13,000 Play Half-Life 2 For Half-Life 3

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
At this point i couldn't care less about half-life and especially release of half-life 3 they had their chance now i moved on.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
I heard about this, but didn't take part on account of having played that game about 8 times and watching multiple analysis of the whole thing. I feel guilty, yes. But there are only so many ways you can waste combine.

mellemhund

Apr 1, 2009
Would've participated, but real life got in the way. I feel like I'm gonna stop being a gamer before this game will see another release. :(

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
For a long while now, I've been thinking about the whole HL3 thing.
I've been claiming that HL3 doesn't exist, nor will it until it's announced, and that we should all stop obsessing and whining over it.

And I stand by that. At this point, Gabe Newell would have to have crippling brain damage to NOT know about the immense demand for the game; and it's obvious even if you haven't played the game, that this was a story left unfinished.

So I wonder; what condition is missing for Valve to finish this chapter of Gordon Freeman's story?

The only rational answer I've been able to come up with: The Aging Source Engine.
If I had to guess, Half-Life 3 will showcase a new Valve Engine (assuming the new Counterstrike doesn't do so first, though that just means it'll follow the same order as before: CS: Source -> HL2, -> et al).

It would explain the painful delays and constant dismissal of the topic at least.

Otherwise, I've gotta stick with the Status Quo..."It's not here, and it isn't coming til' they say it is."

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Y'know, I'm pretty sure it counts as "playing" if you start up HL-2 and step away from the computer. At least, if it's anything like how they measure "hours played".

22,000-odd people kind've suck. (I'm willing to assume there were some extenuating circumstances for approximately 784 of them.)

Aleril

Nov 18, 2009
I was just happy to play again and see how it compares. It's still completely amazing.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
I played it all freakin' day, I even managed to stop playing Skyrim to do this...

That sounds sadder than I would like it to >.>