#012: Face Time

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
God, this strip was funny as hell, I laughed at every zinger.
Kudos guys!

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
OK, I actually laughed at this one.

The joke was somethng of a low hanging fruit but t was still funny. Maybe I'll have some hope for this strip after all.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
NOOOOOO

The moment you give them names, the harder it is to immediately not feel guilty about stealing their guns after they die! :c

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Why does the most likable guys are the ones to die first? :(

Caramel Frappe said:
I'd like a co-op guy like that in the next COD / Battlefield game please.
Bad Company 2 says hi :3

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
That is a good point though. Why does everyone feel the need to remove their helmets in movies and video games? Hell, in The Winter Soldier Cap wears his helmet once on his new uniform, and that's it. His old one doesn't last much longer.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
....I don't want him to die.
He seems like such a decent person.

But alas, the fates of hack-writing decree he must die for the greater good tension.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
His name is AlExpendable. He's likely to survive to end up in some sequels starring Sylvester Stallone & Jason Statham. That or he's a clone. in which case everyone there is AlExpendable.

Sep 13, 2009
Redlin5 said:
NOOOOOO

The moment you give them names, the harder it is to immediately not feel guilty about stealing their guns after they die! :c
Suddenly and mysteriously, with no one else around but you and your inexplicably smoking pistol. Funny how that keeps happening

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Well, I guess I should get ready to press x/f to show respect. ;p

Seriously though, :D good episode.
Hope A. P. don't die. <.<

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
Anyone else reminded of that gag from Venture Brothers where Henchmen 21 and 24 are teamed up with Henchman 1, and keep pointing out how obviously expendable he is, no matter what he tries to do to change it? XD

Still, could have made Alex a bit more of a meathead. Make his inevitable demise less jarring for the readership.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
The Almighty Aardvark said:
Redlin5 said:
NOOOOOO

Suddenly and mysteriously, with no one else around but you and your inexplicably smoking pistol. Funny how that keeps happening
He somehow managed to shoot himself in the back somehow. We all agree it was an accident.

Honestly, after that statement, all I could think of was that line from Caboose - tho he does it for different reasons...
Personally, I am not the kind of guy killing my NPC partners to get their guns as those guys usually have infinite ammo where as I get only as much as a single magazine. Guess who I rather want to shoot a lot?

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
MarsAtlas said:
blackrave said:
Now we should start petition to "encourage" Escapist to remove these KKK members and their bigoted comics from this site
But they're totally not racist though.

I would like to say that that was totally intentional
But that would be a lie (I have read that comic, but forgot about it)
Me calling them a KKK members, while they "joined" KKK in that comic strip, was pure coincidence

P.S. Sometimes even blind man can hit a bulls-eye :)
P.P.S. Also, as I stated before they totally are racists.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Heh, got a smile, but easy joke there.

OTOH, he's gotten more character than I'd expect, so killing him off would actually mean something.

2cool4u

Feb 24, 2014
Ohhh, wait let me predict your next strip Grey: everybody dies except for Alex and then you'll shitpost all over the thread going "lel i troled you. epic win for anime titties. :))))))" and we're all going to look like such idiots for falling for the oldest trick in the book instead of praising your masterful "subversion" and "deconstruction" of traditional patriarchial storytelling.

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
2cool4u said:
Ohhh, wait let me predict your next strip Grey: everybody dies except for Alex and then you'll shitpost all over the thread going "lel i troled you. epic win for anime titties. :))))))" and we're all going to look like such idiots for falling for the oldest trick in the book instead of praising your masterful "subversion" and "deconstruction" of traditional patriarchial storytelling.
It's so crazy it just might work.

Grey! Cory! You know what to do!

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
I'm not sure what's sadder ... the fact Alex will probably die off soon because these types of games always getting rid of your buddy for EMOTIONS as David Cage would say ... or the fact he's a likable characted in a first person shooter game where 85% of the time, side characters have no character traits whatsoever, and pose no personality.

I'd like a co-op guy like that in the next COD / Battlefield game please.
Usually it's the PC who doesn't have a personality. Or a voice. Ba-DUM-TSH!
Bob_McMillan said:
That is a good point though. Why does everyone feel the need to remove their helmets in movies and video games? Hell, in The Winter Soldier Cap wears his helmet once on his new uniform, and that's it. His old one doesn't last much longer.
Also, Thor is supposed to have a winged helmet, which he wore for a few minutes in his first movie, but he didn't wear it again. Perhaps their helmets get in the way of all the handsome.
balladbird said:
Anyone else reminded of that gag from Venture Brothers where Henchmen 21 and 24 are teamed up with Henchman 1, and keep pointing out how obviously expendable he is, no matter what he tries to do to change it? XD

Still, could have made Alex a bit more of a meathead. Make his inevitable demise less jarring for the readership.
I love that bit, especially Number 24 saying "You've just made your inevitable demise that much more pathetic."
Later, Number 21: "But hey, Death by Samson. You can't ask for a better way to go."

stringtheory

Dec 18, 2011
Darth_Payn said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Also, Thor is supposed to have a winged helmet, which he wore for a few minutes in his first movie, but he didn't wear it again. Perhaps their helmets get in the way of all the handsome."
Pretty much this, you don't hire a famous actor just to cover their face, reducing them to a role that a random stunt man or extra could play. Plus there's the common thought that perceived badassery is usually inverse to the amount of armor the character is wearing.