#1 Game Ending that pissed you off?

Megawizard

Mar 24, 2008
Sgt. Dante said:
Has anyone played psi-ops?

It's a typical amnesia revenge story, only you're a psychic commando. The whole way through you're pretty much kept in the dark and once you beat the final boss your character states "i remember everything". que credits. NO planned sequal.

Utter BS.
Yea, I remember that. Drove me nuts too. Halo 2 ranks up there pretty high as well.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Jak X ending. It made room for a sequel which is good but since they never made one, it kind of blows. And no, Lost Frontier is no sequel, it's a prequel between Jak 3 and Jak X.

Whistler777

Nov 14, 2008
ratix2 said:
Whistler777 said:
notsosavagemessiah said:
Hmm.... I'd say MGS 4's. Why? Because after handling more or less all of the essential loose ends (and a few non essentials) they decide to remind you that there's still more to come. What? Without Snake? Fuck you.
[Hideo Kojima fanboy warning! You are dealing with an MGS fanboy!]

I think it's just fine that the series can continue without its flagship character. In my eyes, it's only a testament to how versatile Hideo's writing is. Even though Raiden's a hated character, I think the upcoming prequel will finally tie up all the loose ends (no, not all of them have been addressed yet) in his plotline.

[End fanboy warning]

OT: The ending to Call of Duty 4 made me laugh. Not because of the touching death of some of the lead characters, nor because of the traumatic struggle depicted, but because Griggs raps over the end credits. Seriously? "Deep and Hard"?
versatile? sorry but the fact that hes completly unable to kill off any of the main, non-evil characters is absolutly absurd. not to mention the completly deus ex machina ending
where the new foxdie was killing the old foxdie so he wouldnt be contaminating everyone
. sorry, but his writing is ok at best when you take everything into account.
I've never played Deus Ex that much (didn't suck me in), and I highly doubt Kojima knowingly copied that plot point. Even taking into account the utter cheesiness of it all, I still can't say his writing is any less than very good.

Deadpool062

Jul 9, 2008
hmm i suppose i thought the ending to assassin's creed kinda felt like being bumfu*ked by a wh*re...if your wondering why i edited that i dont want to be banned for cussing, thats happened to my a few times in other places so im just taking a precaution. i suppose assassin's creed 2 might make up for it but ill have to inject steroids into my proccessor RAM graphics card and brain to be able to finally give up on my shit computer and make enough money to buy an xbox 360

Crux2

Aug 3, 2009
The most recent one that springs to mind for me would be FEAR 2.

I was really enjoying F2 but the end soured the whole experince for me. It's definately the kind of game I'd want to go back and play again but the thought of that ending puts me off everytime I pick up the box.

I mean, I dont mind having bad things happen to the main charachter and if you have to kill off team-mates to make a point then I guess thats ok up to a point - but for crying out loud we've been listening to how much of an evil witch Genevieve Aristide is for two whole games now and rather than be given an opportunity to take her down she shoots your CO/lady friend and locks you away with a dead girl who proceeds to rape you while all you can do to vent your frustration is fight against a former comrade-in-arms whos been driven insane through no fault of his own.

Yeah. Really satisfying.

Of all the bad-things-in-a-good-game that I've endured over the years this is the one that has come closest to making me abandon an otherwise perfectly good franchise. Really cannot overstate how much it dissapointed me.

ShoryukenDude

Mar 24, 2009
Gilbert Munch said:
You know what? I'm going to skip Fallout 3 and Fable 2. They're pretty much givens.

What I am going to go for is Mass Effect. It just seemed like a generic, space opera-y ending. The main guy kills the bad guy, but the underlying threat is still there - does anyone smell a sequel...?
I'll drink to that. "Yay, I killed the evil robot thing! Too bad there are more."

Also up for Discussion: The bad ending in The Force Unleashed.

I just get done with Vader, then I find my rebel friends are dead and I get crushed with my own ship. Then I become Vader with pointy fingers.

Bullocks to that.

maxman101

Mar 18, 2009
Fallout 3 was understandable when you went into the radiation and died, but when you let your ally in, you still die or stand there staring at the glass for the rest of eternity, I was like what the hell. (Pre DLC)

Spinozaad

Jun 16, 2008
Although it's not really fair, I do find a lot (read: every damn one of 'em) of the endings of the Paradox Interactive games to be a real anticlimax.

You either rule the world, or dominate it.
Or you get statistics.

But again, this is not really fair.

I did find Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn to be somewhat lacking in the ending department. I've just descended into Hell, and lived to tell the tale. All I get is some Elven wench wishing me luck on my new journey?

blood77

Apr 23, 2008
DaSmart1 said:
The new Prince of Persia. All that time you spent fixing everything and all you do is release him again and have to start over. I don't have a credit card hooked up to PSN either, so I can't play the epilogue.

Also, I don't know how many people have played this, but Ghosthunter. The whole game was amazing and extremely underrated, but that ending was pure cop-out.
Guy, all you do is go and purchase the game, then the system will ask how you want to pay. Then just select credit card and enter your info. Yeah I know, it is dumb and I had the same problem trying to set up my card too.

Anyway, Resistance Fall of Man. It isn't the worst ending, but I just don't like "to be continued" type endings. Plus with the way Resistance 2 turned out, looking back, it was more like foreshadowing of the terribleness that was to come.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
The end [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYTdjLP5Bd4] of Cocoto Platform Jumper on GBA.

Boxpopper

Feb 5, 2009
Zoochi said:
Oblivion'e ending made me wtf. Also GTA4 I was hopping the ending would be different to all of the previous GTA games.
At least it was epic, and the game didn't end, so you could continue your gallavanting across the land.

FastFoot92

Jun 4, 2009
The infamous ending

I tought it was a good ending full of intrigue and good and ,the whole game reminded me of the first star wars movie,but it was really stupid how
he could somehow time travel that was just laziness but i still sorta like it

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
I'd say the ending to Red Dead Revolver.

The best character in the game, Jack Swift, dies trying to help you. Right then and there, you can just assume that the game is over.

LesIsMore

Jul 22, 2008
Assassin's Creed - the most hamhanded setup for a sequel there has ever been beyond Hollywood movies that film sequels at the same time. And then they go ahead and seem to make the sequel completely separate from the original game. At least I think so, I'll reserve judgment till it comes out.