Overstrike Becomes Fuse

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Overstrike Becomes Fuse

Overstrike becomes Fuse and looses a little in the conversion.

Read Full Article

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Hmmm, I preferred it when it was more Ratchet and Clank and less Resistance.

However, I do have a lot of faith in Insomniac and I'm curious to see how this turns out.

[Insert Name Here]

Nov 26, 2009
That E3 2011 trailer was really awesome and fun and got me excited for the game. Now, they took pretty much everything that made that interesting, shifted the tone, and I'm not looking forward to this as much. It's Insomniac, which means the gameplay will still probably be great, but they've neutered the charm and enthusiasm out of it.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
*sigh*

another reason to hate on EA (not my words but you know its coming)

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
So the Terran Republic are now a terrorist faction? Sorry but I've been playing the PS2 beta for a bit and when I saw red and black cannon fodder all I thought about was TR (Lets face it that boss might as well have been a MAX).

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
hmm looks pretty boring now.
They should have made it like the trailer. I would be looking forward to a game like that.

Tyranicus

Feb 8, 2008
Just wait for XCOM and you wont even know what "Fuse" is when Oct 9th rolls around.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
[Insert Name Here said:
]That E3 2011 trailer was really awesome and fun and got me excited for the game. Now, they took pretty much everything that made that interesting, shifted the tone, and I'm not looking forward to this as much. It's Insomniac, which means the gameplay will still probably be great, but they've neutered the charm and enthusiasm out of it.
Agreed I was considering buying this which would have been a first for an EA backed game in years, for the simple reason it was funny and made by Insomniac. Now my interest has cooled some what. I imagine the guns and that will be fun but the game lacks the certain Insomniac charm that is usually present in their games for me.

Oh and a side note for EA. Keep your grubby hands of Insomniac! You have already taken Bullfrog and Pandemic from me, you are not getting Insomniac too or so help you god I will end you!

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Sober Thal said:
Less TF2... I approve.
WHAT? you awful awful person...gritty is the devils visual style and you obviously drown puppies in your spare time to say such a thing

[quote/]Will hold off complete judgement till, you know, the game is made and all.[/quote]
what is this?....why do you say things that make no sense..I don't understand any of that 0_0....[footnote/] to cover my ass yes this is me joking[/footnote]

OniSuika

Jul 11, 2009
This is depressing. Really depressing.

What's even their excuse for this change? Everyone was praising the light hearted tone and quirky characters. Were they even paying attention?

No, clearly not.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
If developers tone down grittiness and scale up level of crazy the game still might get interesting
But since this is EA I'm almost sure they will make all the wrong moves :(

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Hmm. I was looking forward to this.
I mean, it still looks alright, but the trailer looked a lot better.