thank you! I'm still working out some kinks in the style, assuming it'll be improving over time. My first primary goal: use more wider shots than in my previous work!

WhiteTigerShiro said:
Am I the only one who heard the Shovel Knight fanfare at the last panel?
Sure hope not. :D

NinjaDeathSlap said:
Well this is a thing...

Love the artwork, and longer, story-based comics are definitely a refreshing change of pace. No idea whatsoever where it's going at this point, but I'm interested. :)
Really glad to hear that, NinjaDeathSlap! I have the full storyline roughly planned out, but I'll be definitely open to changing stuff based on feedback - but I just wanted to mention that the destination is already very much defined.

Shiftygiant said:
I'm liking the sites doing webcomics again, somewhere I just won a bet. I dunno though, something about the comic just rubs me the wrong way. No offense, it's just... off, if that makes any sense. Looking forward to see where it's going.
No offense taken, in fact I'm very much interested in additional details if you've got any - what portion of it did feel off? Would you see any way to improve upon that? I'm still finding my footing with this and I bet there are ways to make the series more pleasurable for a big chunk of a potential audience without alienating the other chunk... Not that I'll follow up on all suggestions, of course, but if you have any - and/or complaints - please, do tell, I'm very interested.

Grimh said:
I too am interested to see where this goes. I do like your style.
Is Marauder Shields (never forget) finished? I gotta catch up on that.
Thanks, Grimh! Marauder is still ongoing, three years in. I absolutely suck ass at delivering it in the time I allocate myself, but, hey, there's many factors to blame for that, from the amount of work one ep takes (I kind of overcomplicated my process along the way), to the fact that it doesn't pay the bills, hence being pushed completely aside when things get tough. Anyway, if you're up for it, you can read up to Episode 62 right now, with the third act already ongoing and the finale of our finale already playing out. As soon as the second episode of "Game On, Hardcore" goes up, I'll jump onto creating Marauder Shields #63!

Dwarfman said:
Hey there Koobs! Great start to the new comic series, I've been looking forawrd to this since you announced it on your web site.
Thanks, Dwarfman! :) As always, hugely appreciated!

Quantum Glass said:
Blaaarg. I moderately dislike binary. Anyways, here's what it translates to, I think. I may have made a mistake, though I have the proper number of characters in my binary code.
White.Rabbit NeuroClientVirt-Real Project { /// /// ver SPECIAL-00029 (from 00.029) ///
I can also post the binary itself, if anyone wants it. The forums eat additional spacing, so what you see above isn't quite accurate.
Glad you went for translating it, Quantum Glass, I wondered if anyone would bother. :D Did you do it "by hand" or rather used one of those OCR screen-scan thingies?

disayle31

Mar 25, 2015
You sure know how to pique interest, Koobs, though as a longtime fan of yours mine was already high. Who are these guys (and the girl)? What exactly are they trying to accomplish? Who's "they"? Who's the guy with the shovel? I wanna know! And I know you'll answer these questions by telling a real kickass story. The line about YouTube pranks had me laughing out loud. I'm definitely looking forward to see where this goes!

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Is it intended to be a long term comic? Or is that undecided?

The one thing I wasn't a fan of was the fuzz filter (is that the right word?) or whatever it is. Gives it a textured kind of fuzzy look to me making it weird on the eyes in some instances, not a deal breaker though.

I like kind of Tell-Tale Games style it has going, I look forward to updates :)

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
koobismo said:

Read Full Article
On behalf of No Right Answer, I dig your art style, love the intrigue, and welcome you to the site.