1 Month. 1 Game. Which game?

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
I would say either Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas or Mass Effect 2.

The first 2 because, well, you can be playing both for a month and not have them completed(I garuntee(spelling?) that my first 6 hours in it will be diiferent to yours).

Mass Effect 2 because speedrunning it you could get 2 playthroughs out of it, but it's the choices you make that makes it great (I've had it on PS3 since March and I still play it) that, plus you get nearly all the DLC on the disc with the PS3 version (so that's 3 armor sets, multiple new weapons and 2 story-bridging DLC, that and two new fully usable squadmates available straight after the ~hour long intro).

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
The only game I could even see lasting a month would be Skyrim, and even that'd probably be with more than one character, unless you really like to fuck around and just wander for hours on end in the wilderness or only play like two or three hours a day.

Otherwise you're gonna need more than a single game to last you for a full month, my man.

OH WAIT! Try Dark Souls along with Skyrim. Dark Souls should keep you busy for a couple of weeks as well.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I'd say Arkham City. How much bang for your buck depends on what kind of player you are. I actually finished all the Riddler challenges (I think there are 400?) because I enjoyed them. I'm usually far from a completionist/collector type of gamer, so that's a high compliment for the game.

But the main story is good. The side missions are good. The exploration is fantastic. The combat is...all right. The boss fights are way better than Arkham Asylum (if you played that). And there are challenge modes if you're into that sort of thing.

DoctorSun

Dec 11, 2011
I'd have to say Dark Souls or Demon Souls. The difficulty and multiplayer should keep you occupied for at least a month.

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
I would say New Vegas, Arkham City, or DC Universe Online.

DCUO is free, by the way. :) In one month of playing you could easily hit the level cap and do all of the Alerts and Raids.

I'd recommend it.

New Vegas is great, but may be too long for your EXACTLY one month idea. :/ Still, awesome title.

Arkham City is awesome, too. But I don't see it lasting an entire month if you'll be playing average sessions daily.

Of course that behemoth Skryim may get you far if you're willing to put up with it's many drawbacks. But that's purely up to your taste and patience.

Northern64

Aug 29, 2011
I would say assassins creed revelations, assuming you already played the others.
it looks awesome, it wraps up most of the story, and I can see it lasting for a full month without much trouble.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
I wouldn't recommend skyrim, especially for PS3. You might get screwed over there due to some... design flaws.

However if you're up for it, you can do plenty with skyrim, for less than a month of time lol. It wouldn't exactly be a great game if you had to spend lots of time with it to enjoy it, unless you feel you need to finish a game or something.

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
Matthew94 said:
I would guess Oblivion as it doesn't have that framerate bug and has tons of content.

Your PS3 only rule crosses out so many games, I could have said X3:Terran Conflict...

Glorious game
if its anything like reunion 1 month probaly isnt enough time anyway, although im thinking of just blasting though reunion and getting on to TC as apparently its more fun

Zepren

The Funnyman
Sep 2, 2009
The answer be obvious- SKYRIM. I've sunk hours and hours into it. Best value for money ever and just so so good

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Hmm is it one $60 game or just as many games we can fit in $60 budget?
If former I'd suggest Arkham City. If I had to get only two games this year that would be one of them (other being Skyrim). It has a reasonably long story-mode and you can have lots of fun with challenge maps.

Also, unlike my fellow Escapists I think you can get a lot out of Skyrim in one month (depends on how much you play it per day, and your general attention span)

However, I'd recommend getting 2 cheaper games of your preferred genre (or mix something up). Lot's of stuff to pick up on holiday sales.

the spud

May 2, 2011
Wait on Skyrim till they get the lag bug fixed. In the meantime, try Dark Souls. It will keep you plenty occupied in the coming months. Just make sure to buy some extra controllers and/or some happy pills in addition to the game.

R3dF41c0n

Feb 11, 2009
I would suggest Arkham City (or Arkham Asylum in case you haven't played it), Mass Effect 2 is a good choice as well, and I've heard a lot of good things about Red Dead Redemption.

Fusioncode9

Sep 23, 2010
Skyrim on PS3 is a bad idea. If you play for over 60 hours then you'll get nonstop lag. And it will only get worse the longer you play. I would go with Arkham City or Dark Souls.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
You want a game that will last exactly one month? How much will you be playing? Are you working during this time? Seeing anyone but your tv? Do you play just the story, or explore huge open worlds, and enjoy widespread ancillary activities?

Either way, Skyrim or Saints Row the Third is my vote. If you finish too quickly, then you can play again for more fun. If you find yourself getting tight on time, then hurry up and do the main story, then putz around for more fun until you go back. Which does beg the question, why don't you have it with you??

Northern64 said:
I would say assassins creed revelations, assuming you already played the others.
it looks awesome, it wraps up most of the story, and I can see it lasting for a full month without much trouble.
If you haven't played it, then your hopes are high. Unless you're talking about the multiplayer, which is just as good as it was in Brotherhood. But the single player gets blown through in about, oh, maybe 11 hours of gameplay? Maybe more if you like things that shouldn't be in an open world, parkour, assassination game, things that really belong in other games altogether, but not here. Gods help you if you're looking for smooth gameplay, when it's stickier than ever here. Hope you like jumping off walls to your death instead of jumping up. You'll be doing that a lot.