They're on to me!

*ring ring*
"Hello? Yes. Yes. He knows to much. Yes sir."
*click*

Danny, how would you like to go on a "vacation?"
Can I come?

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
This is why I won't even touch farmville. What may start as five bucks for a couch could easily force you into chapter 11.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Well done kiddo. You just singlehandedly put Farmville on the HARDCORE GAMES list. I mean what other hardcore gamer can say they invested that much money into a single game in that short of amount of time?

Apr 28, 2008
Danny Ocean said:
Irridium said:
Danny Ocean said:
Irridium said:
Sir Ollie said:
What can you buy with $1400 on Farmville?

Carrots?
Really, really good carrots.
Made of some rare element. Like, say, Iridium.

*Gasp*
Oh Gee Whiz Mr.Tyler! Where to? Where to!?
A very nice place, where no one can hurt you...

Apr 28, 2008
Sir Ollie said:
Irridium said:
They're on to me!

*ring ring*
"Hello? Yes. Yes. He knows to much. Yes sir."
*click*

Can I come?
Of course! The more the merrier!

[sub][sub]Muahahaha![/sub][/sub]

n00beffect

May 8, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Hey, we've all been there, am I right?
NO! No you're not right! I've never been there and no healthy person with common sense has been either. It doesn't matter wheather your 12 or 20 - it's still f***ing stupid! I couldn't believe the stupid masses were actually PLAYING the game, let along PAYING for it! I am freaking apalled here! Is this where we've gotten? Is it that bad now? Was the film "Idiocracy" actually freaking correct?! I just can not believe this - I FREAKING HATE THE MASSES! STUPID SHEEP! When are people gonna start seeing the truth? ;(

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
danpascooch said:
Zynga's unhelpful advice was that she should have put passwords on her entire computer in anticipation of her son spending a thousand dollars online, that's just stupid.
Err, no, it's actually what she should have done. Of course this is an expensive way to learn that lesson, but it's valid nonetheless.

Jinx_Dragon

Jan 19, 2009
CosmicCommander said:
Andy Chalk said:
Her bank told her there is one way to have the charges reversed: File a complaint with the police. She's declined to do so, however, because although the boy would only receive a "caution," she was told it would stay with him for the rest of his life.
The way you phrase it, you seem to think getting a police caution is a trivial matter; it's actually not.

If you get a caution that is stored on the police database, and any potential employers can look at that and turn you down for a job.

So I think the mother made the right call, I hope that kid gets a lotta grounding, though.
He is a Juvenile and as such his records are sealed. Doubt a employer would be able to get a court order to even see that his record is sealed, let alone unseal it. Still what mother wants to charge their kid with grand theft? Suggesting that is the only way to get a refund is down right callous, twice so when they admit the stuff should never have been purchased. They do this by locking the kids account, which if they still are going to charge for is border line fraud!

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
I'm saddened that he blew all that money on something so shitty.

I mean, come on! Atleast spend the money on something worth a damn!

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
dumb kid dumb game? eh

BUT on the plus side it's nice that she's taking some responsibility seeing as it is her kid
and hopefully she doesn't have to shoulder that entire bill in the end

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
Wooooooww.

FARMVILLE!
Ruining people's lives everywhere with just one tedious game.

If I was his parent, I'd give him a slap on the face, destroy everything Farmville related he still owns, then make him work off the money until he pays it off, no matter how long it takes the bugger.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Snowalker said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Wow...um...Get a refund?

Seriously. Kids these days don't know the value of money. Especially girls, I'm sorry to say.
Right... thats why the person in question is a boy...

Anyhow, Its the parents fault, she claims to know this, she will now be broke. What more can we say?
He is an exception. Little girls I know are spoiled fucking brats.
Little kids I know are spoiled brats. Especially my two cousins (both boys).

I really wouldn't be calling attention to this PC crap, but you went way out of your way to make a link that wasn't there.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Farmville, for those few of you who might not be aware
*snip*
You mean someone on this site might not be aware of farmville after March Mayhem has barely ended? Suuure :p

syltman

Feb 12, 2009
These "free games" cost you more then anything, I bet he didn't get alot for those $1400 that he spent on this game either. I remember when I played battlefield heroes and bought for ?10 a hat and a chest...

It's a scam where you abuse someone's addiction. I'd say it's more dangerous then crack. Also that kid must be stupid, I know for sure that I would never do such a thing when I was 12

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
GamingAwesome1 said:
I mean, come on! Atleast spend the money on something worth a damn!
I agree.

And your avatar is incredibly fitting to this situation.

+1 Absolutely No Reason Internet Cookie!

Chechosaurus

Jul 20, 2008
$1400? So that's like what? £3.50 in real money? (Sorry, I can never resist a good exchange rate joke regardless of how badly our currency is doing)

I always said that Farmville was evil.

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
1400 hundred dollars could have bought a decent gaming computer, or I could by a whole new set of high quality hockey equipment for that much. Not only that every time I spent anymore than like 300 bucks I have been contacted by my bank confirming I purchased these items. Zynga made out like bandit, virtually free property and they won't refund the lady their money. Since no real good traded hands should be easier to give money back. Anyways you think the kid doesn't know where his mom keeps his purse and the website basically give you a step by step directions on how to put in the credit card information.