King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
The Defenestration of Erin Stout

Check Out That Top-Tier Foreshadowing

Read Full Article

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
So, either he pushes her out the window, or she is falling out the window, and he's about to help her back in...

Either way, I'm curious as to whats gonna happen...

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I learnt a new word today!

Now I just need an opportunity to use "defenestration" in a sentence.

Mike Fang

Mar 20, 2008
Ho-kay, I don't care where you're from, you don't "help" anyone by shoving them out a window. And if this guy now goes outside and gives Erin some kind of self-righteous, condescending speech meant to take her to task...I hope she belts him again.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
I doubt its as straight forward as it looks, he wouldn't have been that patient with her only to shove her out a window. It does seem a random change of direction though!

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Zhukov said:
I learnt a new word today!

Now I just need an opportunity to use "defenestration" in a sentence.
It's a wonderful word. Like 'ampersand'. It's been a favourite of mine for a while. It's also pretty much the only reason I bothered to read the comic.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Mike Fang said:
Ho-kay, I don't care where you're from, you don't "help" anyone by shoving them out a window. And if this guy now goes outside and gives Erin some kind of self-righteous, condescending speech meant to take her to task...I hope she belts him again.
I think by "help Erin" he means "help her out the fucking window!" And really, its not as though Erin is very accepting of help these days, she seems to spurn anything from actual people and instead relies on videogame characters for answers.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
"And so, Some Dude murdered Erin Stout, and subsequently took protagonist-ship of Critical Miss."

Maybe he's just pushing her into one of those plastic ball pits. Who WOULDN'T be cheered up by that.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Ah, he's using the Dr.House approach to Medicine, try the most illogical, asinine, idea you can and it will work out!

Also, love the snarky responses of "Is that a conservative estimate?"

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
She deserves it. She's been a likable asshole throughout this whole arc, but the kind of likable asshole who needs a great big giant wake-up call.

I'm gonna call it - she's gonna bang her head on something blunt and her visions will go away. Or, she'll get worse. Like amnesia or something.

Navvan

Feb 3, 2011
I'm guessing he's pushing her out the window only to catch her at the last moment. Only to say something to the effect "Next time the guy who takes you home might not be so nice", or "Do you want to fall or get back up". That or its on the first floor, lets her fall, and says the same thing. The whole thing being an exercise to help her stop being so reckless/whatever you want to call it.

I'd be surprised if its a genuine assault.

Edit: Also what happened to his eyes in panels 6 and 7? Are they closed or something, and if so why? His eyebrows have also gone into hiding.