Mass Effect 3: The Process

eventhorizon525

Sep 14, 2010
digital warrior said:
Yah the ending was pretty shit. But here something that will at least make it interesting if true. http://social.bioware.com/forums/forum/1/topic/355/index/9727423/1

Basically it states that the entire part with the citadel was an indoctrination test set by the reapers in Sheppard's death coma, its an interesting read the theirs allot of evidence to support it.

Still pisses me off though cause that means it's incomplete and they will charge us for the ending. Not cool man, not cool.
Thank you for that link, that actually presents a (very unlikely intended unless Bioware are gods of rpgs) ending that would actually be the best one I've ever played.

However, yeah they probably didn't intend that, though the things they point are some of the things I noticed were off.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Ok, first let me say, Bioware needs to release a Garrus Huggie-Time Pillow. "You'll never feel safer then in the arms of a Turian!" can be their sales slogan.

And secondly, I didnt think the ending was that bad. Sure, it wasnt good by any stretch of the imagination. But i dont think it was bad enough to have me crying in the bathtub eating ice cream. I mean, i eat ice cream in bathtub normally. I dont know how you can cry when your so comfy and have ice cream.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Nimcha said:
Very funny.

I do hope people will come into the acceptance stage soon though. I loved the endings and I've let a few people see why and some agreed, but I'm not gonna do that anymore.

I just hope Bioware comes with some kind of statement explaining the general themes of the endings to help people make sense of them.
I liked them too at first.

But then I started thinking about how much we dont get to know, and how much I feel all that army-collecting didnt really matter much and that I had no control over anything, as a COMPLETE opposite to the BRILLIANT suicide mission.

This ending is awful. And tbh, I'd almost rather have an ending as silly as this: Sort of spoilerish, so dont watch unless you've finished it.

Yassen

Apr 5, 2008
Erin wasn't the only one devastated by the ending, just imagine how Shepard would have felt if he found out beforehand. Let's watch...

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
Ok I see what I missed: the ice cream bucket in the bathtub...

Otherwise quite accurate, and it's the feeling of everything I've done counts for nothing, I want a longer ending to see what "might" happen to my "friends"...

sifffffff

Oct 28, 2011
Tired of seeing people who like the endings saying people who don't are "entitled" or "don't understand it" or "just wanted a happy ending."

I didn't like the endings and none of those reasons apply to me. Zeel has called me a biodrone on multiple occasions for god's sake.

My problem is that
Joker flew into the middle of a heated battle, picked up Garrus and Ashley from somewhere behind where I was nuked by Harbingers death laser, left my ass lying there on the ground and then ran from the battle like a *****.

There's nothing I'm "not understanding about" It's stupid cop-out bullshit. That it doesn't matter how many war assets I collected, whether or not I spared the Rachni queen (twice), kept the collector base, docked my spaceship in Jack's hanger bay or was nice to the reporters the whole time because the ENTIRE series comes down to three arbitrary choices no matter what led me to them is bullshit.

Understand this. This is coming from a "hardcore Biodrone." I have only a few problems with Dragon Age 2 for example. I'm telling you the endings to Mass Effect 3 are bullshit and it has everything to do with them being ass-backwards stupid and nothing to do with "not understanding them."

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I was thinking of starting one of those anonymous clubs like grievers anonymous, and maybe a 12 step program of getting over Mass Effect 3 ending. I reckon it can help quite a few people.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
I'll just leave this right here for all you lovely ragers. :)

http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/why-the-ending-of-mass-effect-3-was-satifying-and-worthy-of-the-series-mass

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Loonerinoes said:

http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/why-the-ending-of-mass-effect-3-was-satifying-and-worthy-of-the-series-mass
We don't hate the ending just because it didn't provide any sense of closure, we hate it because logically it didn't make any sense. There are more loopholes in that ending then stars in the fuckin' galaxy.

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
Loonerinoes said:

Most annoying thing with this defence seem to be the conclusion that if you don't like the ending that's because the writers did their job and got under your skin. Whereas I feel the opposite, to me it felt like a massive screw you to players who HAD been sucked in and gave a shit about the plot and characters. The criticism that the ending is a slap in the face to the series is still valid. This article seems to put forward the view that I should not crae about any story ever, becuse even if the writers screw me over, they win and I lose, so why bother?

Rinshan Kaihou

Dec 3, 2009
I haven't finished the game yet, and now I probably won't watch the last bit. But I've been there. That is what THAT ONE episode of valkyria chronicles did to me. If you've watched/played it, you know. THAT episode. Yeah.

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
SpiderJerusalem said:
Megalodon said:
Loonerinoes said:

Most annoying thing with this defence seem to be the conclusion that if you don't like the ending that's because the writers did their job and got under your skin. Whereas I feel the opposite, to me it felt like a massive screw you to players who HAD been sucked in and gave a shit about the plot and characters. The criticism that the ending is a slap in the face to the series is still valid. This article seems to put forward the view that I should not crae about any story ever, becuse even if the writers screw me over, they win and I lose, so why bother?
Not to mention that the article presents bullshit like "of course the game hinges on a deus ex machina that is forced on the player regardless of what their character has been like for the past two games, but it's done at the START of the game, which makes everything totally OK and subversive and great!"

Or mistaking "meaningful choices" with "how many characters die", totally skipping over retarded crap like the Rachni or the fact that in the end it really. doesn't. matter because of the final FU that Bioware has inserted halfway through the credits.
Halfway? Do you mean that "stargazer" BS, that happened entirely after the credits for me.

RaeAlethea

Feb 25, 2012
I'm deeeep in depression. With a touch of denial. I'm seriously considering making a Kaidan pillow to make it all hurt just a little less.

TheProfessor234

Aug 20, 2010
My only issue with the ending is the destruction of the relays. They pretty much killed the Mass Effect universe right there. Just seems odd they would end the story right there.

In any case, I enjoyed the game and I'm doing my second play through regardless. No reason not too since only time will tell in what is going to happen next.

Comic is great by the way, started reading these a while back and haven't been disappointed yet.