Fantastic Four Reboot's Kate Mara Shares Pic to Mark End of Filming

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Fantastic Four Reboot's Kate Mara Shares Pic to Mark End of Filming

Kate Mara, who plays the Invisible Woman in Fox's Fantastic Four movie reboot, has shared an image with the entire cast to mark the end of filming.

While we already reported that Fox's upcoming Fantastic Four won't be based on any comic book [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136178-Fantastic-Four-Reboot-Movie-Wont-Be-Based-on-Any-Comics] and will show a new (grounded) origins story for the team, that's as far as we know when it comes to the reboot. Over on Twitter, Kate Mara, who plays Sue Storm (The Invisible Woman), has now shared our "first look" at the team all assembled together. Unfortunately, though, it doesn't seem to be from the actual set, but a group selfie with the rest of the team to celebrate wrapping up Fantastic Four. Captioned with "That's a wrap on Fantastic Four, it doesn't specify if this means entire production has wrapped, or just filming. I'd say it's the latter given that we haven't even seen a logo or a trailer for the superhero flick.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/_KateMara/statuses/495584490958626818]

Joining Mara in the movie (and image) are Miles Teller as Mr. Fantastic, Michael B. Jordan as the Human Torch, and Jamie Bell as the Thing. The as-of-yet-untitled Fantastic Four reboot will be directed by Josh Trank (Chronicle) for a targeted June 19, 2015 theater release.

Are you optimistic this Fantastic Four film reboot will turn out well or should we be concerned that Comic-Con has come and gone and we didn't even see a single screen? Do you think this new Fantastic Four film can even come out worse than its two predecessors?

Source: Collider [https://twitter.com/_KateMara/statuses/495584490958626818]

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
How the hell did they film it so fast? Unless most the film is-oh right.

Well, it can't be worse then Silver Surfer. I mean, I can be, but we all hope it isn't

sniddy_v1legacy

Jul 10, 2010
I really couldn't care less for this, re-boots are getting out of hand...

For example the spiderman reboot - why?

I understand bringing old stuff back - star treks return for example

But why reboot this, why not do a new story?

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Shiftygiant said:
How the hell did they film it so fast? Unless most the film is-oh right.

Well, it can't be worse then Silver Surfer. I mean, I can be, but we all hope it isn't
Exactly what I was thinking. I mean, we don't even have a logo, or teaser! o_O It can't be worse than Rise of the Silver Surfer, right? Right?!

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Super Not Cosmo said:
Ugh! Just fucking ugh! You have three people that appear to have been pulled directly from Generic Teen TV Show #1445 and the guy who starred in Turn on AMC that had all the charisma of a moldly cabbage. This film is going to be painful.
Yep. I want to say it cant possibly be worse than the previous FF...but I'm afraid it will be.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
sniddy said:
I really couldn't care less for this, re-boots are getting out of hand...

For example the spiderman reboot - why?

I understand bringing old stuff back - star treks return for example

But why reboot this, why not do a new story?
To hold onto to the copyright: if they don't produce movies at regular interval X, they get handed over back to the original holder, ie Marvel.

So unless they want to give up a superhero license, which is incredibly profitable right now, they will keep making movies.

Also reboot < creativity in terms of expenses.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
A more grounded origin? Seriously? There is still going to be a rock man, a human flaming man, a woman that turns invisible and a man that stretches his body. What is the point of a grounded origin when they all end up with crazy powers? Just let them get blasted by cosmic rays. This is what i hate, companies that have zero respect for the source material. If they are to scared to make the movie like the comics its based off then they should just not make the movie.

I actually like the other 2 FF movies, they wernt perfect but they were fun. The tone was correct for me. Getting sick of everything having to be dark, moody and realistic.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Huh.

Was expecting this to be a picture of an empty room. Due to, you know, invisible.

Magnethead

Feb 1, 2011
So presumably either Sue or Johnny is adopted in this version, or am I missing something?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Magnethead said:
So presumably either Sue or Johnny is adopted in this version, or am I missing something?
Or both, or mixed racial parents. Presumably.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Hopefully black Johnny Storm will be the good part of an otherwise terrible movie, because it would be hilarious to see all the haters of race/gender-bending in comic books eat their words yet again.

Rawbeard

Jan 28, 2010
I don't mind race/gender bending, but if you have characters that are supposedly brother and sister are of different race, it's getting pretty stupid. And if they are not related, what is the point of keeping the names? "s/he is adopted" is just lazy writing.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I had no idea this thing was that far into production.

I like both Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara so I hope they play there parts well, cant say im fussed on the casting of Thing and Reed but heres to hoping this doesn't suck.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Rawbeard said:
I don't mind race/gender bending, but if you have characters that are supposedly brother and sister are of different race, it's getting pretty stupid. And if they are not related, what is the point of keeping the names? "s/he is adopted" is just lazy writing.
Once people start getting tired of complaining about interracial related characters, soon it will be inter-species. Cant wait for the next FF where Sue Storm is played by an American actress and Johnny Storm is played by a Labrador.

Sheen Lantern

May 13, 2013
SonOfVoorhees said:
Once people start getting of interracial related characters, soon it will be inter-species. Cant wait for the next FF where Sue Storm is played by an American actress and Johnny Storm is played by a Labrador.
Did you seriously just compare a white character being played by a black person to a white character being played by a dog

Shodan1980

Mar 29, 2010
I don't.....I just......why do they have to look like sodding teenagers? I mean, I get the best actor for the role gets the part, but surely if anybody should be played by an adult, it's Mr Fantastic? I know he's not exactly an elder statesman in the Marvel Universe, but he's definitely an important figure. Could you see Professor X or Tony Stark or Nick Fury taking advice from this foetus?

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Sheen Lantern said:
SonOfVoorhees said:
Once people start getting sick of complaining about interracial related characters, soon it will be inter-species. Cant wait for the next FF where Sue Storm is played by an American actress and Johnny Storm is played by a Labrador.
Did you seriously just compare a white character being played by a black person to a white character being played by a dog
Was nothing racist in my comment - your looking way to hard. I was joking on the fact that inter racial/racial is the in thing to moan about (now people stopped complaining about woman in games). Once people have dealt with those issue in movies the next thing will be inter species. So when they reboot FF again people will complain why one of the characters isnt not portrayed as an animal. Ok, Sue Storm can be played by a Pigeon and Johnny Storm played by a Chinese man.

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
well that was fast, and already looks like shit lol. I dont know the first 2 films were very meh. This just feels like HEY REMEMBER FANTASTIC 4 ?! give us money !!!!