Mass Effect 3: The Process

Mathak

The Tax Man Cometh
Mar 27, 2009
There's not enough icecream in the world to forget those last 5 minutes. Oh, why didn't I listen to the internet and just alt-f4'd out before the elevator?

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Mathak said:
There's not enough icecream in the world to forget those last 5 minutes. Oh, why didn't I listen to the internet and just alt-f4'd out before the elevator?
YOU FOOL! YOU BLEW IT ALL! YOU BLEW IT ALL TO HELL!

We warned you, but... you didn't listen... YOU DIDN'T LIS-THEE-HEEEEN!

Also, if I had spare money during last week, I would've gained at least 10 pounds from the potential chocolate I'd have to eat to forget about the endings.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
just finished last night, then sat there for three hours staring at the screen wondering why...
WHY!?!?!?

I could write a novel on the hurt, but this comic sums it up perfectly, thanks guys!

Ch4llen

May 31, 2011
I'm going to paste this comic on the back of my Mass effect copy. With a warning which states "If you would like to avoid these symptoms, Alt + F4 when shepard gets on the elevator"

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Okay, regardless of everything, when Erin from Critical Miss is clearly against the ending of ME3, than any and all other arguements are void.

digital warrior

Oct 17, 2008
Yah the ending was pretty shit. But here something that will at least make it interesting if true. http://social.bioware.com/forums/forum/1/topic/355/index/9727423/1

Basically it states that the entire part with the citadel was an indoctrination test set by the reapers in Sheppard's death coma, its an interesting read the theirs allot of evidence to support it.

Still pisses me off though cause that means it's incomplete and they will charge us for the ending. Not cool man, not cool.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Exactly how I felt. Crushed.

Never thought a damn videogame could make me feel so down in the dumps - especially my freakin favorite series of all time.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Very funny.

I do hope people will come into the acceptance stage soon though. I loved the endings and I've let a few people see why and some agreed, but I'm not gonna do that anymore.

I just hope Bioware comes with some kind of statement explaining the general themes of the endings to help people make sense of them.

AcacianLeaves

Sep 28, 2009
Our relationship with most developers has been abusive for many years. I thought BioWare was different. After DA2 I thought "They hit me, but only because they love me". After KOTOR becoming an MMO I thought "I can change them, I know they still love me". But now...now I'm done blaming the black eyes on walking into a door knob. Enough is enough.

/keeping it classy

Apr 28, 2008
Huh, it's like Dragon Age 2 all over again. Well, for me. That's more or less what I did.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
The idea of someone crying in a bathtub eating ice cream with the shower running on them is infinitely funny to me.

Jul 9, 2008
Nimcha said:
Very funny.

I do hope people will come into the acceptance stage soon though. I loved the endings and I've let a few people see why and some agreed, but I'm not gonna do that anymore.

I just hope Bioware comes with some kind of statement explaining the general themes of the endings to help people make sense of them.
It's not that people don't understand the endings. It's that the endings are presented in such a horrible way. I mean, we get to the climax, the game starts slowing down as Anderson tells you how proud he is, the pacing just makes the game feel over...and then the ending is snatched away so that we can talk to possibly the most important character of the series who was never even hinted at before. This great, important character only being introduced in the last 10 minutes of a 3 game series doesn't feel like a cop out? Like Deus Ex Machina?

kuolonen

Nov 19, 2009
Irridium said:
Huh, it's like Dragon Age 2 all over again. Well, for me. That's more or less what I did.
Its worse than DA2. Atleast DA2 game some information on what happened afterwards.

ME3 has single line "Shepard is legend". Yeah. Ok.

OT: Me, I am steady on the acceptance by now. And by that I mean I dont care if world ends in 2012. In fact I'm kinda hoping it does.

Mathak

The Tax Man Cometh
Mar 27, 2009
Nimcha said:
Very funny.

It's not that people don't understand the endings. It's that the endings are presented in such a horrible way. I mean, we get to the climax, the game starts slowing down as Anderson tells you how proud he is, the pacing just makes the game feel over...and then the ending is snatched away so that we can talk to possibly the most important character of the series who was never even hinted at before. This great, important character only being introduced in the last 10 minutes of a 3 game series doesn't feel like a cop out? Like Deus Ex Machina?
Not to mention the 3 choices are copies of the original Deus Ex' endings. Like Bioware thought noone'd notice.