10 year old girl Rapes 4 year old boy

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
SanguiniusMagnificum said:
Amir Kondori said:
SanguiniusMagnificum said:
Aaah... the Good Ol' US of A, setting a fine example for the rest of the world since 1776....
This is the lamest kind of argument I have ever heard. You sick things happen everywhere in the world that humans exist, right? We could talk about the village in African that kills all newborn twins. Or the guy in Europe who was raping his daughter and fathered a bunch of children by them. Or the abuses that were happening in Egypt. Etc.

This is by no means unique to the US.
I'm sorry, I should have clarified this a little bit. My jab was meant at the police and in general, the justice system. Interrogating a 10 year old for 45 minutes and then putting her in juvenile detention for 4 days... And all of that because she and some other kids were "playing doctor", a game that involves physical contact, sometimes even in the more "sensitive" regions of the body? Yeah, I don't know if that kind of treatment is supposed to be normal in the land of the free and the brave...
You know I have to admit that was my first reaction too but then I read more and it turns out there may be more to this story, as is so often the case. When things like this happen so often we think we know just what happened from the story we read and then later we find out the reporting was completely off base, either on purpose or just through incompetence and lack of information. Like the CNN article about the kid who shot his grandma in the back of the head.

I always try now to counsel myself to wait for all the facts but when your blood is riled it is hard to take that attitude.

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
CFriis87 said:
Twenty Ninjas said:
At 10 years old she's not really old enough to tell right from wrong, ESPECIALLY when it comes to sexual education. Doooon't think she's had any yet.

So who in their right mind would agree to send her to juvenile detention? Even if she stuck her fingers up the kid's ass. The kid will be fine. 4 years old is within the age where you won't remember a damn thing that's happened a few years later. What she needs is education, not punishment.

Strange how society tends to look for punishment more than integration, even in cases where it's practically impossible to know better. Or maybe not strange, just sad.
Try reading your own post, but with the sexes flipped, so that you're now talking about a 10 year old boy having molested a 4 year old girl, possibly shoving fingers in her ass.
Do you still agree with yourself? Should the boy still only recieve education and no punishment?
Again, I have seen no source for this fingers in the ass thing aside from one post in this thread. Can someone please provide a source for this or just stop spreading it around.

It is like that guy who everyone thought was the Olympic bomber but really was just trying to save people.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
Amir Kondori said:
CFriis87 said:
Twenty Ninjas said:
At 10 years old she's not really old enough to tell right from wrong, ESPECIALLY when it comes to sexual education. Doooon't think she's had any yet.

So who in their right mind would agree to send her to juvenile detention? Even if she stuck her fingers up the kid's ass. The kid will be fine. 4 years old is within the age where you won't remember a damn thing that's happened a few years later. What she needs is education, not punishment.

Strange how society tends to look for punishment more than integration, even in cases where it's practically impossible to know better. Or maybe not strange, just sad.
Try reading your own post, but with the sexes flipped, so that you're now talking about a 10 year old boy having molested a 4 year old girl, possibly shoving fingers in her ass.
Do you still agree with yourself? Should the boy still only recieve education and no punishment?
Again, I have seen no source for this fingers in the ass thing aside from one post in this thread. Can someone please provide a source for this or just stop spreading it around.

It is like that guy who everyone thought was the Olympic bomber but really was just trying to save people.
It was a hypothetical example, which leads me to my issue:

When people start coming up with hypothetical child rape scenarios to prove points, it might be considered a good time to gas this thread.

Like now.

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
Headsprouter said:
TakerFoxx said:
If it's the latter, then not cool guys. Not cool.
I originally didn't take the anal fingering into account, but only watched the video rather than the article originally, so originally I thought the guy telling me otherwise saw something in the full article I obviously hadn't. As for the guy who made this part up, originally, I hadn't seen any of his posts. Should anyone be considered "uncool" for being misled? I don't know I'd just either consider myself gullible or not very source-vigilant.

Who knows, it might be true, even, as others have said rape means some kind of penetration, but I heard she was being charged for sexual assault, sooo...

If this isn't true, check out my first post, the one before I was given this possible misinformation.

Headsprouter said:
Hmmm. It seems this is being sensationalised. By the sound of things she just got a bit too curious and fondled the 4 year-old, some busy-body saw it and decided that it was much worse than it really was. A 10 year old girl is barely even sexually aware in the same way adults are, if not at all.
Not being misled, no. But considering the severity of the charges, and also considering how cases involving sexual assault and children often lead to people quickly jumping to conclusions and forming unfortunate bandwagons, it's always best to double-check everything people say and not make final judgments before the full details have been revealed.

And true, it's possible that it did happen. But it's also possible that she rode him like a pint-sized stallion while screaming Justin Timberlake's name. Unlikely of course, but all off-color jokes aside, the details of what actually took place are unknown, so making assumptions and taking what people like CFriis87 say at face value never leads anywhere good.

Sorry if this seems like a personal attack though. It isn't. I'm just trying to stop this bandwagon in it's tracks before it spreads any more misinformation.

And speaking of which...

CFriis87 said:
Look, I can appreciate that my sources aren't really that good, but I do know a thing or two about the American legal system, especially when it comes to rape charges (which is what the girl is facing... factually).
For the US law to consider a male human being to be raped, he needs to either be orally penetrated by a sexual organ (with the perpetrator being a girl, that can be left out of the consideration) or have his anus or urethra penetrated by a sexual organ or other foreign object.
I'll concede that my statements about her sticking fingers up his anus aren't necessarily facts, but applying Occam's Razor leaves it as the most likely explanation for the girl's current situation.
Actually, your sources are pretty lousy. I've checked multiple articles on this, and they seesaw between "rape" and "sexual assault." The only real source of it being actual rape was a comment made by Quanell X, who seems to have gotten involved.

"I?ve never dealt with a child this young being accused of a crime. In fact this was nothing more than inappropriate horseplay that has now led to a child that is 10-years-old being charged with aggravated rape."

Also keep in mind that though he volunteered to defend her, he's not a lawyer nor an officer of the law. He's a family friend and the leader of a local activist group (the New Black Panthers), and a somewhat controversial one at that. As such, his comment was more of an offhand remark rather than a use of the legal definition of rape. Nearly all the stories I've dug up state that she's going to court for charges of sexual assault, not rape. Even the ones that use the word "Rape" in their titles (likely because Rape is more attention-grabbing) say the actual charges are of sexual assault, and the ones that say she's being charged with rape tend to be from places like Gawker and what-not. And sexual assault covers a wide range of actions, not all of which involve penetration. And yes, I did read the one from Khou that you posted, and though they consistently use "rape" instead of "sexual assault," they also don't differentiate between the two. And again, there is absolutely no mention of any sort of penetration.

Which leads us to the main problem. Despite there being absolutely no evidence, details, reports, or anything about her sodomizing the kid, you not only made the assumption that she did (apparently just because the word rape was used in some of the articles), you also invented actual details of how it happened. So, she stuck two fingers into his anus? Fingers, specifically? Not a stick or a toy? And she also used two of them, eh? Not one, or three? Two, specifically? After all, that's what you kept saying over and over. Tell me, how did you come by this information?

Except you didn't. You make an almost totally baseless assumption, invented the details, and then quoted a bunch of people to try to convince them that your hypothesis was fact. And that is what I have a problem with. It's deceitful, and caused a full-on bandwagon effect, where people started taking your word as true. Even if the case details are revealed and you turn out to be correct, it would be due to complete coincidence and not excuse you for starting this whole thing in the first place. Wait until we learn more about what actually took place and use the actual facts to bolster your arguments. Because using mere conjecture does not help your case at all.

Jesse Billingsley

Mar 21, 2011
Apparently some old fashioned shouting, a grounding of any and all things fun for 2 months, a ton of house chores with no pay, an apology to the boy and his family, and a little counseling isn't enough to get the message across that 'What you did was BAD.' I got an idea; let's throw her in Juvi.

Not saying what she did was okay, because it's not, but I think how they decided to handle it was a little overkill.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
If the girl was 10, I would say that the adult that reported it as sexual assault is the one with the dirty mind

Pyramid Head

Jun 19, 2011
Twenty Ninjas said:
CFriis87 said:
Let's see, 10 years old. That's about... 3rd grade? In 3rd grade I know I had no concept of sexuality whatsoever and if for any reason I stuck my fingers up any kindergartner's ass it would be out of pure curiousity and not any attempt at fornication.

So yes. Gender is hardly relevant here.

He's actually lying about the fingers up the ass thing and is wrong about the ages.

Pyramid Head

Jun 19, 2011
Twenty Ninjas said:
Yeah, I know, I read the thread, I just made the case that it wouldn't be jail-worthy even if he was right.

I agree with you. Kids do stupid shit when they're young, it's not worth traumatizing them over.

prpshrt

Jun 18, 2012
I don't mean to generalize but, why is it that stupid shit like this always ends up happening in Texas? Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't the LoL kid from Texas too? It all just sounds like the police overreacted. Again. All I know is they're making pretty convincing cases as to why people in other states shouldn't move to texas and that American Justice System is messed up to the rest of the world that does read it.

MoeMints

Apr 30, 2013
Wait, a tic, are we really trying to say a 10 year old is perfectly fine on the basis of sexual curiosity?
I honestly think you people are having a Projecting vs Projecting shouting match over what should be a simpler point.

How did she think it was appropriate it was to touch someone in the bathroom area?
How did she think it was appropriate to touch someone half her age?
How did someone who says not at all speaks with a lack of self-awareness coming from the interview, came to this conclusion?

Like of course I think the severity of this is wrong, but wait, you seriously had no body awareness in the third grade?

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Tanakh said:
Master of the Skies said:
But it's not the most probable case. IF there's a 50%+ chance she's not menstruating and not feeling sexual pleasure from it then it's not most likely she did it for sexual pleasure.
Ahh.. kk... i get it, you must also think throwing a D10 the most probable case isn't getting a 1 with 10% chance but not getting a 1 with 90%, even though in the context it's clear that I am dividing the complement of the universe minus the mentioned case in different events...

Almost sure if you are not familiar with talking about probabilities, then you would see it's relative to the universe of probabilities when i say "the most probable" and doesn't need to be 50% or more.
But it HAS to be above 50% or more if you're talking about only 2 seperate probabilities:
1. She did it with something sexual in mind.
2. She did it with nothing sexual in mind.

If you then talk about the most probable event, then your probability has to be above 50%

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
Amaror said:
But it HAS to be above 50% or more if you're talking about only 2 seperate probabilities:
1. She did it with something sexual in mind.
2. She did it with nothing sexual in mind.

If you then talk about the most probable event, then your probability has to be above 50%
We already covered that at some point, basically by me saying I don't give a fuck anymore. But since you insist, having sexual desire (what I was talking about) and having "something sexual in mind" are not the same, as you might know some sexual actions are done without desire.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
rasputin0009 said:
Off-topic, the mods are getting real horny (not an insult to the mods, just an expression) off this thread. I saw like 5 suspensions/warnings on the first page alone.
Actually, the suspensions on the first page of this thread are all the same person.

Speaking of that, anyone know why the OP got suspended? I can't figure it out.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
This isn't news, this is a paranoid reaction to kids being curious.

Seriously, are the people prosecuting this little girl really trying to imply that they never did the whole "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" thing when they were little kids?

GryffinDarkBreed

Jul 21, 2008
JoJo said:
*sigh*

What a lot of people don't realise is that this sort of activity is entirely normal for children who haven't learn boundaries yet, despite what the law may say calling this 'rape' is very dubious. A lot of jurisdictions (particularly some US states, the UK to an extent too) need to get their act together and put proper guidelines in place so childhood exploration is dealt with by the parents or carers rather than the authorities. Involving the law only serves to stigmatise and traumatise children who didn't know what they were doing, which is the opposite of the law's original intention.
.... Think back to when YOU were 10 years old. I remember when -I- was 10. I knew you DON'T FUCKING TOUCH PEOPLE THERE.

No, this does need some action by the state. Penitentiary isn't the thing for it though. This child needs social services intervention. Look into her family and get her a Psychologist, because there is NO reason a 10 year old should be -curious- about that shit at all. It should have been mostly demystified several years prior.

I would accept this as "Exploration" if she was doing that with someone closer to her age, or if she did it before she was school age. At 10 years old you're old enough to know that shit isn't acceptable.

Echopunk

Jul 6, 2011
This is insane. Kids are naturally curious. Calling the police in was not an appropriate course of action. This could have easily been handled with a simple talk around the family dinner table. "It is natural to be curious, but you have to learn to respect the boundaries and privacy of others. Would you want someone coming up to you and doing what you did to X? How would that make you feel? Nobody has the right to put their hands on another person without permission, and when you're that young, you can't give that permission."

Of course, the sociological climate has changed since I was a little kid. Aside from a few episodes of inappropriate co-ed tackling (which happens when you live on a block with only one other boy your age, but three girls), and getting mauled by an older girl at a wedding once, we didn't have any concept of how sex worked at that age. I remember some conversations which became pathetically hilarious when I thought back on them after gaining more experience in my mid-teens.

I'm not one to blame video games/music/media in general for the variety of crash courses that are available to kids these days on sexuality. The problem with anything designed as entertainment is that it skews the perceptions of whatever is displayed. From conversations I've sat in on (worked with kids as a tutor), I have been amazed at how much kids know now, but also how little. Technique/Mechanics without Context/Understanding is never a good idea.

Summary - Overreaction of this kind does nobody any good.

Echopunk

Jul 6, 2011
GryffinDarkBreed said:
.... Think back to when YOU were 10 years old. I remember when -I- was 10. I knew you DON'T FUCKING TOUCH PEOPLE THERE.

No, this does need some action by the state. Penitentiary isn't the thing for it though. This child needs social services intervention. Look into her family and get her a Psychologist, because there is NO reason a 10 year old should be -curious- about that shit at all. It should have been mostly demystified several years prior.

I would accept this as "Exploration" if she was doing that with someone closer to her age, or if she did it before she was school age. At 10 years old you're old enough to know that shit isn't acceptable.
This is a self centric viewpoint. Just because you knew something doesn't mean everyone did. I was in a religious private school for 1-3rd grades. We had our unit on "hey johnny, don't touch sue, unless you want God to frown on you" in third grade.

When my family ran out of money and I switched to public school, they were doing the same unit on inappropriate touching one or two years later.

I think the first sex ed class, or human body health, whatever it was called, didn't come in until fifth grade, which is around 10 years old, depending on birthdate and school start date.

Yes, people should know things - but they also have to be taught.