Super Smash Bros. Features the Wii Fit Trainer

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Super Smash Bros. Features the Wii Fit Trainer

Perhaps the Wii Fit Trainer was readying herself for a fighting tournament the entire time.

One of the best parts of Super Smash Bros. isn't just creating fights between Donkey Kong and Bowser; it's seeing what obscure icons Nintendo will dig up from its back catalog (so they can fight Donkey Kong and Bowser). The upcoming Wii U and 3DS versions are no exception, since <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124834-Mega-Man-Blasts-Into-Super-Smash-Bros-Wii-U-and-3DS>Mega Man isn't the only recognizable character joining the fray. In a new E3 trailer, Nintendo revealed that the Wii Fit Trainer is also making an appearance, and she's fully capable of wiping the floor with anyone who didn't follow her workout plan. (Looking at you Kirby... I guess you've <a href=http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Waddle_Dee>had one Waddle Dee too many.)

Traditionally, each new entry of the Smash Bros. series draws upon one left-field character to round off its roster. Super Smash Bros. Melee introduced the Robotic Operating Buddy as a playable fighter. The Wii Fit Trainer falls neatly into this category, but unlike the abovementioned characters, she's still fairly recognizable thanks to Wii Fit's 2007 popularity.

Of course, being a fighting game, the real question is whether the Wii Fit Trainer will be balanced enough to... you know what, nevermind. I'm sure she'll hold her own.

[video=7483 autoplay=0]

VinLAURiA

Dec 25, 2008
I forsee... bitching. Lots of bitching.

And tons of British colloquialisms from unimaginative goons who aren't actually from Britain but are... exposed to them often.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
So is her move set going to consist of deadly stretching poses? I guess her finisher is something like 'Worm Saluting the Sun'.

And I wonder if anyone has ever cosplayed as the WiiFit trainer. TO THE INTERNET!

The

Jan 24, 2012
This... was probably the biggest surprise of my day. This is definitely going to be my favourite character.
You know, SSB4 looks more and more like a fighting game between regular civilians (Animal Crossing guy for example), and that's not a bad thing.

SAMAS

Aug 27, 2009
Jin Saotome
Strider Hiryu
Ice Climbers
Firebrand
Armored Trooper VOTOMS
Rocket Raccoon
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
Hundred Beast King Golion (a.k.a. Voltron)

Massive Crossover games IMO are best when they bring in the obscure, forgotten, and weird along with the Hot and Iconic.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
The said:
This... was probably the biggest surprise of my day. This is definitely going to be my favourite character.
You know, SSB4 looks more and more like a fighting game between regular civilians (Animal Crossing guy for example), and that's not a bad thing.
I'm getting excited.

I hope it doesn't have tripping :3.

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
CriticalMiss said:
So is her move set going to consist of deadly stretching poses? I guess her finisher is something like 'Worm Saluting the Sun'.

And I wonder if anyone has ever cosplayed as the WiiFit trainer. TO THE INTERNET!
Half the women in my gym seem to be doing a good impression, sometimes they have a different color of shirt.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Requia said:
CriticalMiss said:

Half the women in my gym seem to be doing a good impression, sometimes they have a different color of shirt.
Including the totally white skin, grey hair and glassy eyes? They are gym-cattle so I'm guessing they probably do.

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
CriticalMiss said:
Requia said:
CriticalMiss said:

Including the totally white skin, grey hair and glassy eyes? They are gym-cattle so I'm guessing they probably do.
Sweat ruins makeup pretty fast, it all runs off. Though, I always saw that as more of an 'insert appearance here' deal, not what she actually looks like.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
I don't know what it is, but I'm not a fan of this. She's not a character, she's just a faceless manikin with no personality. I still want the game, but this inclusion seems out of place.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
She looks fairly fun, but I imagine the voice will get annoying quickly. She sounds too detached from the fighting.

BarelyAudible

Mar 1, 2013
Ukomba said:
I don't know what it is, but I'm not a fan of this. She's not a character, she's just a faceless manikin with no personality. I still want the game, but this inclusion seems out of place.
That didn't stop Mario *rimshot*.

I'm all for this.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Her monotone voice will sound hysterical amongst the field.

Also, a welcome addition. She seems fun.

My mom would probably play as her if she were still around...

Keltzar

Jan 19, 2009
CriticalMiss said:

You already saw her finisher. She fires barrage of images each in different stretching poses.