#012: Face Time

Enzbe

Sep 16, 2014
Waitasecond!

Wouldn't this make more sense with just about any other shooter?

I loved the joke but Halo 1 kinda inverts both tropes as you play as pretty much the only "faceless" character, who wears a helmet that hides his face and Johnson is one of the few characters that survive the game.

...or maybe that is why you choose this game? To be EXTRA-ironic?
Damn, jokes are complicated

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Enzbe said:
Waitasecond!

I loved the joke but Halo 1 kinda inverts both tropes as you play as pretty much the only "faceless" character, who wears a helmet that hides his face and Johnson is one of the few characters that survive the game.
Come here and let me school ya', boy.

Johnson actually dies in CE. They brought him back in 2 because he was a fan favorite. There's a little cutscene in Anniversary edition that references this.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
The Irony Gods now dictate that Mr. Pendable will live the entire run of the comic, solely to subvert the myriad "this guy dies quick" tropes that this very comic is referencing.

Enzbe

Sep 16, 2014
The Wooster said:
Enzbe said:
Waitasecond!

Come here and let me school ya', boy.

Johnson actually dies in CE. They brought him back in 2 because he was a fan favorite. There's a little cutscene in Anniversary edition that references this.

He does? Well, I didn't know that, as I only really played 1 & 2.
Of course I know the "Hug"-scene from the legendary ending but I thought that was just some non-canon joke.

It wasn't realy explained how he escaped, which was referenced in that one conversation in Halo 2.
The same goes for the Chief, if I remember correctly

Doesn't change what I said about wearing a helmet, as proven by the next page.