Xbox One's Frame Rate: Kid Rejected, Mother Approved

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008

Brought to you by Critical Moss, the world's worst webcomic.

Read Full Article

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
You shouldn't be so hard on your mom, guys. One day you'll be just like her. Take that inevitability and cower.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
That guy in the last panel, the green shirt guy with the look of a decade of bludgeoning guilt and self-pity, of the knowledge of unspoken disappointment and daily realisation you're not half the person you hoped you would be?

Yeah, that guy? Looks exactly like me back when I had a ponytail. You can stop watching me in bed now Grey.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
The Wooster said:

Brought to you by Critical Moss, the world's worst webcomic.

Read Full Article
To be entirely fair, 30 fps is better for some games.

But on the other hand, that list consists entirely of games whose developers, the idiots that they are, thought it was a bright idea to use the framerate as a timer.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Red Mystery Fluid isn't comparable to ketchup, that's like comparing apples and artificially and naturally flavored apple bars! ...:V

Also on a more serious note, where did this myth come from that you can't see more than 30fps? I mean shouldn't that just not even be a thing as it's easily testable or just look at NTSC vs PAL 60vs50 it's noticeable there and that's just 10 frames.

People are crazy.

2cool4u

Feb 24, 2014
Man, I would watch the shit out of an anime called Harajuku Senpai Rangers. Of course, the main characters's outfits must be exactly like something you could see in Harajuku street, otherwise what's the point in watching it?

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
But..but...everyone knows the human eye can't see more than 30 fps! Various console peasants have attested to this! How can they possibly be wrong?

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
It's less that there's 'no difference' or one being 'better,' I mean 60 is clearly a much different, much larger number than 30. It's more that if you played something at 30 FPS and than at 60 FPS, 9 times out of 10 you would probably have to TELL me which one is which. I would so rarely be able to legitimately tell the difference on my own that I really don't give a shit.

nickpy

Oct 9, 2010
An Ceannaire said:
Crazy Zaul said:
Red Fluid lol. I hate people who call ketchup 'Red sauce'.
So you hate everybody in Britain and Ireland?
I'm British and I don't called it "Red Sauce"; infact, I can think of absolutely no-one who does, either British, American or Other.

Gasbandit

Jun 14, 2012
I can definitely tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps. I mean, I can still PLAY at 30... but it looks so much BETTER at 60.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Snotnarok said:
Red Mystery Fluid isn't comparable to ketchup, that's like comparing apples and artificially and naturally flavored apple bars! ...:V

Also on a more serious note, where did this myth come from that you can't see more than 30fps? I mean shouldn't that just not even be a thing as it's easily testable or just look at NTSC vs PAL 60vs50 it's noticeable there and that's just 10 frames.

People are crazy.
Never underestimate the power of the fanboy to deny logic and reality.

An Ceannaire said:
Crazy Zaul said:
I don't know where you got that idea from, it was just called tomato sauce like most civilized countries.

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
Honest question - do images such as the one in the last panel actually make people laugh? Not being snarky, here; I'm genuinely curious.

Cause to be honest, that type of stuff just makes me sad.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
nickpy said:
An Ceannaire said:
Crazy Zaul said:
I'm British and I don't called it "Red Sauce"; infact, I can think of absolutely no-one who does, either British, American or Other.
I think they're thinking of "Brown Sauce".

On Topic: The XbOne just seems like one big compromise of a console.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Well, yes; if it's a straight-up choice between thirty and sixty frames per second on the same game, I'll take sixty, thanks.

However, if it's a choice between a locked, solid 30 and a variance of 15-60, I think I'd rather have 30... Especially in a game where I'm going to need to dodge a lot.

And if I get 30 FPS and my opponent on the network gets 60, we may have an issue.

This has little to do with the XB1's issues, though; there, "30 FPS is perfectly fine" mostly seems to be a futile attempt at damage control.

Yal

We are a rattlesnake
Dec 22, 2010
SKBPinkie said:
Honest question - do images such as the one in the last panel actually make people laugh? Not being snarky, here; I'm genuinely curious.

Cause to be honest, that type of stuff just makes me sad.
Sometimes I laugh when I am sad.

And I wear my hair loose, so I don't look anything like that guy. Ha ha, ow.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Me55enger said:
That guy in the last panel, the green shirt guy with the look of a decade of bludgeoning guilt and self-pity, of the knowledge of unspoken disappointment and daily realisation you're not half the person you hoped you would be?

Yeah, that guy? Looks exactly like me back when I had a ponytail. You can stop watching me in bed now Grey.
Did the same to me in the warhammer comic as the guy with a trench coat.

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
Aaron Sylvester said:
But..but...everyone knows the human eye can't see more than 30 fps! Various console peasants have attested to this! How can they possibly be wrong?
Maybe I'm being too sensitive, but I mostly game on the console, and having played a lot of high speed character action games and fighters, I can definitely tell the difference b/w 30 and 60 fps.

On a side note, I wish dev's would stop trying to output graphics the systems clearly can't handle and have games performance be a higher priority. I'd rather have a game with tight responsive controls than slightly more polygons and particle effects.